Water Bottle

2013-2014 Pilot Watch

• Community Manager

What's a pilot you ask? It's the first episode produced in almost every TV show that is ordered by the network. The network looks at the pilot and decides to either make that episode into a series or whether to pass it, for whatever reason. Sometimes the pilot outright stunk or maybe it was too expensive or maybe the network didn't have the nuts to go through with it. The following are the pilots being ordered for POTENTIAL series for the 2012-2013 series. Not all of these pilots will get picked up, and some of the new series that air in that season may skip the traditional pilot season.

ABC Drama

ABC Comedy

CBS Drama

CBS Comedy

CW Drama

CW Comedy-Maybe

FOX Drama

FOX Comedy

NBC Drama

NBC Comedy

Edited by Water Bottle Santa

• Community Manager

ABC
Comedy

Name: Bad Management

Creator: Sharon Horgan (co-creator of Pulling and Dead Boss and creator of Angelo's) and Holly Walsh (co-creator of Dead Boss)

Other:

Director: Ben Taylor (director for Spy and Cuckoo)

Producers:

Sharon Horgan

Holly Walsh

Aaron Kaplan (producer of Terra Nova, GCB, and The Inbeetweeners)

Cast:

Sharon Horgan (Pulling, Dead Boss, Angelo's, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Free Agents, The Pilot Show, Broken News, Annually Retentive, Big Babies)...Eve

David Spade (Saturday Night Live, Just Shoot Me!, 8 Simple Rules, Rules of Engagement, Joe Dirt)...Tobias Jr.

Alan Thicke (Growing Pains, It's Our Stuff, Time for a Living, JPOD, How I Met Your Mother)...Tobias Sr.

Rachael Harris (Fat Actress, Notes from the Underbelly, Diary of a Wimpy Kid film series, The Hangover)...Linda

Greta Lee (Girls, Hello I Must be Going)...Mel

E.J. Bonilla (Emmy Nominee, Guiding Light)...Ramon

Bradley Dodds (Vampires Suck)...Ben

Rob Huebel (Human Giant, Childrens Hospital, Despicable Me, The Descendants, I Love You, Man, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World)...Chris

About: A self-centered female boss (Sharon Horgan) at a high luxury goods department store finds herself at odds when her own boss' (Alan Thicke) son (David Spade) comes and changes the focus of the company to youth and sex.

Does it Fit the Network: It doesn't really seem to fit anywhere.

Will it Be Good: I don't have a problem with most of the cast but I'm worried that annoying David Spade is in it, especially since he doesn't really strike me as fitting the youth-aspect of the role well. It might be good-it depends if Sharon Horgan can write comedy for Americans and not just the British.

Will it Be a Hit: Sharon Horgan might have a following in the UK but she's practically an unknown in the United States. David Spade and Rob Huebel will help in marketing the show but Bad Management might struggle to launch.

Name: Crazy Gene

Creator: Andrea Abbate (writer for the Tony Danza Show, Rude Awakening, and Accidentally on Purpose)

Other:

Director: Gail Manusco (Emmy Nominee, director for Roseanne, Friends, Dharma & Greg, Two Guys and a Girl, Rules of Engagement, 30 Rock, Scrubs, Modern Family)

Producers:

Andrea Abbate

Shawn Levy (producer of The Famous Jett Jacksons, Pepper Dennis, Last Man Standing)

Becky Clements (producer of Last Man Standing)

Marty Adelstein (producer of Tru Calling, Point Pleasant, Prison Break, Teen Wolf, and Last Man Standing)

Cast:

Kelly Preston (For Love and Honor, Fat Actress, Mischief, Secret Admirer, SpaceCamp, Twins, Jerry Maguire, Holy Man, Battlefield Earth, Sky High, Medium, The Tenth Circle)...Karey

Ashley Williams (Margin Call, Something Borrowed, Montana Sky, How I Met Your Mother, Wedding Band, Warehouse 13, Saving Grace, Novel Adventures, Slice Order of Life, Huff, E-Ring, Good Morning, Miami, As the World Turns)...Penny

Jane Seymour (Emmy Winner, Golden Globe Winner,, Live and Let Die, Somewhere in Time, East of Eden, Onassis: The Richest Man in the World, War and Remembrance, La Revolution Francaise, Wedding Crashers, The Woman He Loved, Captains and the Kings, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman)...Dotty

Steve Talley (American Pie film series, I Just Want My Pants Back, Pretty Little Liars)...Jeff

Haley Lu Richardson...Destiny

Ella Anderson (Touchback, The Giant Mechanical Man, Last Man Standing)...Sam

Isaac White...Arkel

Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords, How to be a Gentleman)...Paul

About: A woman (Kelly Preston) decides to raise her brother's kids (Haley Lu Richardson) after he goes to jail along with her own adopted African American son (Isaac White).

