Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cochofles

Wonder Woman | June 2, 2017 | New Trailer in updated first post

6,672 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It was only cut because of time. The theatrical cut was still his vision.

Still his vision was garbage with a few redeeming qualities.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

In your opinion.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Wonder Woman was the highlight of Batman v Superman???

Hence why we're here! 

Edited by Krissykins
9 people like this

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Well, that's a matter of opinion. It's my favorite movie of all time, watching BVS for the first time was an experience that changed my life and I will never forget.

March 23, 2016 was the best day of my life.

2 people like this

Just now, Napoleon said:

Well, that's a matter of opinion. It's my favorite movie of all time, watching BVS for the first time was an experience that changed my life and I will never forget.

All time? 

Wow.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the film alot. But all time?

Thats the first time I've ever seen that from someone. Cool the experience touched you that way.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

In your opinion.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Wonder Woman was the highlight of Batman v Superman???

Hence why we're here! 

3rd best highlight. I still proclaim that Superman and the various scores from Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL are the highlights for me.

Edited by UNDERDOG
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

It was only cut because of time. The theatrical cut was still his vision.

It is easy to imagine a studio liking a 3 hours movie but still demanding a 2h30 cut to the director (could even been a maximum set in is contract in advance).

That said I do not remember any indication that WB liked it they had a late embargo, massive modification on the cut, why say they loved it ? (is this a reference on some rumors exec screening reaction ?)

The move from the 30th to the 1st is probably because of Transformers and Despicable Me 3

1 minute ago, BeastByTheBay said:

The move from the 30th to the 1st is probably because of Transformers and Despicable Me 3

The most likely answer is the simplest one. Thanks to the month of Ramzan between the last week of May and the first of July, most Hollywood movies avoid releasing in the middle east, a June 1st release would give WW the opportunity of basically being the only big Hollywood movie in the middle east at the time before all the Hollywood movies start releasing one after the other from the 1st of July onwards.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, UNDERDOG said:

3rd best highlight. I still proclaim that Superman and the various scores from Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL are the highlights for me.

I liked WW a lot, and thought she was the best character in that movie (yes, almost entirely because of the visuals. Her dialogue and non-costumed bits were meh, but DAMN was she good in action), but I'd agree that her score was even better.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

I liked WW a lot, and thought she was the best character in that movie (yes, almost entirely because of the visuals. Her dialogue and non-costumed bits were meh, but DAMN was she good in action), but I'd agree that her score was even better.

I liked her score, but I think its a tad overrated. 

I think the best score is either "Beautiful Lie" or "This is my world".

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it at least.

I did too. I rank it as my second favourite comic book movie. And I've seen almost all of them.

14 hours ago, Krissykins said:

In your opinion.

Hence why we're here! 

I dont think any character was considered a highlight in that film.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

I dont think any character was considered a highlight in that film.

Wonder Woman was definitely considered something. And I'm pretty sure it's spelt H-I-G-H-L-I-G-H-T.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this makes me sad in a number of ways.  

14 people like this

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Me too.

The scene in the first 5 minutes where that man and the entire Wayne Industry staff were stood in the middle of that skyscraper watching the apocalypse in full through from out the window as if they were waiting for permission to leave the goddamn building, was a scene that was so full of stupidity it caused me to have an outer body experience. Like... how is this in this movie? 1000s of people needed to have seen this movie before it premiered and nobody said "oi mate, this shit is ridiculous. It can't be in this movie"? I had never seen anything like it. Such a glaring, in your face moment of brilliant stupidity on film. 

Edited by AJG
13 people like this

I like BvS but it certainly wasn't life changing for me.  But movies affect people differently if it changed Napelon's life then great.  No need to knock the guy for it

9 people like this

17 hours ago, UNDERDOG said:

I still proclaim that Superman and the various scores from Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL are the highlights for me.

I would agree with the first time watching it....the extended edition not so much. It nearly gave me a headache.

18 hours ago, Krissykins said:

In your opinion.

Nope! She had no business being in it at all. Gadot may or may not prove her worth in the role, but the moment when the movie ground to a halt as she sat down to watch sneak previews of the other heroes was an absolute nadir.

That said, I do wish the best for WW, if only because the 'DCU is shit at everything' narrative is getting really boring now.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

I would agree with the first time watching it....the extended edition not so much. It nearly gave me a headache.

The score? Hm, it almost gave me a headache the second time I saw it in theaters. But, I was very comfortable listening to it at home.