Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

#ED

Star Wars: The Last Jedi | December 15, 2017 | Teaser Trailer Out OMG (pg152)

4,160 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

By 'evade' I mean 'escape'. Which they did. :)

It's like they're the good guys or something.

Just now, RandomJC said:

It's like they're the good guys or something.

Not what we were arguing, but I guess I was asking for it on a SW thread. :lol:

Peace. x

Fuck Poe. Boring as fuck character. 

I think it's the Jar Jar is a Sith lord-rumor that is to be confirmed in the teaser. 

Maybe he will be like the Joker in TDK in TLJ: toying, playing, and cockblocking everyone in it just to create chaos in the galaxy. 

1 person likes this

The teaser is so damn close

1 person likes this

April 14. That's, what, 20 days or so?

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

April 14. That's, what, 20 days or so?

efJIDvk.gif

Posted (edited)

Iger conference:

Ben FritzVerified account @benfritzMark Hamill has a big role in episode 8 and will do "a lot of talking," says Iger

chrispalmeri‏ @chrispalmeriIger says Star Wars Episode 8 will feature Carrie Fisher throughout, but not as a hologram.

chrispalmeri @chrispalmeri  43 minutes agoDisney's Bob Iger says the company is planning a decade and a half of new Star Wars films.

Edited by Valonqar

44 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Iger conference:

Ben FritzVerified account @benfritzMark Hamill has a big role in episode 8 and will do "a lot of talking," says Iger

chrispalmeri‏ @chrispalmeriIger says Star Wars Episode 8 will feature Carrie Fisher throughout, but not as a hologram.

chrispalmeri @chrispalmeri  43 minutes agoDisney's Bob Iger says the company is planning a decade and a half of new Star Wars films.

Milk_-_olly_claxton.jpg

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Milk_-_olly_claxton.jpg

Buckle up!

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Disney's Bob Iger says the company is planning a decade and a half of new Star Wars films.

There's gotta be a Padme movie in there somewhere right.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:44 AM, RandomJC said:

By evade you mean get hit several times? I mean, they shot and disabled the gunner. The Tie's were on the ship's ass the entire time, she didn't evade anything.

Yeah wow, she escaped 3 crappy TIE fighters and did so not very efficiently. She must be some crazy good pilot lol. I have a feeling, given we've only seen one movie, that there is more to Rey's story than we know so far. People could have said 40 years ago that it seems unrealistic Luke would be such a great pilot since all he's flown are craft on the surface, never in space, or whatever else. 

The line I always ask people to go back to with regard to Rey is Obi-Wan's exchange with Luke, where Luke asks of the Force, "You mean it controls your actions?" "Partially, but it also obeys your commands." While I think people believe Rogue One and TFA aren't related at all, I also think that's a naive perspective. Clearly, they're expanding upon an already-established idea of the Force -- you don't just control the Force, it controls you, and the Force has a will of its own. It acted through Chirrut, letting him escape fire just long enough to establish a communication uplink, then it was done with him. He died shortly after. It was the will of the Force. The same is true with Rey, she can harness the Force, yes, but it can also act through her. 

Dark Side users are perverting the Force for their own benefit, and they're powerful enough to bend the Force to their will, like a slave. But that doesn't mean the Force WANTS to be evil. Actually it seems quite the opposite, because "balance" is established as a situation with no Dark Side users. Clearly, balance doesn't mean 500 Jedi and 500 Sith, because the Jedi wouldn't be talking about a prophecy to bring "balance to the Force" if it weren't for the fact that balance = no Sith. Sith throw the Force out of balance. That means during Rey and Kylo's duel, the Force took a side, and I think that's pretty clear from what happens on screen. It doesn't take a lot of imagination, just references to the source material and studying the actual movies. It's all there, but the problem is 2% of people watching Star Wars are actual fans like me who take this stuff very seriously and know what they're talking about, and 98% are your regular moviegoers. They may not see all of the connections, which is fine. What isn't fine is they feel the need to argue with people who are much better informed and actually do understand what's going on. I don't argue with NFL experts because I'm a casual fan, so I trust they know better than me. If only moviegoers would share a similarly humble jumping off point, maybe there would be better discourse. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Yeah wow, she escaped 3 crappy TIE fighters and did so not very efficiently. She must be some crazy good pilot lol. I have a feeling, given we've only seen one movie, that there is more to Rey's story than we know so far. People could have said 40 years ago that it seems unrealistic Luke would be such a great pilot since all he's flown are craft on the surface, never in space, or whatever else. 

