Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

My best guess is that people did not connect to this movie as well because....Seeing how Batman came to be - Interesting.Seeing Batman in his prime battling the Joker - InterestingSeeing a broken down Bruce Wayne dealing with his absolute need to be Batman - Not so InterestingPersonally I thought it added another dimension to the batman saga but i can see how people who just want to see Batman kick ass and take names would be disappointed.

Edited by Phil in the Skyfall

Avengers 2 will destroy TDK. On that mere fact alone ensures Avengers trilogy to be the highest CB movie trilogy ever. Cause Avengers has already nuked Batman Begins. It's simple math.

Oh.

I do so because this thread is absurd and comes off as Nolan fans being in complete denial that they have to further discuss why their movie just wasn't as received well like it's predecessor and it's pretty cut and dry why it wasn't, but I just find it amazing that Shawn will close and archive 1 thread over the issue only to leave this one open that will end up deteriorating the same way and no conclusion will be drawn from it other than Nolan fans just can't come to terms with their movie being crapped on....

Movie was crapped on by about the same people that crapped on Avengers. You're seriously delusional. Just because you have had it in for this movie you think everyone does lol. so far EVERY website i have been on, TDKR has topped Avengers in the polls. But clearly you are just going to turn around and say that they were all nolan fans/sites. Which basically says that majority of movie lovers on the internet are Nolan fans...i wonder why? Get a grip dude and just enjoy the time that Avengers has the records for. I agree TDK had its time to shine (and its still shining). Now its Avengers time. Simple. If aVengers 2 breaks its own records, well great. Im gonna be there opening night anyway regardless. If another movie does it, well...tough shit. Records are there to be broken.

I do so because this thread is absurd and comes off as Nolan fans being in complete denial that they have to further discuss why their movie just wasn't as received well like it's predecessor and it's pretty cut and dry why it wasn't, but I just find it amazing that Shawn will close and archive 1 thread over the issue only to leave this one open that will end up deteriorating the same way and no conclusion will be drawn from it other than Nolan fans just can't come to terms with their movie being crapped on....

Seriously, in what universe do you inhabit where you think TDKR was crapped on?

It has an 87% critics approval at Rotten Tomatoes

It has a 92% audience approval at Rotten Tomatoes

It has a 78% metacritic approal rating

It has an 8.5 user score at metacritic

It has an 8.7 score at imdb

It recieved an A CinemaScore

It was in the top 10 of AFI 2012 movies

It is the 7th highest grossing movie of All Time Domestically

It is the 7th highest grossing movie of All Time Internationally

Seriously man, you have smoked waaaaaaaaay too much pot if you think TDKR is being 'crapped' on by the vast majority of people. Throw out the bong and please join us back in reality and stop derailing threads so Shawn has to archive them!

• Like 6

Mate, you have to realise that words actually mean things, and the word 'delusional' means, "maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with the facts, usually as a result of mental illness"I posted a list of facts that anyone can checkup for themselves. You are the delusional one who, even when confronted about the facts of its success, feels that the movie is being 'crapped on' by the general public.And how dare we have a thread in the Batman Forum about TDKR. We are such bad people!

• Like 1

Yeah, from Nolan fans with more than 1 account and username.. No way were they gonna have another movie beat TDKR in a Poll and it's like this at every site including RT and KJ.. Theyvoted more than once...

If that was even true do you think marvel fans are above it? Grow up mate, seriously. You tried to say it when it topped the polls on one of the other threads on this forum and it was shot down by the mods who said it wasn't true. I think there's an abundance of nolan and TDKR fans on the net anyway. They wouldn't need multiple accounts. General audience loves what Nolan has been putting out and he is now a household name. Deal with it
  • Like 1

Yeah, from Nolan fans with more than 1 account and username.. No way were they gonna have another movie beat TDKR in a Poll and it's like this at every site including RT and KJ.. Theyvoted more than once...

Oh stop it...You couldn't get more Avengers-fanboyish than that shit. Nolan fanboys aren't gonna take the time to create more accounts and vote twice! What a terrible comeback!

Nolan fanboys aren't gonna take the time to create more accounts and vote twice! What a terrible comeback!

But they took the time to send death threats to people that didn't agree with them about TDKR even though they had not seen the movie themselves yet. How could one be more pathetic and desperate than that...BKB despite trying so hard couldn't even reach that level of delusion. Edited by dashrendar44

But they took the time to send death threats to people that didn't agree with them about TDKR even though they had not seen the movie themselves yet. How could one be more pathetic and desperate than that...BKB despite trying so hard couldn't even reach that level of delusion.

I have seen death threats toward critics almost all the time on RT, TDKR was not the first and it wont be the last.

TDKR was less liked...

It did not reach a 3X multiplier off a ope depressed weekend

There's a difference between less liked and disliked. Was it less liked than Avengers among the general audience? Yes. Was it less liked than TDK? More than likely. But a movie grossing 1 billion dollars is NOT disliked!