Does it Fit the Network: This “modern family” comedy easily fits in the Wednesday night comedy block.

Will it Be Good: It could be funny as it has a good adult cast and good behind-the-scenes talent. At the very least, it has promise.

Will it Be a Hit: This is the kind of show that could easily survive on the Wednesday night comedy block until it hits syndication.

Name: Divorce: A Love Story

Creator: Daniel Lappin (creator of Life Isn't Everything) and Mike Sikowitz (writer for Friends, The Wild Thornberrys, Grounded for Life, The Class, Rules of Engagement)

Based on the Israeli Television Series “Life Isn't Everything” Created By: Daniel Lappin

Other:

Director: Pam Fryman (Emmy-nominee director for How I Met Your Mother and Friend Me)

Producers:

Daniel Lappin

Mike Sikowitz

Noa Tishby (producer of In Treatment)

Cast:

Andrea Anders (Joey, The Class, Better Off Ted, Mr. Sunshine)...Robin

Jason Jones (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Pitch Perfect)...Kenny

Adam Goldberg (Saving Private Ryan, Head Cases, The Hebrew Hammer,, The Prophecy, Friends, The Unusuals, NYC 22)...Ike

Regina King (227, Jerry Maquire, The Boondocks, Southland)...Cassandra

...Irma

About: Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders) just got divorced but discover that being apart is worse than being married and the two can't help but to stay in each other's life.

Does it Fit the Network: It's a multi-camera comedy project so it could fit with Last Man Standing or Malibu Country.

Will it Be Good: The original series doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, the cast is acceptable, and the behind-the-scenes talent all lead to what seems to be an average comedy.

Will it Be a Hit: It will probably do a little less than Malibu Country but it's possible that the premise might gather some controversy which will temporarily boost it's starting ratings.

Name: How the F**K am I Normal

Green light to Series
Note: Originally written for FOX last pilot cycle
Creator: Adam F. Goldberg (co-creator of Breaking In, writer for Still Standing, writer of Fanboys and Aliens in the Attic)
Other:
Director: Seth Gordon (co-creator of Breaking In, director of Four Christmases, Identity Thief, and Horrible Bosses, director for Breaking In)
Producers:
Doug Robinson (producer for Rules of Engagement)
Seth Gordon
Adam F. Goldberg

Cast:
Wendi McLendon-Covey (Reno 911!, Rules of Engagement, Bridesmaids)...Beverly Gold

Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm)...Murray

Darien Provost (The Day the Earth Stood Still, Tooth Fairy, I Love You, Beth Cooper, Aliens in America, Sanctuary)..Adam

Troy Gentile (Good Luck Charlie, Drillbit Taylor, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, Nacho Libre)...Barry

Hayley Orrantia (Cooper and the Castle Hills Gang)...Erica

George Segal (Take Five, Murphy's Law, High Tide, The Larry Sanders Show, The Naked Truth, Tracey Takes On..., Just Shoot Me!, Entourage, Retired at 35, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Cable Guy, Look Who's Talking)...Pops

about: An auto-biographical and dysfunctional Wonder Years set in the 80s.

Does it Fit the Network: This is a family comedy which could easily fit in the Wednesday comedy block.
Will it Be Good: The cast is actually pretty good (George Segal is a good legend to have) and the premise behind it is strong. I'm not convinced that it's actually good because of the creator but it has promise.
Will it Be a Hit: If this is put in the Wednesday comedy block then I could see this doing pretty well for years.

