Noctis

Do you miss Harry Potter?

All over twitter right now that apparently  JK rowling is writing an eight book. I highly doubt this is true, seeing as no official site has even posted anything about it. Probably just the encyclopedia. 

Edited by Heretic

All over twitter right now that apparently  JK rowling is writing an eight book. I highly doubt this is true, seeing as no official site has even posted anything about it. Probably just the encyclopedia. 

The funny thing is that all the links in the twitter comments send you to a news story that went on the internet around the time Pottermore opened... and that was a long time ago.

That eight book is the freaking Harry Potter encyclopedia (said even in the video from the news), not an actual book (like a sequel...)

Edited by ChD

YES I miss it, and I read the books once a year because I can't get enough. And I watch the movies pretty often too (most of them anyway).

And I hope she is actually doing an encyclopedia, I remember hearing about it ages ago but I figured it got put on hold or dropped when all the talk about it died down. 

As much as I love Harry Potter, I wouldn't want her to write any sequels, I think it would just push it too far. I would definitely read them if they were there though. I wouldn't mind some independent stories set in the Harry Potter universe, or perhaps a few prequel books about Voldemort's first rise to power or something. But I figure she's probably done with the series, and she left it pretty well wrapped up (except for the horrible epilogue, but we can forgive her for one bad chapter).

In answer to the thread - Yes, of course.But more importantly.. I was a party the other night and there was this girl.. She was cute and she was French. How could it get any better?She had a tattoo of the Deathly Hallows symbol. :o

I am 50 years old and I miss Harry Potter dearly.  When the first movie came out we got it on DVD.  I hadn't read the books yet.  After seeing the movie I read the book and saw the second film and each other in the Theater.  It is my favorite series ever and that is saying a lot since I am a Disney freak.

I watch the films right through (1-8) probably three or four times a year, so I guess I miss it, but i'm glad with the material that I can re-watch. I wouldn't want anymore.

Those books and movies were my childhood, I would give anything to erase my memory of them and relive that experience just as I did when I was a kid, then grow to appreciate them more as I do now that I have grown up.

• Like 2

Yeah, I really miss them, the three of them felt like childhood friend for me, reading the books and watching the movies was an amazing experience for me, it really changed me as a person, it literally changed my interests, that's when I started reading books.

I loved Fantastic Beasts and I'm really looking forward to the next one but it's not the same cause the amazing trio isn't there... Funny story about that though, my little girl doesn't care much about Harry Potter no matter how much I tried to make her interested in it, but Fantastic beasts? She freaking loved it! Maybe I can get her into Harry Potter after all!

• Like 1

I thought I did miss the movie series, until I rewatched them. The Adults are spot on but I shouldn't consider watching Harry Potter and his friends a chore.

I miss new book material more (& yes, I did like Cursed Child...)

Well I'll always miss the time the books/movies were still coming out, but it's not like I'd want to see more of them because of it as I can always go back and read/watch Harry Potter. What I can't do is go back and relive those years when the story wasn't done so it's more the environment and atmosphere I lived through during those years that I downright miss.

Really happy about Fantastic Beasts though, that's what I'm excited about seeing more of.