Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chewy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Dec. 18, 2015 | #1 Movie of all time!!! (DOM)

52,863 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

If SW misses 600m, there's gonna be some huge meltdowns.

 

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, treeroy said:

Yeah, I have quite a few friends who are going to see it opening weekend despite having no interest in the film whatsoever and not seen the previous movies. They're just going because it's an event.

 

 

It seems I grew up in a very SW heavy family and circles. No one I know has not seen a SW films, even my Indian parents are familiar with them as I watched them  at home so many times. 

 

The first place I came across people people who really not into SW or seen any SW films was my bank workplace. The most hyped movie at the workplace was wait for it.... MINIONS lol 

 

 

Personally to me SW is one of the franchises or fanbases that has a lot of 'dormant fans' or casual fans. 

 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I was getting my haircut earlier and I asked Amy(who cuts my hair) if her and her husband were looking forward to this and she said she'd wait to see what the reviews said, that the Prequels really turned them off and she's cautious of this, even if the old cast is in it which she said they'd be too old... Jesus, I shouldn't have tipped her over that... :P I wonder how many other people feel this way, that their hesitant about this New Trilogy thanks to the Prequels???

 

 

I think you are so full of shit that your eyes are dark brown.  I haven't heard anyone say anything remotely close to this.  I think you're basically trolling now.  

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, baumer said:

 

 

I think you are so full of shit that your eyes are dark brown.  I haven't heard anyone say anything remotely close to this.  I think you're basically trolling now.  

 

Gee?? A tad harsh isn't it??? And YES, She did say this and YES, I was shocked when she said it, but in the end, I don't care if you believe me or not.. What's your beef Baumer?? I run over your dog or what?? You know?? Contrary to what you want to believe Baumer, there are people who didn't like the Prequels and as shocking as it is, they just might be sitting this out to see what the reviews are and not get suckered again like they did for EPISODE 1..

Edited by BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

 

Gee?? A tad harsh isn't it??? And YES, She did say this and YES, I was shocked when she said it, but in the end, I don't care if you believe me or not.. What's your beef Baumer?? I run over your dog or what??

 

I think you secretly want this movie to tank.  You say you are so excited about it and you say you can't wait to see it but every other post of yours about SW, you talk shit about it.  You have to throw little things like this out from time to time.  I don't buy it for a second that someone actually said that to you.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

forgot to post my ROTS thoughts this weekend due to the excitement of mockingjay!

 

let’s see.. finally the drama and tragedy foreshadowed in episode i. the problems from episode ii carried over but overall it delivered everything needed in its clunky way. anakin’s turn was kind of too fast imo but that comes from a lack of a convincing love story between him and padme. but when he did turn it kicked into the gear it’s been begging for from the beginning and everything worked well in general. omg and i forgot to mention the whole space battle opening was really good. overal prequel thoughts… i thought it started strong with TPM being good foreshadowing and setup, and ended strong with ROTS being good payoff. it just didn’t tell a strong story FROM start to end, it told a decent story AT start and end. overall good stuff, really excited for the TFA tie-ins

 

Spoiler

i really hope that theory is true and snoke is darth plagueis omg. it would be so perfect with the full-circle / rise, fall, and rise again theme i'm sensing. PT era is the fall of the jedi and magic. ST era is the rise of the jedi and magic once more, the villain likewise being very ancient and magical and rising again from the PT era, and a perfect way to up the ante and have a bigger threat, the master of the previous big bad... i hope they change his species though lol, i wouldn't be surprised if that's why they deleted the EU.

 

so… onto some weird b-movie made 40 years ago

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An old article from the SF Chronicle about the great Coronet theater and what it was like when Star Wars opened there (in 70mm 6-track Dolby Stereo! That's the equivalent of watching it in IMAX back then).

http://www.sfchronicle.com/movies/article/Star-Wars-and-S-F-s-Coronet-in-1977-An-6657553.php?t=fea725d6d5f294ee0d&cmpid=twitter-premium

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, baumer said:

 

I think you secretly want this movie to tank.  You say you are so excited about it and you say you can't wait to see it but every other post of yours about SW, you talk shit about it.  You have to throw little things like this out from time to time.  I don't buy it for a second that someone actually said that to you.