Name: Middle Age Rage

Creator: Cheryl Holliday (writer for Herman's Head, Empty Nest, Camp Wilder, Martin, The Faculty, King of the Hill, Costello, Norm, Still Standing, Malibu Country)

Other:

Director: TBA

Producers:

Cheryl Holliday

Darryl Frank (producer of Taken, Into the West, Dog Bites Man, On the Lot, Carpoolers, Las Vegas, The Contender, Wedding Day, The Borgias, United States of Tara, Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero, Terra Nova, The River, Smash, Falling Skies, The Americans)

Justin Falvey (producer of Into the West, Dog Bites Man, On the Lot, Carpoolers, Las Vegas, The Contender, Wedding Day, United States of Tara, Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero, Terra Nova, the River, Smash, The Borgias, Falling Skies, The Americans)

Stacy Traub (producer of What I Like About You, Kitchen Confidential, Notes from the Underbelly, Glee)

Cast:

Annie Mumolo (Oscar Nominee for Writing, Bridesmaids, This is 40)...Carol

Will Sasso (MADtv, The Three Stooges, Less than Perfect, $#*! My Dad Says)...Leonard

Melanie Leishman (Darcy's Wild Life, Todd and the Book of Evil)...Cass

Wyatt Olef (Suburgatory, Animal Practice)...TBD

Kellee Stewart (My Boys, Hot Tub Time Machine)...Bethy Ann Cooper

Skyler Gisondo (The Bill Engvall Show, Halloween, Air Buddies franchise)...Hunt Bobeck

About: Middle-aged wife and mother (Annie Mumolo) begins to speak up to get the respect she feels she's earned.

Does it Fit the Network: This could pair very well with the Middle or fit anywhere in the Wednesday night comedy block.

Will it Be Good: An industry veteran, a solid cast, and a good premise probably leads to a pretty good comedy pilot.

Will it Be a Hit: It should be able to easily hit syndication assuming it's not terrible.

Name: Mixology

Green light to Series

Creator: Jon Lucas and Scott Moore (writers of The Hangover and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past)
Other:
Director: Larry Charles (director of Borat, Religulous, Bruno, The Dictator and director for Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Producers:
Jon Lucas
Scott Moore

Cast:
Andrew Santino (Crafty, Henry Poole is Here, The Office)...Bruce

Craig Frank (Craig and the Werewolf, The Crew, Compulsions, A Good Knight's Quest, Video Game Reunion, The Lizzie Bennett Diaries, Elevator, 8.13)...Cal

Sarah Bolger (The Tudors, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Once Upon a Time)...Janey

Alexis Carra (Incredible Girl, Convincing Clooney, Chicks Dig Gay Guys, Across the Universe)...Jessica

Vanessa Lengies (American Dreams, HawthoRne, Glee, MyMusic)...Kacey

Kate Simses (The Naked Brothers Band, Important Things with Demetri Martin, Rescue Me, Cupid, Law & Order: SVU, One Life to Live, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Wedding Band)...Liv

Ginger Gonzaga (The Morning After, In Gayle We Trust, Legit, Family Guy, Wendell and Vinnie, Ted, Splitting Hairs)...Maya

Adam Campbell (Date Movie, Epic Movie, Harper's Island)…Ron

Blake Lee (Parks and Recreation, The Pig People, Friends with Benefits)...Tom

about: Singles search love over the course of one night at a sexy Manhattan bar.

Does it Fit the Network: This could be paired with Happy Endings which would relegate it to cult status.
Will it Be Good: From the creators of the Hangover comes a cast of largely unknowns. This could be a comedy gem or it could be another Ghosts of Girlfriends Past-it's one to keep an eye out for.
Will it Be a Hit: High-concept comedies are a tough sell and this doesn't have any real big-name actors to sell itself. The “friends” comedies on ABC have all been cult hits that have trouble surviving. I see no reason why Mixology would break the trend.

Name: Pulling
Creator: Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg (writers for The Office and wrote Year One)
Based on the British Series Pulling By: Shannon Horgan and Dennis Kelly
Other:
Director: Jason Moore (director of Pitch Perfect, director for Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Everwood, Brothers & Sisters)
Producers:
Gene Stupnitsky
Lee Eisenberg
Shannon Horgan (co-creator of Pulling)
Dennis Kelly (co-creator of Pulling)

Cast:
Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords, Bob's Burgers, 30 Rock, The Daily Show, Gravity Falls)...Louise

June Diane Raphael (NTSF:SD:SUV, Year One, Going the Distance, Animal Practice, New Girl, Players)...Donna

Jenny Slate (Marcell the Shell with Shoes On, Saturday Night Live, Bored to Death)...Karen

Matt Oberg (Onion SportsDome, The Onion News Network, Ugly Americans)...Karl

about: Three single thirty-something year olds (Kristen Schaal/June Diane Raphael/Jenny Slate) who move in together when one breaks off her engagement a day before the wedding.

