3rd: 8 million

4th: 6.5 million

-Pulled from schedule....

-Moved to Saturdays

5th: 4 million

6th: 4.5 million

7th: 3.8 million

-Cancelled

Well, viewership is completely irrelevant for its chances of renewal. It is the A18-49 ratings that matter. I can imagine it opening into the 4's and dropping to mid-to-high 2's toward the end of the season, which would be more than enough for a second season.

Avengers was popular because of the heroes, not because of Coulson... Disney got this shit all wrong. They're just dragging the name of "S.H.I.E.L.D" through the mud right now.

• Community Manager

I would expect a huge opening even if this was on the CW. The Avengers are extremely popular right now and while SHIELD might not have them, I do expect a lot of interested people to tune in. Now I expect a big episode 2 drop-off but ABC should have a hit on their hand if Whedon is able to deliver yet another high-quality series. Which he should.

Why not? There's no reason why it shouldn't premiere huge, especially after the avengers.

I thought it was going to be up against the Voice, but they moved Voice to 9PM. But I think it will get high 3's, maybe a 4 for the pilot.  Getting a 5.0 is tough nowadays.

• Community Manager

How long do you think the Avengers craze will last?  It's pretty hot right now, but eventually will die down.  Might that affect the ratings?

If the show is good, why would it?

• Community Manager

Based on that trailer, a lot of people will be disappointed when they tune in. They will think this will be action packed every episode when it clearly won't be.

Why not? 24, Nikita, Buffy, Human Target and numerous other shows managed to be action-packed. I mean it might not be AS action-packed but it should still be.

• Like 1