Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

You mean why does a vocal minority dislike it?

What he said. ;)And why? TDKR was a HUGE movie(with a lot of pretentious fans...not everyone, just a lot), how could those few who hated it not voice their opinions(or scream it from the rooftops)? Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

Here's a little secret. Not every movie is universally liked or universally hated. So while they're maybe some people who didn't like TDKR, there are also some people who liked Batman and Robin. I have no idea who these people are, but they're out there.

• Like 3

nobody hated TDKR.

This is about as true as "Everybody liked TDK". There are always those who hate films for whatever reason. Some people hated TDK for the sole reason they don't like superheroes. And I'm sure there are some who hated The Godfather because they don't like mob movies. Or Shawshank because they don't like prison films. Taste is subjective and cannot be assumed.
  • Like 2

Its only on internet forums like this, where geeks and fanboys were expecting something akin to the Second Coming of Christ after The Dark Knight, that people label The Dark Knight Rises a terrible movie. All of my normal friends liked it. Some more than The Dark Knight, some less.

You know what we should do? We should take a worldwide tally of every person who bought a ticket for this film, and get a detailed list of reasons from each of them to find how why they did (or didn't) enjoy this film. We can tabulate the results, find those who didn't, and beat them to death for daring to dislike this movie. I mean how dare they?

• Like 2

TDKR was noticable less liked even amoung the general public.

I think it was the plot twists people did not like.

Bullshit. It made 448m, two thirds of that after opening weekend. Not everybody loved it but it's one of the biggest films of all time... some people clearly liked it. Edited by Gopher