Does it Fit the Network: It doesn’t fit the Wednesday comedy block but it can pair well with Happy Endings.
Will it Be Good: When the producers decided to replace Mandy Moore with a lesser-known actress, it's a sign that they wanted to make sure the show worked. On the other hand, this does suggest rewrites away from what has made Pulling a classic British hit. Overall...I'm skeptical but willing to give this a shot.
Will it Be a Hit: The network has failed to properly launch a “friends” comedy and I don't think enough Americans know about Pulling to really help break the trend. If the project still had Mandy Moore it would have a chance but without her I doubt Pulling will last long.

Name: Safe at Home

Green light to Series

Creator: Mark and Robb Cullen (Emmy Nominees, co-creators of Hitz, Lucky, Gary the Rat, Heist, writers of Cop Out)
Other:
Director: John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (co-directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love and I Love You Phillip Morris)
Producers:
Aaron Kaplan (producer of Terra Nova, GCB, and The Inbeetweeners)
Mark Cullen
Rob Cullen

Cast:
Maggie Lawson (Psych, Inside Schwartz, It's All Relative, Crumbs, Nancy Drew)...Terry Cannon

James Caan (The Godfather, Thief, Misery, a Bridge Too Far, Brian's Song, Rollerball, Kiss Me Good Bye, Elf, El Dorado, Las Vegas)...The Cannon

Griffin Gluck (Sideways, The Office, Just Go With It, United States of Tara, Private Practice)...Danny Gannon

Ben Koldyke (Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, Work It)...Dick Slingbaugh

Kennedy Waite…Vanessa

Cooper Roth….David Slingbaugh

Lenora Crichlow (Being Human, Sugar Rush)...Gigi Fernandez-Lovette

J.J. Totah (Jessie)...Michael Lovette

about: A strong-willed, divorced, single-mother (Maggie Lawson) who has to move back with her salty, former career-minor-league-baseball-playing widowed father (James Caan) and raise her son (Griffin Gluck) while coaching the son's little league team.

Does it Fit the Network: It's basically a family comedy that will fit in the Wednesday night comedy block.
Will it Be Good: The Cullen Brothers can create a good comedy and the cast of Safe at Home seems to suggest this will be one of them. That it managed to draw Maggie Lawson despite her commitment to Pysch is pretty impressive.
Will it Be a Hit: The Cullen Brothers have yet to have a hit-but it helps that Maggie Lawson and James Caan are in this pilot. If it's on Wednesday night, Safe at Home might very well be their first show to hit syndication.

Name: See You Next Tuesday

Note: Special ten-minute presentation instead of full pilot

Creator: Wendy and Lizzie Molyneux (writers for Bob's Burgers)

Other:

Producers:

Wendy Molyneux

Lizzie Molyneux

Sean Perrone (producer of Knowing, Made of Honor, You, Me, Dupree)

Aaron Kaplan (producer of Knowing, Made of Honor, You, Me, Dupree)

Cast:

TBD

About: A group of people who work together and bond as they work for the world's worst boss.

Does it Fit the Network: Not really but yeah.

Will it Be Good: Too soon to tell.

Will it Be a Hit: Too soon to tell.

Name: Spy

Creator: Simeon Goulden (creator of Spy)

Based on the British Comedy “Spy” Created By: Simeon Goulden

Other:

Director: Alex Hardcastle (director for The Keith Barret Show, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, Parks and Recreation, Running Wilde, The Office, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Outsourced, Man Up, The Middle, Breaking In, Suburgatory)

Producers:

Simeon Goulden

Jimmy Mulville (producer of Nixon's the One, Great Night Out, Outnumbered, Spy, Episodes)

Cast:

Rob Corddy (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Hot Tub Time Machine, Childrens Hospital)...Tim Elliot

Mason Cook (Spy Kids: All the Time in the World, Mockingbird Lane)...Marcus Elliot

Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds, Dan Vs, The Trouble with Normal, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Huff)...Erica

