Impact

What 2012 Film will have the most Oscar nominations?

34 members have voted

1. 1. What 2012 film will have the most nominations?

• The Hobbit
    • Les Miserbeles
    • Life of Pi
    • Lincoln
    • Silver Linings Playbook
    • Other film

Okay here I go!Right now I say Les Miserbeles.PictureDirectorActor-JackmanSup. Actror-CroweSup. Actress-HathawayAdapted ScreenplayEditingArt DirectionCinematographyCostumesSoundPossibly makeup.Though not sure about it winning the big prize as I'm not sure what else it might win for a major Oscar.

Okay here I go!Right now I say Les Miserbeles.PictureDirectorActor-JackmanSup. Actror-CroweSup. Actress-HathawayAdapted ScreenplayEditingArt DirectionCinematographyCostumesSoundPossibly makeup.Though not sure about it winning the big prize as I'm not sure what else it might win for a major Oscar.

The same for The Hobbit excepting interpretation noms and adding Visual effects and Original score. I don't know if Dwarves trailer's song could be nominated as Original song or maybe the score will include another song like each LOTR movie did. In that case we would have a draw between both movies.

Lincoln can end up with one more than Les Mis if Williams score gets in. Les Mis score is ineligible, no? otherwise, Les Mis should get in in almost everything save SFX.

Lincoln could get 2 supporting actress noms, which will negate score, plus Les Mis also has original song, and sound categories (Musicals do very well in sound categories) which Lincoln probably won't get. Lincoln could get one of the sounds though, Mixing.

And what I think Les Mis will get in Noms:Best Picture Best Director Lead Actor Supporting Actor Supporting Actress x2 Adapted Screenplay Cinematography Editing Costume Design Makeup Original Song Production Design Sound Mixing Sound Editing15 Noms across 14 Categories

• Like 1

Les Mis could snag 2 Best Supporting actresses if Samantha Barks (Eponine) pans out. Also, we haven`t seen SBC as Thenardier yet and he has a show-stopper number (Master of the House) and baity arc (from comic relief to villain).Just saw your list. What you said. Sounds right.

Edited by fishnets

Are the lyrics from the novel? Then no it can't. I would hope it has the most.

Yes, the lyrics come from the novel. So the only chance is that they include an original song like in LOTR movies Edited by peludo

I thought about Argo. But outside of editing and possibly cinematography-what other major cats?

I was thinking about Argo, I'm honestly thinking it could this year's Moneyball, brilliant movie, gets lots of buzz, but by the time voting comes around it's practically a non-factor. But, hopefully it at least wins Adapted Screenplay, still pissed that Moneyball lost.