Neo

American Assassin | September 15, 2017

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think you're going a bit too extreme on this one.  I think it looks reasonably entertaining enough.

Sure, but you spend a lot of time on a box office forum. I doubt you're what's considered the "general high school public"

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Sure, but you spend a lot of time on a box office forum. I doubt you're what's considered the "general high school public"

I'm talking about the part where he calls it "jingoistic, xenophobic piece of propaganda," which I think is taking it a bit too far.

• Like 5

On 6/13/2017 at 0:28 AM, Cmasterclay said:

I mean even besides the questionable politics I just think it looks bad. It's using the same music and editing as the Accountant did, at least from the trailers. That was a bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD movie.

But The Accountant was so much fun.

This one doesn't look as good though.

The Accountant was really good. 

I actually just watched the trailer because of all the discussing generated. It looks generic as hell. Box office wise maybe 7-8M OW? Won't surprise me if it sinks wiht a 5M OW or so. 

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

the plot twist in The Accountant actually made me laugh my ass off in the theatre because it was so stupid

I just saw the Accountant the other day and while not terrible, it wasn't good either.  Glad I missed in the theaters :P 

• Like 1

I think this film is a damn near guaranteed non starter. The plot looks generic, nobody but 12 year olds care about the lead and no Keaton is not a draw no matter how much fanboys want him to be.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

DAMNNNNNNNNNNN.....this looks off the charts.

Kingsman 2 really should be releasing in August. With the way sequels have kinda underperformed this year..I won't be shocked if Kingsman 2 does only 90M domestic. Maybe it gets lucky and matches first one domestic.

This and Kingsman 2 will eat into each others boxoffice because both are targeting similar audience. This looks a bit more serious and I am sure there will be some nice funny moments with Keaton but still...oh and it releases a week before so what if it surprises and does $35+ OW...Kingsman 2 will be slightly affected.

Oh btw Kingsman 2 has a 140+ million budget. I can smell a massive under performer. I hope I am wrong because Kingsman was a a blast and I want 2nd one to be a big hit so that we can get a 3rd one. It's the best bond franchise out now!

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1