Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Uh... the last POTC made over 1B and the last Shreak 750M. People don't care anymore?

Shrek added 3D, it had the finale factor and 3 years of inflation, and still made less than the Shrek 3. It also sold 65% less tickets than Shrek 2.

POTC is in a better situation, but the decline has begun with OST. 3D and 5 years of inflation (that's a huge difference overseas) and still made less than DMC. The next POTC probably won't make 200m DOM.

Shrek added 3D, it had the finale factor and 3 years of inflation, and still made less than the Shrek 3. It also sold 65% less tickets than Shrek 2.

POTC is in a better situation, but the decline has begun with OST. 3D and 5 years of inflation (that's a huge difference overseas) and still made less than DMC. The next POTC probably won't make 200m DOM.

It doesn't matter. POTC could make 100M DOM and it would still could hit 1B WW. It's just THAT massive. This way of thinking is the same people apply to The Hobbit. Despite making almost 2B between 2 films, it is still (stupidly) said that people don't care anymore. No movie makes 1B or 750M, or even 400M if people don't care.

Disney Should Just Scrap POTC. it's glory days are over. they have plenty and maybe they could focus on something original instead. Johnny Deep isn't a BO drawl anymore.

It doesn't matter. POTC could make 100M DOM and it would still could hit 1B WW. It's just THAT massive. This way of thinking is the same people apply to The Hobbit. Despite making almost 2B between 2 films, it is still (stupidly) said that people don't care anymore. No movie makes 1B or 750M, or even 400M if people don't care.

I'm not trying to say international audience are stupid. but why do they flock to Sequels so? regardless of weather the previous one was good or not? are they just easier to please? Transformers for example had a major decrease domestically, but yet it still increased internationally. what does it take for a film to decrease with a sequel overseas?

Disney Should Just Scrap POTC. it's glory days are over. they have plenty and maybe they could focus on something original instead. Johnny Deep isn't a BO drawl anymore.

No, I think they have to make one last good film, a deserved finale for once a great franchise, they can't just end with the horrible OST

• Like 1

POTC is the biggest franchise Disney has. You could say TA, but we're not talking here about 3-4 franchises united, we talk about a classic franchise that can make 1B per movie with ease.

I'm not trying to say international audience are stupid. but why do they flock to Sequels so? regardless of weather the previous one was good or not? are they just easier to please? Transformers for example had a major decrease domestically, but yet it still increased internationally. what does it take for a film to decrease with a sequel overseas?

Because it's about tastes. I'm a movie buff but one of my favourite movies this year was TF. Why? Because it is a non-pretentious has-it-all movie, that GA loves. Good visuals, relatable characters, hot girls, awesome soundtrack, adrenaline pumping action and fast cars. A recipe for succes. And since when a movie decreasing in North America does mean it is bad? Since when America's taste in movies has become the norm? If a movie makes 300M in China it is clearly good for the audiences.

Edited by James

If it wasn't for China, TF4 would have decreased almost 200m

No, I think they have to make one last good film, a deserved finale for once a great franchise, they can't just end with the horrible OST

Maybe if they brought back Orlando and Keira say what you want about them, they added to the film, and part of the reason for the huge decrease with the fourth was most likely due to their absence, plus i actually liked them better then depp, but I hate Depp so that's not saying much, but can they make a good one? they haven't had a good pirates since the first over 10 years ago.

Edited by KaloVisor

Maybe if they brought back Orlando and Keira say what you want about them, they added to the film, and part of the reason for the huge decrease with the fourth was most likely due to their absence, plus i actually liked them better then depp, but I hate Depp so that's not saying much, but can they make a good one? they haven't had a good pirates since the first over 10 years ago.

the only outright bad POTC film was OST

the only outright bad POTC film was OST

I like 2-4 almost equally  which is a B-/B for me. they were okay, but not good enough to keep me invested in the franchise. 

Sam Claflin Saved POTC 4 imo.

Edited by KaloVisor

POTC is the biggest franchise Disney has. You could say TA, but we're not talking here about 3-4 franchises united, we talk about a classic franchise that can make 1B per movie with ease.

Was, and TA is Marvel it still could be considered one franchise. and they pick up a little series called "STAR WARS"

Was, and TA is Marvel it still could be considered one franchise. and they pick up a little series called "STAR WARS"

Was? The last one made 1B last time I checked. Did they cancel the next one? Because if not, that one will make 1B too for sure. Forgot about SW. 

Was? The last one made 1B last time I checked. Did they cancel the next one? Because if not, that one will make 1B too for sure. Forgot about SW. 

I believe POTC 5 will fall below 200m domestically and call me crazy, but I see it starting to fall overseas too, yes it will still make them money. but it's already hit it's peak. 

Depp never was a draw.

Who needs Orlando and Keira when they have Bardem and Penelope? Come on now.

I believe POTC 5 will fall below 200m domestically and call me crazy, but I see it starting to fall overseas too, yes it will still make them money. but it's already hit it's peak. 

No. Kids adore that pirates stuff. They just need a proper story and less concentrate on Depp. He was great as a sidekick.

Depp never was a draw.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I don't know how it is where you live, but I speak from what I see with my highschool and uni friends: Depp is one of the very very few actors that, at least here, manages to get people to see a movie, even if they have no interest in that particular movie. 

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I don't know how it is where you live, but I speak from what I see with my highschool and uni friends: Depp is one of the very very few actors that, at least here, manages to get people to see a movie, even if they have no interest in that particular movie. 

Well, his many bombs POTC aside tend to prove otherwise. 

http://www.the-numbers.com/person/580401-Johnny-Depp#tab=acting

Good luck with that though.

a few near 100M movies.

That`s right, a few.

I like Depp as much as the next guy, but calling him a box office draw is plain wrong. The same with Bale, even combined their forces they only managed to make twice of budget for "Public enemies".

And I highly doubt Alice and Sweeney Todd was a hit strictly due Depp.

Sometimes his eccentrics work for the benefit of the movie sometimes not.

I prefer his pre 2004 work tbh.

Edited by Gagen