Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chewy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Dec. 18, 2015 | #1 Movie of all time!!! (DOM)

52,863 posts in this topic

HOLYMOTHEROFGODSHITFUCKINGBALLS

OMG, My phone just blew up, all my friends and industry friends are calling me. This is the biggest news in Box Office History. Avatar? Avengers? No Episode 7 is about to break every Box Office Record in HISTORY. OMG, THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

Edited by filmscholar
2 people like this

Just want everyone to know 2015.....Star Wars, Avengers, Justice League

1 person likes this

OMG, My phone just blew up, all my friends and industry friends are calling me. This is the biggest news in Box Office History. Avatar? Avengers? No Episode 7 is about to break every Box Office Record in HISTORY. OMG, THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

Lol I don't know about that. The prequels hurt the brand a lot.

Just want everyone to know2015.....Star Wars, Avengers, Justice League

+ Hunger Games finale

Maya's calendar was wrong, the end of the world is in 2015, we'll be able to die peacefully after this :P
2 people like this

This is pretty insane. Who's directing?

I doubt they have much of anything right now, other than maybe a concept.

Episode 7: John Carter of Tatooine?

Episode 7: A New ThreatLmao.
1 person likes this

This is arguably the biggest film industry related announcement of the year.

1 person likes this

Assuming that this is really happening:1) It's not going to be Episode 7, because that would require bringing old Han, Luke, and Leia and having to honor all of the hordes of details from the Expanded Universe (Would they really just jump into having Mara Jade, the Solo children, etc in media res? It wouldn't work well cinematically. Plus at this age the villains in the EU chronology, Yuzhaan Vong and Insect Things, were shit). Unless the film says "fuck that noise, we do this our way." I'd prefer a film set thousands of years in the past or many years in the future.2) With Marvel taking post position in 2015, a 2016 release would be better since Star Wars films always get released in late May.3) KOTOR TV Series on ABC. This. Must. Happen.

Edited by 4815162342
1 person likes this

This is pretty insane. Who's directing?

Chris Nolan :P
1 person likes this

And Avatar, hopefully...
1 person likes this

Unless it's animated there's no way it'll be out by 2015. But imagine if it was. Avengers and Star Wars in the same year by the same studio.

Yeah that's a tight schedule but maybe they already had a script or story in mind before they decided to purchase Lucasfilm. Its also possible that they are thinking of a holiday release instead of a summer release.
1 person likes this

Assuming that this is really happening:1) It's not going to be Episode 7, because that would require bringing old Han, Luke, and Leia and having to honor all of the hordes of details from the Expanded Universe. Unless the film says "fuck that noise, we do this our way." I'd prefer a film set thousands of years in the past or many years in the future.

Episode 7 doesn't have to be about those three. It just refers to a movie that takes place after JEDI.