Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chewy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Dec. 18, 2015 | #1 Movie of all time!!! (DOM)

52,863 posts in this topic

!!Disney's gonna buy up the world at this rate. As much as I'd love to see more live action SW movies, I don't know how another trilogy set after 6 would work. I don't think Ford wants to do any more SW movies. Fisher's had so much plastic surgery she looks more like an action figure than an actual person. Seriously, i have no interest in watching her attempt to play leia again. Also, the story would have no actual direct connection to the previous saga. It was about Anakin and his children. His becoming a Jedi, turning to the dark side and being redeemed at the hands of his kids. I think it would be better if they just did something else within the universe. Of coarse, that all depends on if this is true or not.

1 person likes this

Of coarse, that all depends on if this is true or not.

It's a press release. It's definitely true that they're at the very least deeply considering it.

Star Wars 7 many decades later, all the charaters we know died.New base, new universe, new weapons, new bad guy.

1 person likes this

James Cameron should cancel the Avatar sequels and lobby Disney to direct this.

2 people like this

Episode 7 doesn't have to be about those three. It just refers to a movie that takes place after JEDI.

The Episodes revolve around the Skywalker family. Having an Episode 7 with none of the trio in it would be disingenuous. It'd be simpler to say "same universe but we're not revolving around the PT/OT characters so no "Episode"

I'd kinda rather they didn't go with some hot A-lister mega-director, actually. But there's so little that's known about the project at this point.... it could be great or it could be really mediocre.

I don;t understand how they can make an Episode 7 now that the actors are all old. They would have to make an entire new cast of characters

I think Disney now controls most of the merchandise bought by people around the world between Pixar merchandise (Cars is estimated to have sold $10 Billion in merchandise), existing Disney properties, Marvel and now Star Wars.

Lol I don't know about that. The prequels hurt the brand a lot.

FALSE, The Prequel have brought in a whole new generation. Ask anyone 15 and under if they hate the prequels, kids and teens loved the prequels. The Clone Wars is one of the biggest animated series on TV for kids. They know more about Anniken than Luke. It's my Generation 70's and 80's babies that hate the Prequels. 90's babies grew up on the Prequels. This movie is going to smash Avengers and Avatar in my opinion. 2015 could be the biggest box office year in history. I hope Steven can direct it. Edited by filmscholar
1 person likes this

That would be perfectHe can take it almost anywhere he wants
1 person likes this

The Episodes revolve around the Skywalker family. Having an Episode 7 with none of the trio in it would be disingenuous. It'd be simpler to say "same universe but we're not revolving around the PT/OT characters so no "Episode"

It could easily involve Skywalker characters. Just make 'em Luke or Leia's kids or grand-kids or something.

Because lord knows we need more people abandoning original ideas to do someone else's work

Avatar is more profitable than SW, he's not crazy ^^

It could easily involve Skywalker characters. Just make 'em Luke or Leia's kids or grand-kids or something.

It's tricky to do that with all the Expanded Universe information out there. We have lots of information and details going to about 45 years after ROTJ, and then there's a dead period of about 90 years with no books/comics/et taking place until the the Legacy comic series begins.

I don;t understand how they can make an Episode 7 now that the actors are all old. They would have to make an entire new cast of characters

The only returning character should be Mark Hamil. He can be an Obi-won Jedi Master figure to a new generation. Have him die in the 1st one and set up the new characters for the next 2. Damn, Disney is going to be like the Biggest movie studio in the next 20 years with this move and the Marvel move.

What's the timeframe? Is Lucas directing? Do they have a script?

It took six years to develop and make the prequels before Phantom Menace came out. They have a LOT they need to do in a short amount of time.

I'm not really inclined to see a Star Wars 7 being made, if it's a follow-up to Return of the Jedi. I would want to see something that takes place many years before or after the saga ;)

1 person likes this