Ken Jeong (The Hangover films, Community)...Examiner

Moshe Kasher (Traffic Light, Whitney, Shameless)...Chris

Camille Guaty (Gotta Kick It Up!, Raising Dad, Prison Break, The Nine, Las Vegas, Cupid, The Chicago Code)...Caitlin Banks

Moshe Kasher (Traffic Light, Whitney, Shameless)...Chris

Rose Abdoo (Gilmore Girls, That's So Raven)...Paula

Nat Faxon (Ben and Kate, Orange County, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, Bad Teacher, Beerfest)...Alan (Recurring Role)

About: A hapless single father (Rob Corddy) with a highly precocious nine-year old son (Mason Cook) who quits his job and accidentally joins the Secret Service.

Does it Fit the Network: It might fit in the Wednesday Comedy Block due to the family part of the show.

Will it Be Good: I'm not sure-Rob Corddy doesn't strike me as the actor you would cast as Tim Elliot and it seems like the network needed to many changes for American audiences that it might lose what made the British comedy work so well. I might be wrong but I'm sadly doubtful this will be good...sad since I've been rooting for this one.

Will it Be a Hit: The original does well on Hulu but will that translate to broadcast television success? That's not so easy...but maybe it will be paired with the Neighbors.

Name: Super Fun Night

Green-lit to Series

Note: Was developed for CBS last pilot cycle as a multi-camera comedy (now being developed as single-camera)
Creator: Rebel Wilson (writer for the Wedge and Bogan Pride)
Other:
Director: John Riggi (director and producer for 30 Rock, producer of The Larry Sanders Show, The Bernie Mac Show, The Comeback, Will & Grace)
Producers:
Rebel Wilson
John Riggi [Tapped as Showrunner if picked up to series]
Jeff Ross (producer of the Kids in the Hall, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, Conan, Eagelheart, and Andy Barker, PI)
David Kissinger (producer of Outlaw and Andy Barker, PI)
Conan O'Brien (producer of the Simpsons, Andy Barker, PI, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Conan, Eagleheart)

Cast:
Rebel Wilson (Pizza, The Wedge, Bogan Pride, Bargain, Bridesmaids, A Few Best Men, What to Expect when You're Expecting, Struck by Lightning, Bachelorette, Pitch Perfect)...Kimmie
Liza Lapira (21, NCIS, Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23)...Helen-Alice
Lauren Ash (Scare Tactics, Camille, Lars and the Real Girl)...Marika
Kevin Bishop (The Kevin Bishop Show, Mupper Treasure Island)...Richard
Kelen Coleman (The Newsroom, The Office, Cassadaga, Fired Up)...Felicity

about: The quest of friends to have super fun every Friday night.

Does it Fit the Network: It would pair well with Happy Endings and Apartment 23.
Will it Be Good: This is the second time the pilot has been made and now it's for a different network and a different format. It might work as the cast is pretty good and I'm slowly becoming a fan of Rebel Wilson...so we'll see.
Will it Be a Hit: Apartment 23 is out, Happy Endings looks like it might move to USA....Super Fun Night might be funny but it might not find an audience on this network.

Name: Trophy Wife

Green light to Series

Note: Originally written for last season
Creator: Emily Halpern (writer for Private Practice and the Unit) and Sarah Haskins (writer for InfoMania)
Other:
Director: Jason Moore (director of Pitch Perfect, director for Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Everwood, Brothers & Sisters)
Producers:
Emily Halpern
Sarah Haskins
Gene Stupnitsky (producer of the Office)
Lee Eisenberg (producer of the Office)

Cast:
Bradley Whitford (The West Wing, Studio 60 on Sunset Strip, The Good Guys, The Mentalist, Billy Madison)...Brad
Malin Akerman (The Utopian Society, Harold & Kumar, The Comeback, The Heartbreak Kid, 27 Dresses, Watchmen, The Proposal, Couples Retreat, Childrens Hospital, Rock of Ages)...Kate
Marcia Gay Harden (Oscar winner, Emmy nominee, Miller's Crossing, The First Wives Club, Flubber, Meet Joe Black, Pollock, Space Cowboys, Into the Wild, The Mist, The Hoax, The Dead Girl)...Diane
Michaela Watkins (Saturday Night Live, The New Adventures of Old Christine)...Jackie
Natalie Morales (The Middleman, White Collar, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, Going the Distance)...Meg
Ryan Lee (Super 8)...Nelson

Gianna LePera (Law & Order: SVU, Play House, Vamperifica)...Hillary

Albert Tsai...Bert

about: A reformed party girl (Malin Akerman) who falls in love with a man (Bradley Whitford) who has three manipulative kids (Ryan Lee/Gianna LePera/Albert Tsai) and two judgmental ex-wives (Marcia Gay Harden/Michaela Watkins).