 

Well Baumer, I'm sorry for you and YES, I have been onboard for this and been pretty enthusiastic for the most part, but like it or not, you live in this bubble where you think that not 1 person would pass on this New movie in favor of waiting to see what the reviews are makes you out to be a simpleton.. Quite frankly, if it weren't for the old cast, I probably would be in the same boat that she is in waiting for the reviews.. Admit it: Some people don't like the Prequels Baumer. You did, a lot of folks didn't.. Why is this so hard for you to accept??? Why???

 

Oh and I secretly want the movie to tank which is why I have a 230M OW Club.. Good logic there Baumer.. :rolleyes:

Edited by BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Oh and I secretly want the movie to tank which is why I have a 230M OW Club.. Good logic there Baumer.. :rolleyes:

 

230m OW would be tanking :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could take the OW record so easily, it'd be comical, but I don't think it will for the fact that people will have an opportunity to see this for a few weeks while they sit at home. People are gonna want something to see Xmas and after once they get bored with presents.

 

Honestly I could see a good bit of people going "Lets go see Star Wars the 18th or 19th", "why don't we just wait till Christmas eve? Uncle Lou and Aunt Karen will be in town", "Uncle Lou? He'll be too drunk to function. Whatever that's fine with me."

 

At this point I wannaaaa say itll take the record, but the 220M+ talk I don't know cuz.

Edited by jandrew
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the 17th to come!!!!!! I hope I can see this a second/third time when I am back home for 10 days.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jandrew said:

This could take the OW record so easily, it'd be comical, but I don't think it will for the fact that people will have an opportunity to see this for a few weeks while they sit at home. People are gonna want something to see Xmas and after once they get bored with presents.

 

Honestly I could see a good bit of people going "Lets go see Star Wars the 18th or 19th", "why don't we just wait till Christmas eve? Uncle Lou and Aunt Karen will be in town", "Uncle Lou? He'll be too drunk to function. Whatever that's fine with me."

 

At this point I wannaaaa say itll take the record, but the 220M+ talk I don't know cuz.

 

um those people need to sirius black uncle lou and aunt karen from that family immediately and see star wars on OW. slacking won't get this to 259m OW

 

ines62.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is breaking the opening record. People still underestimating for silly reasons I see?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I was getting my haircut earlier and I asked Amy(who cuts my hair) if her and her husband were looking forward to this and she said she'd wait to see what the reviews said, that the Prequels really turned them off and she's cautious of this, even if the old cast is in it which she said they'd be too old... Jesus, I shouldn't have tipped her over that... :P I wonder how many other people feel this way, that their hesitant about this New Trilogy thanks to the Prequels???

The girl who cuts my hair likes to lean her boobs against me.  Heh heh heh boobs

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

If SW misses 500m, there's gonna be some huge meltdowns.

 

You re late to the party, the suicide watch starts when Force Awakens fails to reach the awesomeness & box office (dom & ww) of Rexy, Blue & Bryce Dallas Chastain running the open Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

 

You re late to the party, the suicide watch starts when Force Awakens fails to reach the awesomeness & box office (dom & ww) of Rexy, Blue & Bryce Dallas Chastain running the open Park.

 

Okay maybe it disappoints critically or it disappoints financially but not both.

 

This will either be another ESB or it will beat Avatar.

 

Either way history is being made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DAR said:

The girl who cuts my hair likes to lean her boobs against me.  Heh heh heh boobs

 

Yeah, Amy likes to lean her large boobs in as well.. She also mentioned that she's not big on movies with an overabundance of CGI which is what the Prequels were.. I told her that in 2015, this is pretty much the only way to go and that Practical FX are a thing of the Past.. I was pretty much stunned that she wasn't onboard for this and she could tell and so much, she changed the topic quick..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

 

Okay maybe it disappoints critically or it disappoints financially but not both.

 

This will either be another ESB or it will beat Avatar.

 

Either way history is being made.

I'm ok with it not being another ESB or SW.  Those are high bars to attain.

Edited by DAR
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect a different sensibility and wonder than ESB but with same impact.

 

Hopefully Star Wars will grow up with us the way we always dreamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Chatting

    There are no users currently in the chat room