Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

All these so called critics putting this movie on their best of 2012 list was more in grading Nolan's filmography than the actual movie itself.. He's had more hits than misses and the 1 miss wasn't enough for the critics to trash it.. Criticsw gave the movie a free pass cause of his Filmography..

I doubt that professional critics do this.

All these so called critics putting this movie on their best of 2012 list was more in grading Nolan's filmography than the actual movie itself.. He's had more hits than misses and the 1 miss wasn't enough for the critics to trash it.. Criticsw gave the movie a free pass cause of his Filmography..

Nope. But whatever makes you sleep better,fanboy. ;)

On a related note...

Mark Millar Comments On THE WOLVERINE; Names TDKR Among His 'Best Of 2012'

Millar names The Grey as his favorite movie of 2012, but his 2nd and third picks were Chronicle and The Dark Knight Rises respectively. He offers high praise for Josh Trank's found-footage "superhero" flick, calling the final fight scene his "favourite conflict in a superhero movie ever". Here is what he has to say about Christopher Nolan's Batman swansong (Batsong?) in full..

"Third would have to be Dark Knight Rises. Controversial, I know, but I think this might be my favourite of all the Batman movies. It has it's problems, especially Nolan's reluctance to make Batman himself especially interesting, and the pay off with Bane SO anticlimactic after such a brilliant build up. But it's got so many good moments and was so incredibly ambitious that I think it clobbers Avengers in terms of pure cinema. Avengers was a very fun popcorn movie with a lot of good jokes, but in terms of actual scale and depth I think Dark Knight rises to the top for Summer 2012 for me."

http://www.comicbook...s/news/?a=71529

B)

Edited by Darkest Knight

On a related note...

Mark Millar Comments On THE WOLVERINE; Names TDKR Among His 'Best Of 2012'

Millar names The Grey as his favorite movie of 2012, but his 2nd and third picks were Chronicle and The Dark Knight Rises respectively. He offers high praise for Josh Trank's found-footage "superhero" flick, calling the final fight scene his "favourite conflict in a superhero movie ever". Here is what he has to say about Christopher Nolan's Batman swansong (Batsong?) in full..

http://www.comicbook...s/news/?a=71529

B)

Oops. Mark Millar is the next victim on BKB's hit list. How dare he like TDKR more than TA. WB must be paying him a ton of money for saying that.

Oops. Mark Millar is the next victim on BKB's hit list. How dare he like TDKR more than TA. WB must be paying him a ton of money for saying that.

So true. Oh, and remind me to not post in any thread about MCU movies (even though I'm a fan of most of them!). My first day here and I'm already a ''bat-troll'' according to some posters. LOL.

Yeah, people with double accounts no less.. I find it rather fascinating that the moment someone is banned from this site, automatically you get the newbie who joins immediately afterwards with the option to vote again cause there a new account.. It's true.. In the end, when we've had Polls involving the 2 movies, I find that TA will be ahead for about 1 day or less, a Nolan fan banned with a brand new fucking account will come in to vote yet AGAIN to put the Poll over in favor of TDKR cause afterall, we can't possibly have another movie in a Poll beat out TDKR now can we??? This site is becoming rather predictable in the sense...

I also find it odd that none of the other topics in this forum are visited except this thread here and the last time one of the other threads was visited and responded to was Dec 12th.. This proves to me that Nolan fans just can't let this subject go.. Not now.. Not ever.. This really was a big deal that another movie came and beat this one singlehandedly and the fans just can't come to terms with it without constantly beating this thread in the ground over it..

Hey mate i only visit this thread when you reply. You know i enjoy your posts Think alot of people visit these threads for you aswell. Take it as a compliment :)
  • Like 1

Yeah, people with double accounts no less.. I find it rather fascinating that the moment someone is banned from this site, automatically you get the newbie who joins immediately afterwards with the option to vote again cause there a new account.. It's true.. In the end, when we've had Polls involving the 2 movies, I find that TA will be ahead for about 1 day or less, a Nolan fan banned with a brand new fucking account will come in to vote yet AGAIN to put the Poll over in favor of TDKR cause afterall, we can't possibly have another movie in a Poll beat out TDKR now can we??? This site is becoming rather predictable in the sense...

