• The Intouchables
    • Madagascar 3
    • Brave
    • Magic Mike
    • Beasts of Southern Wild
    • Ted
    • The Bourne Legacy
    • Total Recall

Moonrise Kingdom & The Avengers. Although between Beasts, Intouchables, and Safety Not Guaranteed, it was a satisfying summer in terms on indie films.ParaNorman was surprisingly good, TDKR was slightly below expectations, and Brave kind of dissapointed.

Also, it was a pretty weak summer for major comedies. The Dictator & The Campaign were enjoyable when I saw them, but they were pretty forgettable. That, and I didn't find Ted nearly as funny as most other people did. I didn't even see The Watch and That's My Boy, but I can't imagine that I would have liked them.Honestly, The Avengers may have been the funniest movie of the summer. Even Brave's humor was below the Pixar standard, IMO.

Why aren't people voting?Anyway, upon reflection, my top five, in the order in the poll, are: TA, TDKR, MIB3, Brave and Ted.TASM and Prometheus will need more views. Madagascar 3, Intouchables, Moonrise Kingdom and Beasts of the Southern Wild haven't been released here yet, and I'm yet to see Magic Mike.