Wormow

The Hobbit Terribly Boring?

I read all the Lord Of The Rings book and I loved them, all my friends loved the movies. In eighth grade, well, four months ago to be exact, "The Hobbit" was chosen as our class read. We made it to page 50 before our teacher decided to give us a new book as the book was so boring that no one bothered to pay attention. If this book can bore my entire class filled with 13 year olds, how the hell do all you people put up with it!?

• Like 1

I read all the Lord Of The Rings book and I loved them, all my friends loved the movies. In eighth grade, well, four months ago to be exact, "The Hobbit" was chosen as our class read. We made it to page 50 before our teacher decided to give us a new book as the book was so boring that no one bothered to pay attention. If this book can bore my entire class filled with 13 year olds, how the hell do all you people put up with it!?

We have attention spans, unlike your spoiled 8th grade class.

<strong class='bbc'>Automatic generated message</strong><br />This topic has been closed by a moderator.<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Reason:</strong> Discuss in Grade the movie forum<br /><br />If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.<br /><br />Kind regards,<br />BOXOFFICE Forums Staff

Thanks mateI'm surprised you could read LOTR but not the Hobbit. Both books are challenging to read but I would had thought The Hobbit was much easier and 'less boring' then LOTR. Both books though were obviously written in a different era that makes it harder for younger kids to get into them today when compared to something like Potter.

• Community Manager

The Hobbit is a much more engaging and exciting book than Lord of the Rings. This isn't stating that the Lord of the Rings isn't a masterpiece but I've always found the Hobbit to be much stronger.

The Hobbit is an easy read even if you're a kid. As an adult, I can knock through it in a couple of days without really trying. I suppose if you completely and totally hate fantasy it might be a bit tougher, but really, the language is simple, uncomplicated, and conversational, the story straightforward, and the book isn't tremendously long.

But the movie is pretty bad. If you first read the book and watch the movie, then you'll get so angry with PJ. But If you watch the movie before having any idea about the book, then you'll think its a masterpiece, but again when you read the book, you'll realize AUJ was just a waste of money. In IMDb this movie is 8.1/10. Even Ben-hur is 8.1/10 there. The reason is, the majority of GA haven't read The Hobbit. Pity, but its good for PJ. Almost every major thing in the book has been drastically changed. For an example 'Azog' is just a quick flashback incident in the book. But in the movie it is totally non-existent plot. 'Azog' is a real character in the movie. Its hilarious adapting from PJ. Not only that, there are many such things. Fianlly I gave 4/10 for this.