A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Decent opening..... Beating TF4 and hitting 2B Yuan is still possible.... but it will need some effort; decent WOM is critical.

If it can somehow manage 300M OD then it would have a decent shot; anything less than 280M, and it is probably gone.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

5.2/10 ON Douban. 6.6 for TF4, 8.1/7.6/7.1 for TF1-3. 

Very sad.

TF4 had good legs despite the douban rating and so not sure if this will have a big impact. But I am pessimistic bcos there could be franchise fatigue in China as well this time. 

On 2017/6/21 at 4:41 PM, ymblcza said:

I can't see it decrease from the previous one even 0.01% possibility at this point.

I meant wom was very hard to crash,but there is a real chance now...how can imagine as TF4 had good reviews...

Edited by ymblcza

TF5 is motoring along nicely as expected. its at 122.65m ( up from around 95m at midnight). Its run rate is around 10m per hour at this point. Could hit 300m with a nice acceleration. 

Douban rating is actually going down as votes have increased to 3500+. its now at 5.1 !!! this could be a carnage and have a frontloaded run for sure. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fake said:

135M at 12PM..... Should be the midpoint.... FF5 was slightly over midpoint at this time.

So.... 260-280M OD.

where was FATE at noon. TF5 has already added 40m of PS since midnight. That is quite good. I am not sure how much fate added by this point. 

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

where was FATE at noon. TF5 has already added 40m of PS since midnight. That is quite good. I am not sure how much fate added by this point. 

It was at 211M. Added another 200M for the day (accrording to FRI estimates).

Currently, TF5 running at 75% hourly pace of FF5.... but the latter was a April release. In the evenings shows.... the ratio should be 65%.

So, taking 70% as avg... TF5 should add another 140M after 12PM.... i.e. 135+140 = 275M.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Awesome logic. Agree with you on projections. Definitely does not bode well on this making 2B yuan.

Added nearly 14M in the last hour (vs 17.5M for FF5 or 80%)..... if it can continue this pace... maybe it can push towards 280-290M, giving it a shot at 2B.... but let's see how the evening goes....

I guess 3.0 today,compared to RE6,TF5 will have slightly higher multiplier than it.F8 has too many sold-outs.

ps:Not sure if it will slow down between 2-5pm,so miscalculated to 3.05 before.

Edited by ymblcza

Even if it miraculously manges to flat from TF4, it is a miss. More and more people are hating on this franchise.

The story actually makes sense, more or less, in the logic of Transformers world, a step up from the prvious one. What went wrong is the movie simply cannot excite the audiences, lacking exciting moments and climaxes. there was barely any transforming scene. too many humans, not enough of OP and Megatron. Music went nowhere.

• Like 2