vc2002

Johnny Depp about to get paid $90m for a 5th Pirates film???

They sure are intent on milking this franchise for all it is worth.

Milking it is what Leprechaun par 6 is. Milking it is when American Pie makes direct to DVD sequels. Milking it is not when your franchise is making a billion dollars. That is just smart business.
  • Like 4

Depp's Jack Sparrow has gotten old. In the first movie it was pretty amazing and hilarious, but by part 3 it had got stale

Sorry dude, but if the last film had dropped to 600 mill, I would agree with you, but it made a billion. People are still willing to pay to see him.

Milking it is what Leprechaun par 6 is. Milking it is when American Pie makes direct to DVD sequels. Milking it is not when your franchise is making a billion dollars. That is just smart business.

Exactly and the same applies to IA franchise. Profit margin for these franchises are just crazy and studios would have to be nuts to stop producing them.
  • Like 1

Sorry dude, but if the last film had dropped to 600 mill, I would agree with you, but it made a billion. People are still willing to pay to see him.

I was voicing my opinion on the character. Do I have to put IMO at the end of every post?
  • Like 1

Imagine the wonderful, helpful things you could do with all that dough, like donating it to cancer research or to Somalia or whatever

I'm sure he has some sort of charity he's connected to.I love Depp, and I'd love to see a new Pirates film, but that is a ridiculous sum of money.

I bet it is an estimate and half of it is in the backend deal. If it makes a billion dollars worldwide then Depp will probably get close to 100 million. I'm not really surprised when you consider that Disney desperately wanted a sequel and Depp had taken a paycut for The Lone Ranger.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Please dont make another one..... the last one was so badIn case you didn't notice, one of the o's is actually a zero!

Edited by Expendable baumer

Is this his up front money, or are they calculating what he'd make total, including the back end/profit sharing? Cause $90m with profit sharing is around what he made on the last couple Pirates movie and it's only crazy if that's his up front money.I've read reports that Willis made about $100m from The Sixth Sense, Hanks $70m-ish from Forrest Gump, Leo $50m+ from Inception, Ford around $100m from Krystal Skull and many other examples because of profit sharing in their contracts. I'm also sure Cameron made $100m+ each from Titanic and Avatar.And of course, the mother load of all paydays, Mel Gibson's from The Passion, which varies in reports from $250-350m.

And of course, the mother load of all paydays, Mel Gibson's from The Passion, which varies in reports from $250-350m.

No actor deserves so much money. Thank god his exwife took half of all he had. :P Edited by Mojoguy

Is this his up front money, or are they calculating what he'd make total, including the back end/profit sharing? Cause $90m with profit sharing is around what he made on the last couple Pirates movie and it's only crazy if that's his up front money.I've read reports that Willis made about $100m from The Sixth Sense, Hanks $70m-ish from Forrest Gump, Leo $50m+ from Inception, Ford around $100m from Krystal Skull and many other examples because of profit sharing in their contracts. I'm also sure Cameron made $100m+ each from Titanic and Avatar.And of course, the mother load of all paydays, Mel Gibson's from The Passion, which varies in reports from $250-350m.

Cameron topped Forbes' 2010 highest paid - something like $325m!