Noctis

Do you miss Harry Potter?

Potter was my friend and my lover. He was gentle yet strong. When he felt like teasing me he would put on his invisibility cloak and come at me from behind. There's nothing like having all your clothes ripped off by a 19 year old invisible wizard.I miss him dearly.

Your next manuscript, "Fifty Shades of Potter"
  • Like 1

Yes, I do. Watching a new HP film for the first time is like a 2 hour orgasm. The 2nd and 3rd viewings are really great too, but after a while the flaws become more apparent and then it seems like the quality drastically declines. I think they're all great films, and very well crafted, but upon my first few viewings I view them as Oscar worthy. I get reallly excited! And that's what I miss the most.

Edited by Mr Potter

I think the films will actually be more liked after a few years go by. They'll be seen less as an adaption of a book series and more as stand alone movies. At least that's what I think. If you go on to IMDb and look at the first review on half of them, they say the movies fall flat in comparison to the books. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, because I love the films, but I don't think such an important franchise can be looked back in twenty years as "good, but not great" by the majority.

• Like 3

I miss it a lot. The marketing for the Potter movies was always incredible. I remember how many times I'd re-watch the trailers after they first came out. The excitement you get from watching a Potter trailer is unlike any other.And I really miss the feeling of sitting in the cinema for the first time wondering how this adaption will turn out.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, because I love the films, but I don't think such an important franchise can be looked back in twenty years as "good, but not great" by the majority.

That's not an uncommon phenomenon, but I agree.As for the thread question, I rather do miss it. It was a pretty big part of my childhood and sometimes I just want to go back. It'd be interesting to know what the kids who are ten years younger than me right now have instead of Harry Potter. Sounded a bit better in my head, but it's kinda hard to articulate. Edited by lab276

I've been watching the Harry Potter movies, and I can't help but feel so sad when I get past the 4th movie, and especially the 6th, 7th, and 8th ones. I decided that this will probably be the last time I watch all 8 movies for a few years at least. And it makes it harder for me to watch them because it feels, for some reason, like it'll be the last time I do watch them. But in a few years, I think I will return to the movies again, so it's not really goodbye.

Edited by The Creator
  • Like 1

I do miss Harry Potter for only one reason: Every year I would look forward to another movie, and now that it's over, it's quite hard not to notice the absence of that excitement that I had...It sucks even more when you see how Dan/Emma/Rupert grew up and going their own ways when you were used to see them together for like 10 years...