Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chewy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Dec. 18, 2015 | #1 Movie of all time!!! (DOM)

52,863 posts in this topic

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to recast the OT trio if they can't bring them back. I doubt they'll be the main focus anyway.

Assuming that this is really happening:1) It's not going to be Episode 7, because that would require bringing old Han, Luke, and Leia

I don't see a problem with that if they set it a few decades after the events of ROTJ.

No Cameron. No Nolan. No Fincher. No Whedon. No Scott. No Spielberg.Get someone young and fresh.

2 people like this

Avatar is more profitable than SW, he's not crazy ^^

Yeah, but Star Wars is better in every way and James Cameron's craft would be absolutely fucking perfect for this. Reboot and save Star Wars James Cameron! DO IT!!! Edited by Shpongle

Surprise it took so long considering how great of a relationship they have with Lucas. Still this made my day.

1 person likes this

Yeah, but Star Wars is better in every way and James Cameron's craft would be absolutely fucking perfect for this.

Avatar >>>>>>> Star Wars prequelsAnd honestly I really don't think Cameron is right for this. Star Wars has kind of an old-timey serial tone to it whereas Cameron's work is almost aggressively modern. Edited by tribefan695

Lucas looks just as puzzled as everyone else.

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
3 people like this

My dream choice is J.J. Abrams since everything he has done from Alias onward has been influenced heavily by Star Wars. That said, Star Trek is his thing now so I doubt he'll get involved.

5 people like this

The Star Wars universe has more potential than Avatar's. But agreed, Avatar's a decent movie, the prequels range from bad to worse.

Man, fuck Star Wars. What I really want to know is - is Disney going to finally give me that Willow sequel?

3 people like this

Imagine if Michael Bay will directs

Michael Bay? OK but he can't bring Shia LabeOuf with him, please don't do this Mr Bay!!! -_-

Avatar is more profitable than SW, he's not crazy ^^

Not in terms of merchandisingHoly fucking shit Disney. I mean holy fucking shit Disney. This has to be dream. How did the hell did Disney manager this,

No Cameron. No Nolan. No Fincher. No Whedon. No Scott. No Spielberg.Get someone young and fresh.

Oh, it would be cool if they got someone like a Neil Blomkamp or a Duncan Jones.
2 people like this

Avatar >>>>>>> Star Wars prequelsAnd honestly I really don't think Cameron is right for this. Star Wars has kind of an old-timey serial tone to it whereas Cameron's work is almost aggressively modern.

I don't question at all that Avatar > SW prequels. But James Cameron rebooting and re-inventing Star Wars would be fucking incredible. Love + Action + Epic Wars in a galaxy far, far away. He is the perfect man for it.
1 person likes this

It's tricky to do that with all the Expanded Universe information out there. We have lots of information and details going to about 45 years after ROTJ, and then there's a dead period of about 90 years with no books/comics/et taking place until the the Legacy comic series begins.

Don't follow the Expanded Universe stuff at all. Just invent/use whatever you want.

I don't see a problem with that if they set it a few decades after the events of ROTJ.

It would require getting all three to come back and it would require either committing to an established EU storyline or Disney/Lucasfilm finally saying once and for all that everything that isn't the films/TV shows is B-canon and can be overridden whenever the films/shows want to.They could set the films a few years after ROTJ and recast the major players. If they go down that route there is only one option:The Thrawn Trilogy (with some changes here and there for cinematic purposes)