iceroll

The Hunger Games Trilogy is now the Best-Selling Book Series of All Time on Amazon.com

Amazon was around when Potter came out but e-books changed everything, and that's pretty recent.The scary thing is that Hunger Games is only on it's first movie. The books will continue to sell like crazy for a long time to come...

Edited by altbum

Yes, but then again when the first Potter books came out, Amazon.com wasn't even around, or if it was, it wasn't anywhere near as big as it is now.Still, it is very impressive.

You are way off. Amazon has been around since 1995. In fact it started as just an online book seller and very popular since late nighties.

You are way off. Amazon has been around since 1995. In fact it started as just an online book seller and very popular since late nighties.

Maybe so. But absolutely nowhere near the same neighborhood as it is today. Especially with kindles & e-readers.

big advertizing, butwhat does that tell us?J.K.Rowlings is not even a Kindle million seller http://www.ct.com/entertainment/photos/wtxx-kindle-million-club-the-bestselling-kindle-authors-of-alltime-20120321,0,3494757.photogallery

I'm pretty sure Potter books weren't even available in E-book form until the last few years. I distinctly remember stories on the fan sites about them finally becoming available.

I have to say that, as a fan of both Potter and THG, I'm very put off by the many Potter fans that are now bashing Hunger Games because of this pointless Amazon thing. Almost makes me ashamed to be a Potter fan.

I'm a Potter fan but I agree it is ridiculous to bash Hunger Games because it is now #1 on Amazon. Records were made to be broken, and Harry Potter had its day.

Not to mention it's pretty obvious why HG has beaten it on Amazon. Potter books were just this past March available in e-book format for the first time, and still aren't available on Kindles or Nooks. And most people already have their copies of HP books.