I'm sorry, I don't seem to remember a Nolan fan getting banned recently. Can you help me recall who this was?
  • Like 4

• Founder / Operator

I may be in the minority, but honestly, every time I see TDKR I become more convinced that its my favorite Batman film. I only saw it half as many times as I saw TDK in theaters, but Rises just has something incredibly fulfilling about it that elevates it for me. I dig Zimmer's score more, too. I'll even dare say that the prologue has a slight edge over TDK's (which I'll maintain is still brilliant).That said, I can understand why general audiences might not have loved it quite as much. Rises is a Bruce Wayne story, not necessarily a Batman story.

• Like 2

I may be in the minority, but honestly, every time I see TDKR I become more convinced that its my favorite Batman film. I only saw it half as many times as I saw TDK in theaters, but Rises just has something incredibly fulfilling about it that elevates it for me. I dig Zimmer's score more, too. I'll even dare say that the prologue has a slight edge over TDK's (which I'll maintain is still brilliant).That said, I can understand why general audiences might not have loved it quite as much. Rises is a Bruce Wayne story, not necessarily a Batman story.

Yeah, when you think about it, it had to be a Bruce Wayne story or it wouldn't have felt like he had finally moved on from Batman.I understand why TDKR has a "clean and tidy" ending. I would have just liked something a bit more...well, Nolan. TDK gives me all that I need from a movie...and a story, which is why it's my favorite film ever. But, I never expected TDKR to be as good as TDK, I just expected it to be on par with Batman Begins, and unfortunately, I feel it fell slightly short of that mark. The ending was better, it just didn't grab me like BB did. It also felt a bit less like it was in the same universe as BB/TDK. Again, these are fractional gripes. It's still in my top ten superhero films over great films like Iron Man and X-Men 1.
  • Like 1

Why is Avengers even mentioned in this thread??? Like seriously, if that movie did not come out in 2012 does that make TDKR suddenly a better movie or what?Internet polls can of course be manipulated. I'm sure there are many Marvel fans who vote 10 for movies like The Avengers just because its Marvel. Just as I'm sure there are Nolan fans who voted 10 for TDKR just because its Nolan. Imdb and the fan ratings at sites like rotten-tomatoes are not a scientific poll, however when combined with how well this movie did with the critics, it paints a picture of a movie that was very well received by and large, although one that was not as well received as is predecessor.Anyone who thinks this movie was not well received by and large is either a marvel fanboy who is letting their feelings get in the way, or someone who has been jaded by all the Nolan hype and wants to prove how anti-establishment they are by bagging out the film.The film is well received, and no-one has ever shown one scrap of valid evidence that it has been anything but well received.

Yes Well Done WASP. You have shown these forums that you are soooo incredibly delusional to believe that 87% of critics are so unprofessional that they give Nolan a free pass on anything he makes.Lol.You really need to find a new hobby there, bro. Because when it comes to justifying your own opinions on an internet movie forum, you simply fail on all levels.

• Like 2

Nolan received a free pass on this cause of his impecable filmography

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guys, it's a Christmas miracle!

BKB. Praised. Nolan.

I repeat.

BKB. Praised. The. Shit. Out. Of. Nolan's. Filmography. For God Sake!

Let's get together along and sing in the name of Ron Burgundy!

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 7

My problem with TDKR...Its like Nolan had the idea "I must make this a grand epic"He gets a good storyline..."Okay hmm not sure if people will like it as much as TDK, so I will add in pointless extra plots to mindF*(k the audience like Inception" Frankly if he made the film a bit clear and not overly complex and such, it would be much better...The over complex plot to destroy Gotham and the twist in the end just make me not like the film anywhere near TDK...I am not a hater, and I think its a legit critic of the film...Nolan just made the film way to much... Also it was far more depressing and dark compared to TDK as well imo...

• Like 1

Exactly how I feel about this movie.Anyway, It's too funny how some of the marvelites feel threatened about this movie. LOL!