Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

#ED

Star Wars: The Last Jedi | December 15, 2017 | Teaser Trailer Out OMG (pg152)

Barnack    2,214
16 minutes ago, franfar said:

I've seen the OT, Episode VII and Episode I, but that's it

That should be more than enough.

• Like 1

franfar    16,263
1 minute ago, DAR said:

So I was watching the trailer again because I look forward to things and am not a cynic.  But the voice at the end sounded like a like a mix of Luke and Kylo

Nice thumbnail.

• Like 1

RandomJC    5,374
Just now, boomboom234 said:

No sequel to a mega grosser 500 adjusted has ever surpassed its predecessor never why would this be the first

No movie in December ever opened above 100, why should TFA be the first to 247?

GiantCALBears    8,351
2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

How petty and small of you.

I hate when people do that, wishing something that other people enjoy and take happiness from to end just because they dislike it. You aren't even close to being the only one to do it in this forum, it's really shameful behavior.

Dude it's just as annoying when people like something just because they are expected to. Adds zero depth to the conversation because it's just hype/fluff imo. 

RandomJC    5,374
2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Some of you are sheep. 

:huh: Do you feel good about yourself?

franfar    16,263
Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Dude it's just as annoying when people like something just because they are expected to. Adds zero depth to the conversation because it's just hype/fluff imo. 

Your attitude is adding zero depth to the conversation.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

So you are saying that you have the ability to read people's true thoughts and you know that none of us actually like the trailer for Star Wars but we are just pretending to be cuz we liked all of the other Star Wars? Is that what you're saying?

• Like 11

Being realistic here though guys it is pretty much impossible for this movie to make more than the force awakens. That one was the true a Zeitgeist of all possible Zeitgeist. Han Solo in the trailer, a 17-year wait, and everything else about it just hit everything perfectly. There's no reason for this to come anywhere close to what the last one did. But eight hundred million would still be pretty damn awesome.

• Like 14

antovolk    6,155
9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

So, when do we expect the next trailer? Similar pattern to Rogue One?

Good question. Could be late Summer, could wait till October like TFA

boomboom234    2,234
3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

No movie in December ever opened above 100, why should TFA be the first to 247?

Because ESB which was following ANH( the biggest second biggest movie ever)  didn't. Its just never happened mega openers can happen, no movie of TFA scale had ever opened in December but this has all of film history behind it. I will bet anything it doesnt pass TFA

• Like 4

GiantCALBears    8,351
18 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

hmmm..., Well keep typing those troll comments. I hope it brings some happiness in your life.

So because I have an opinion that isn't glowing I'm the one who needs to grow up? Oh the irony... 

ChipMunky    2,409
1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

Because ESB which was following ANH( the biggest second biggest movie ever)  didn't. Its just never happened mega openers can happen, no movie of TFA scale had ever opened in December but this has all of film history behind it. I will bet anything it doesnt pass TFA

What would you be willing to bet?

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

I too would bet anything that it wont pass TFA

• Like 3

4815162342    51,264
2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

If the jedi end wouldn't that bring inbalance to the force?

@4815162342

Got a lot to catch up on, but I presume this is Luke feeling despondent over shitting the bed as a teacher. Rey's purpose presumably is in part to restore his hope.

Plus Luke's quote is based on the false idea that the Jedi way is doomed to failure, since it presupposes that the Jedi can't change and learn from mistakes.

• Like 5

GiantCALBears    8,351
13 minutes ago, franfar said:

Why are you being such an asshole? If people want to like the teaser, then let them. Jeez

Am I breaking the rules? Sorry to be a wet blanket but I'm a huge fan of the OT and after multiple viewings TFA felt like a huge rip off so whatever. I'm going to voice my feelings. 

• Like 1