CJohn

Hotel Transylvania 2 (September 25, 2015)

I reckon Mumbai Musical will be moved back to 2016 and BOO moved to mid to late October, HT getting a sequel is not surprising although what'll be about I don't know. Sony seems to expanding their animated slate with the next three Septembers with Cloudy 2, Popeye and HT2 plus The Smurfs 2 and 3 in Summer 2013 and 2015, wonder if we'll see another SPA film whether it be a hybrid or an Aardman film in 2014,

• Like 1

HT was hilarious and had a perfect blend of Saturday morning cartoon and adult innuendos. This wasnt trying to be a Pixar-esque film, it embraced what it was, and thats why its great. And since Genndy Tartakovsky and the cast is coming back, Im actually looking forward to this. Watching Genndy's Dexters Lab right now, matter of fact. He is an ace with animation humor.

• Like 8

Mel Brooks as Vlad

635525292880453733-XXX-HOTEL-TRANSYLVANI

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/11/25/mel-brooks-hotel-transylvania-2-movie-sneak-peek/19193423/

A family get-together in the follow-up feature brings Vlad to town — along with some secrets and drama — to visit the estranged son he hasn't seen in years. He turns everybody's life upside down, from Drac, Mavis and Jonathan to hotel regulars such as Frank (Kevin James), Wayne Werewolf (Steve Buscemi) and Murray the Mummy (Keegan-Michael Key).

Jonathan found Drac intimidating in the original movie, but he's really weirded out by Vlad. "He actually lives in a cave — he is about as old school as it gets," says producer Michelle Murdocca. "So when he comes and sees that Dracula is running a hotel, he's like, 'What is going on here?' "

Vlad can be mean and tough, Brooks acknowledges. "He doesn't treat Dracula with a lot of respect and they're often at odds. It makes for some wonderful comedy."

It was Brooks and Sandler's mutual admiration society that brought the iconic funnyman into the franchise. Sandler personally called Brooks up to offer him the role. "And I said, 'Adam, are you sitting down?' " Brooks says. " 'It's a little shocking — I am your father.' "

• Like 1