Does it Fit the Network: It's a family comedy that can fit the Wednesday comedy block.
Will it Be Good: The cast is pretty good (Bradley Whitford! Malin Ackerman! Marcia Gay Harden!) so I'm hopeful-the behind-the-scenes talent could use more experience but there's a chance something is here.
Will it Be a Hit: It can definably do well on Wednesday night.

Name: Untitled John Leguizamo Project

Creator: John Leguizamo (creator of House of Buggin') and Jeff Astrof (writer for Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man, Friends, It's Like, You Know..., In-Laws, Grounded for Life, The New Adventures of Old Christine, $#8! My Dad Says, How to be a Gentleman, and Partners) with Chris Sheridan (Emmy Nominee, co-showrunner for Family Guy and writer for Titus)

Other:

Director: Ted Wass (director for Rules of Engagement, Sullivan & Son, 2 Broke Girls, Spin City)

Producers:

John Leguizamo

Jeff Astrof

David Hoberman (producer of Monk, the Kill Point, Detroit 187, The Fighter, The Proposal, The Negotiator)

Jeff Golenberg (producer of Powder Blue, Sexaholic: A Sex Story, Sol Goode, Katt Williams: American Hustle)

Sam Maydew (producer of SLC Punk!, Daydream Nation, The Education of Charlie Banks, Video Game High School)

Todd Lieberman (producer of the Kill Point, Detroit 187, The Fighter, the Proposal, The Muppets, and Surrogates)

Maria Crenna

Cast:

John Leguizamo (Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Winner, ER, Ice Age films, Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet, Kill Point, the Brothers Garcia, House of Buggin', Miami Vice, Freak)...John

Andrea Savage (Step Brothers, Dog Bites Man, Funny or Die Presents, Sweet Valley High)...Juicy

Luke Ganalon (Bless Me, Ultima)...Toby

Troy Garity (Golden Globe Nominee, Soldier's Girl, Barbershop films, Steal This Movie, Sunshine, Lake City)...Crash

Elizabeth Pena (I Married Dora, Shannon's Deal)...Olga

Ariela Barer (Stellina Blue, New Girl)...TBA

About: Comedy based on Leguizamo's professional, personal, and family life.

Does it Fit the Network: It's a multi-camera comedy with a big star so I'm guessing this goes with Malibu Country and/or Last Man Standing.

Will it Be Good: The cast and behind-the-scenes talent imply that might happen so I'm cautiously hopeful.

Will it Be a Hit: John Leguizamo will probably be enough to attract eyeballs-but can he keep them there?

Edited by Water Bottle

• Community Manager

FOX
Comedy

Name: Dads

Green-lit to Series (Expanded to 13 episodes)

Note: Straight to Series order (Six Episode rder)
Creator: Alec Sulkin (writer for Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, co-writer of Ted) & Wellesley Wild (writer for Family Guy, The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn, co-writer of Ted)
Other:
Producers:
Alec Sulkin
Wellesley Wild
Seth MacFarlane (creator of Family Guy and Seth Macfarlane’s Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy, co-creator of American Dad, The Cleveland Show, producer of Ted and The Winner)

Cast:
Giovanni Ribisi (Emmy Nominee, The Other Sister, Gone in 60 Seconds, Boiler Room, Saving Private Ryan, the Mod Squad, The Gift, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Lost in Translation, Public Enemies, Avatar, Ted, Gangster Squad, My Name is Earl)...Warner

Seth Green (Robot Chicken, The Italian Job, Party Monster, Can't Hardly Wait, Without a Paddle, Austin Powers films, Family Guy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Greg the Bunny, Titan Maximum)...Eli

Peter Riegert (Animal House, Oscar, The Mask, The Sopranos)...David

Martin Mull (Marty Hartman, Marty Hartman, Roseanne, Two and a Half Men, Domestic Life)...Crawford

