vc2002

Johnny Depp about to get paid $90m for a 5th Pirates film???

https://www.google.c...BAdC0iQeW2IHoBghttp://movieline.com...bbean-5-salary/

Holy Swashbucklers! Rumors are flying that Johnny Depp is considering a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean installment, and the speculation may be overheating. Some international papers including The Sun say the newly single star could make some rather unprecedented cha-ching — to the tune of £60 million (that's about $95 million at current exchange rates).

WTTTFFFF???? :mouthdropped: Edited by vc2002

I'm not interested to see another Pirates film and the rest of the world is getting tired too.Sure, pay Depp $90m. After all, it's not like you (Disney) spend any money on actual creative projects. It defines them as a studio, really. Content to sit back and shovel out shit and branding. I just can't wait until the day comes that serious misfinancing ruins the studio. Hopefully it won't be too late for Pixar to be salvaged and for Disney's little prestigious catalogue to be saved. Until then, bring on more Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus schmaltzy watered down safe bullshit on screen.

90 mill is just ridiculous, but when you look at how much Jack made for Batman after his backend (89) he took home 50 mill. So while this deal is staggering, the fact that the last Pirates film made more than a billion shows that people are not getting tired of Captain Jack.

• Like 1

Why are people surprised? POTC is the first franchise to have 2 billion dollar grosser in a franchise. Here's a news flash, Depp/Sparrow are crazy popular OS and if it declines domestic to say 150M, it'll still make close to 1B WW. This franchise will make movies as long as Depp wants to play Sparrow. Don't shed any tears for Disney regarding JC, TA will easily compensate and then some for JC debacle.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Depp's Jack Sparrow has gotten old. In the first movie it was pretty amazing and hilarious, but by part 3 it had got stale

I understand that but rest of the world overall can't get enough of him. We'll see him play Sparrow as long as he want to.

Yeah, I was just stating my opinion. I know people who consider Sparrow their favorite movie character

I'm with you regarding the character. I didn't even see POTC4 in theaters. Just tired of the franchise like IA but 1B+ grosser aren't easily replaceable so I understand Disney's reasoning for offering him $90M+. If it sees substantial drop in gross OS, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing at Disney then. Edited by druv10