Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

As much as Robinov sounded like a decent guy, he had too much unrealistic expectations (he expected MOS to make more than The Dark Knight).

Under his reign, WB was slow, not that they aren't slow now when it comes to DC adaptions, but at least we have stuff like Arrow.

I read an NYT article that WB likes to be slow. They are against fast paced environment because their products are slow to develop & produce anyway. Quality takes time. I agree with Warners. Disney loves speed. The way they churn out Marvel movies every 6 or 9 months, it really shows.

• Like 1

I read an NYT article that WB likes to be slow. They are against fast paced environment because their products are slow to develop & produce anyway. Quality takes time. I agree with Warners. Disney loves speed. The way they churn out Marvel movies every 6 or 9 months, it really shows.

Ironically they are the same studio who is putting all their characters together in a movie with only two films prior.

That might be the case, but as a studio they are ridiculously slow. Justice League has been announced as far as back as 2007 if I remember, with that whole Justice League Mortal stuff.

The Justice League script has gone through multiple changes, and at this point it's getting somewhat tiresome.

Not to mention they might be too late. Who knows, superheroes might actually lose popularity by the time they start getting anywhere with these films that aren't Batman or Superman.

Hopefully (as much as I don't like their approach), this new planned Justice League movie doesn't end up getting cancelled.

Edited by Fancyarcher

And it works for them gravity took years to develop but it won them like 8 oscars. WB and Diseny are different disney makes a lot less movies therefore the ones it does make need to be big box office smashes, WB produces a lot of movies and only needs modest successes both strategies have ups and downs. For WB it is slow building franchises for disney it is catastrophic bombs like John Carter and Lone Ranger.

Ironically they are the same studio who is putting all their characters together in a movie with only two films prior. That might be the case, but as a studio they are ridiculously slow. Justice League has been announced as far as back as 2007 if I remember, with that whole Justice League Mortal stuff. The Justice League script has gone through multiple changes, and at this point it's getting somewhat tiresome. Not to mention they might be too late. Who knows, superheroes might actually lose popularity by the time they start getting anywhere with these films that aren't Batman or Superman. Hopefully (as much as I don't like their approach), this new planned Justice League movie doesn't end up getting cancelled.

This is very true, Wonder Woman's been in and out of development probably since the 90s plus there was 19 years between Superman IV and Superman Returns although I imagine when Batman became a huge hot, Superman got put on the back burner.
  • Like 1

This is very true, Wonder Woman's been in and out of development probably since the 90s plus there was 19 years between Superman IV and Superman Returns although I imagine when Batman became a huge hot, Superman got put on the back burner.

At least we didn't get that Superman Lives Nicolas Cage / Tim Burton mess.

• Like 1

Pirates is dead, and dc+MArvel if done correctly, but yeah disney is the king of properties right now with their star wars purchase, pixar is on the decline though

I don't think you know what dead means. When a movie makes 1B its far from dead.

They have no plans, there is no script, there is no date, the last film was hated, and at least in NA even if there was one i doubt it break 200 the franchise is dead

Horn said could shoot this year.

They have no plans, there is no script, there is no date, the last film was hated, and at least in NA even if there was one i doubt it break 200 the franchise is dead

And yet it was the highest grossing film internationally.  I don't think it was quite as hated as you say it is.

• Like 2

Pirates is dead, and dc+MArvel if done correctly, but yeah disney is the king of properties right now with their star wars purchase, pixar is on the decline though.

I disliked POTC 4 a lot myself,but considering how much money it made you can bet your butt there will be Pirates 5. Yes, it is taking longer then expected but I think Depp as Jack Sparrow will be just as potent at the box office over the next few years as he has in the past.

Even if Pixar is on the decline...and they are still a huge money maker for The Mouse...Disney Animatation is having second renassiance with "Tangled" and "Wreck It Ralph" being hits and, then of course there is a film they had last year called ":Frozen" that sort of did OK at the box office.

If you dislike The Mouse, fine, but be realistic about it.

And it's not like Warners does not have it's problems........

Edited by dudalb

EXCLUSIVE: New 'Flintstones' Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.  Is this one of their recent announced movies?

Yeah they also announced Tom and Jerry, Jetsons, Ben 10, Samurai Jack, Looney Tunes, and Scooby Doo over the years, and weve heard nothing since, but considering they have untitled movies for 2017 and 18, it could be them, so we'll see. My guess is Looney/Scooby and Flintstones. And theyre aiming for winter so Lego gave them confidence. I'd like to see Cartoon Networks library get used some. A CG Dexters Laboratory movie could really work, i'd be there at midnight.
  • Like 1

And yet it was the highest grossing film internationally.  I don't think it was quite as hated as you say it is.

I think somebody has it in for Disney. That is fine...I have no great love for The Mouse.....but don't shove reality aside in your dislike.

As you point out, POTC 4 was a huge earner for The Mouse. I disliked it a lot, but am not going to deny it was huge hit for Disney.

Edited by dudalb

I disliked POTC 4 a lot myself,but considering how much money it made you can bet your butt there will be Pirates 5. Yes, it is taking longer then expected but I think Depp as Jack Sparrow will be just as potent at the box office over the next few years as he has in the past.

Even if Pixar is on the decline...and they are still a huge money maker for The Mouse...Disney Animatation is having second renassiance with "Tangled" and "Wreck It Ralph" being hits and, then of course there is a film they had last year called ":Frozen" that sort of did OK at the box office.

If you dislike The Mouse, fine, but be realistic about it.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Yeah they also announced Tom and Jerry, Jetsons, Ben 10, Samurai Jack, Looney Tunes, and Scooby Doo over the years, and weve heard nothing since, but considering they have untitled movies for 2017 and 18, it could be them, so we'll see. My guess is Looney/Scooby and Flintstones. And theyre aiming for winter so Lego gave them confidence.I'd like to see Cartoon Networks library get used some. A CG Dexters Laboratory movie could really work, i'd be there at midnight.

And let's not forget that Marvin the Martian feature film that has not been heard of for a while.

Too bad. Could have worked.

Now there are rumors about a Space Jam 2 with Lebron instead of Michael Jordan. I will believe that when I see it.