Brenda Song (Fudge, 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd, The Ultimate Christmas Present, Santa with Muscles, Like Mike, Get a Clue, Stuck in the Suburbs, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, The Suite Life on Deck, Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, Special Delivary, College Road Trip, The Social Network, New Girl, Scandal)...Veronica

Tonita Castro (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, Funny People, Something New, Bad Ass, Go On, Little Britain, Kroll Show)...Edna

Vanessa Lachey (Entertainment Tonight, Wipeout, Nick & Vanessa's Dream Wedding)...Camilla

about: Two successful men (Tommy Dewey/Seth Green) in their thirties have their lives turned upside down when their dads (Martin Mull/Peter Riegert) move in with them. Hilarity ensues.

Does it Fit the Network: I’m not sure if this really belongs with any show FOX currently has on the air. On the other hand, Seth Macfarlene has an animation empire on FOX and it would make sense he would try to expand into the live-action comedy.
Will it Be Good: The Good: FOX Brass loved the pilot script so much they ordered it straight to series. The Bad: Seth Macfarlane can be funny but he has very little restraint (not just in offensive jokes but in using them too much) and can be hit-or-miss a lot of times. Proof: The recent Family Guy seasons The Ugly: It might be funny in paper but it might suck in execution. Proof: The Winner
Will it Be a Hit: Seth Macfarlene might have a good record of launching animated hits…but Ted’s success aside, his last attempt at launching a live-action show was the Winner-a show justifiably canceled after three episodes.

Name: Enlisted

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Kevin Biegel (co-creator of Cougar Town)

Other:

Producers:

Kevin Biegel

Cast:

Geoff Stults (7th Heaven, October Road, Happy Town, The Finder, Ben and Kate, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell)...Sergeant Pete Waits

Parker Young (Suburgatory)...Randy Waits

Chris Lowell (Veronica Mars, Private Practice)...Derrick Waits

Keith David (Emmy Winner, Crash, There's Something about Mary, Barbershop, Men at Work, The Thing, They Live, the Riddick films, Armageddon, Platoon, Requiem for a Dream, The War, The Cape)...Sergeant Major Cody Wallace

Angelique Cabral (Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23)...Jill Perez

About: Three brothers (Geoff Stults/Parker Young/Chris Lowell) who work together in the army at a small base in Florida.

Does it Fit the Network: This could fit into the Monday night comedy block.

Will it Be Good: Too early to tell.

Will it Be a Hit: Too early to tell.

Name: Friends and Family

Green-lit to Series

Creator: David J. Rosen (creator of I Just Want My Pants Back)
Based on the British Comedy Series Gavin & Stacey By: James Corden & Ruth Jones
Other:
Director: TBD
Producers:
David J. Rosen
James Corden (c-creator of Gavin & Stacey)
Ruth Jones (co-creator of Gavin & Stacey)
Jane Tranter (producer of Linda Green, Gigi: Almost American, Torchwood, What Not to Wear, Da Vinci’s Demons, Rome, Lives on Fire)
Julie Gardner (producer of Torchwood, Doctor Who, the Sarah Jane Chronicles, Da Vinci’s Demons)
Henry Normal (producer of Hebburn, Moone Boy, Hunderby)

Cast:
Jason Ritter (Emmy Nomination, Joan of Arcadia, The Event, Gravity Falls, Parenthood)...Gavin

Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls, Post Grad, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants films, Tuck Everlasting, Sin City)...Stacey

Dustin Ybarra (We Bought a Zoo, 21 and Over)...Smithy

Kerri Kenney-Silver (The State, Reno 911!, Viva Variety, The Ellen Show)...Gwen

Kurt Fuller (Wayne's World, Ghostbusters II, No Holds Barred, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, Alias, Auto Focus, That's My Bush!, The Pursuit of Happyness, Psych, Supernatural, Better with You)...Michael

Ashlie Atkinson (Rescue Me)...Nessa

Jane Kaczmarek (Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Nominee, Malcolm in the Middle, St. Elsewhere, The Paper Chase: the Second Year, Hometown, Equal Justice, Frasier, Felicity, Cybill, Party of Five, Raising the Bar, The Middle)...Pam

about: New lovers (Jason Ritter/Alexis Bledel) who try to maintain their relationship amongst their polarizing families lives.