The line I always ask people to go back to with regard to Rey is Obi-Wan's exchange with Luke, where Luke asks of the Force, "You mean it controls your actions?" "Partially, but it also obeys your commands." While I think people believe Rogue One and TFA aren't related at all, I also think that's a naive perspective. Clearly, they're expanding upon an already-established idea of the Force -- you don't just control the Force, it controls you, and the Force has a will of its own. It acted through Chirrut, letting him escape fire just long enough to establish a communication uplink, then it was done with him. He died shortly after. It was the will of the Force. The same is true with Rey, she can harness the Force, yes, but it can also act through her. 

Dark Side users are perverting the Force for their own benefit, and they're powerful enough to bend the Force to their will, like a slave. But that doesn't mean the Force WANTS to be evil. Actually it seems quite the opposite, because "balance" is established as a situation with no Dark Side users. Clearly, balance doesn't mean 500 Jedi and 500 Sith, because the Jedi wouldn't be talking about a prophecy to bring "balance to the Force" if it weren't for the fact that balance = no Sith. Sith throw the Force out of balance. That means during Rey and Kylo's duel, the Force took a side, and I think that's pretty clear from what happens on screen. It doesn't take a lot of imagination, just references to the source material and studying the actual movies. It's all there, but the problem is 2% of people watching Star Wars are actual fans like me who take this stuff very seriously and know what they're talking about, and 98% are your regular moviegoers. They may not see all of the connections, which is fine. What isn't fine is they feel the need to argue with people who are much better informed and actually do understand what's going on. I don't argue with NFL experts because I'm a casual fan, so I trust they know better than me. If only moviegoers would share a similarly humble jumping off point, maybe there would be better discourse. 

Problem here is when the Jedi say this, they are arrogant as all fuck and wouldn't know Balance or the true nature of the force if it bit them in the ass. Star Wars has gone to further lengths to show that the force is a neutral entity, not one that is inherently good or evil. Both the Bendu and Maz prove this point by one being truly neutral and the other being not a Jedi.

To go further the idea of balance being about the light and dark being in harmony is explored in the Mortis Trilogy of the Clone Wars, where it pretty much says that both the light and the dark are natural to the force, and must be able to co-exist. 

Perverting the force is how the Jedi describe what the Sith, or any darkside user, does, but consider the source. Jedi, as a group, are blind and full of themselves, and would describe any opposing philosophy as perversion. 

Edited by RandomJC

17 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Milk_-_olly_claxton.jpg

:bravo:

Posted (edited)

If they are indeed going to make 10 years worth of more SW movies then they should have made this current story a 6 episode saga with each episode every 2 years and spinoff movies in between:

2015 - Episode 7

2016 - Rogue One

2017 - Episode 8

2018 - Han Solo

2019 - Episode 9

2020 - Boba Fett spinoff

2021 - Episode 10

2022 - Yoda spinoff

2023 - Episode 11

2024 - Kenobi spinoff

2025 - Episode 12

Edited by DMan7

They should take a gap year in 2020 and then do something different with it.

Like a KOTOR trilogy

3 people like this

41 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

They should take a gap year in 2020 and then do something different with it.

Hide contents

Like a KOTOR trilogy

Yep.  I love both TFA and Rogue One and I can't wait for Episode VIII and IX and the Han Solo movie should be fun just based on the cast and crew involved but after Episode IX they really are going to need to branch out some at some point or else things might get stale.

1 person likes this