Does it Fit the Network: It sort-of can fit in between Raising Hope and New Girl. Actually, it could serve as a pretty good bridge between the two.
Will it Be Good: It’s hopeful that the creators of the original show are involved but it’s a bit early to tell.
Will it Be a Hit: Probably average for FOX live-action comedies.

Name: House Rules
Creator: Andrew Gurland (writer of the Last Exorcism and the Virginity Hit) and Justin Hurwitz (writer for the League, The Simpsons, and Perfect Couples)
Other:
Director: Jason Winer (Emmy Nominee, director for Modern Family, 1600 Penn, Kath & Kim, Samantha Who?, Carpoolers, New Girl, and Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 and director of Arthur)
Producers:
Andrew Gurland
Justin Hurwitz
David Dobkin (producer of Friends with Benefits)
Paul Young (producer of Do Not Disturb, Reno 911!, Players, Running Wilde, Sketchy, and Staged)
Peter Principato (producer of Do Not Disturb, Reno 911!, Players, Running Wilde, Sketchy, and Staged)

Cast:
Rob Riggle (The Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, The Hangover, The Other Guys, The Lorax, 21 Jump Street, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, Step Brothers, NTSF:SD:SUV, FOX NFL Sunday, Gary Unmarried, Chuck)...Ken

Angela Kinsey (Emmy Winner, The Office, The Office: Accountants, License to Wed)...Gail

Tim Meadows (Saturday Night Live, Glory Daze)...Tom Klabunde

River Alexander (The Way, Way Back)...Josh Gabriel

Brooke Sorenson...Anna Gabriel

Sara Sevigny (The Drunk, Fourplay)...Bonnie Klabunde

about: A strange family who hate normal in a Midwestern town where everyone knows each other and politeness rules. I imagine the town also defines normal.

Does it Fit the Network:This fits in with Raising Hope only.
Will it Be Good: Yeah, I don’t think so at this moment. Casting might change my mind.
Will it Be a Hit: It’ll do the same as Raising Hope or worse.

Name: I Suck at Girls

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Justin Halpern (co-creator of $#*! My Dad Says) and Patrick Schumacker (co-creator of $#*! My Dad Says)
Based on the Book of the Same Name By: Justin Halpern
Other:
Producers:
Justin Halpern
Patrick Schumacker
Bill Lawrence (creator of Scrubs and co-creator of Cougar Town, Clone High, and Spin City)
Jeff Ingold

Cast:
Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU, Oz, True Blood, 1st and Ten, , The Fanelli Boys, Dinosaurs, Leaving L.A., Misery Loves Company)...Jack Dunvley

Connor Buckley (The Abduction of Zach Butterfield, Deception)...Frankie Dunvley

Alex Kapp Horner (The New Adventures of Old Christine, ER, Friends, Party of Five, JAG, Seinfeld, Will & Grace, A Mother's Prayer)...Joanne Dunvley

Claudia Lee (Hart of Dixie, Zeke and Luther)...Rachel

Kevin Hernandez (Get the Gringo, the Sitter, Expecting a Miracle)...George

Tyler Foden (Air Buddies, Snow Buddies, Ben 10: Race Against Time)...Mikey

about: A coming-of-age story set before Google.

Does it Fit the Network: It could fit with Raising Hope.
Will it Be Good: Halpern's first sit-com based on one of his books was outright terrible but maybe Lawrence can guide this project to be good.
Will it Be a Hit: New Girl is the closest FOX has to having a comedy hit and it isn't doing that well. I Suck at Girls is going to have an uphill battle especially since the other “family” comedies the network has aren't fairing well.

Name: Lifestyle Lemonaid
Note: 7-10 minute presentation
Creator: Jordon Nardino (writer for Desperate Housewives, Gilmore Girls, Threat Matrix, 10 Things I Hate about You)
Based On the Blog by: Nikki Joel
Other:
Producers:
Jordon Nardino
Nikki Joel
Brandt Joel
Mark Wahlberg (producer of In Treatment, Entourage, How to Make it In America, Boardwalk Empire)
Steve Levinson (producer of Mister Glasses, Nice Brothers, In Treatment, Entourage, How to Make it In America, Gary Teaches Guitar, Boardwalk Empire)
Wayne Carmona (producer of Entourage)

Cast:
Chris Klein (American Pie, Welcome to the Captain)...Brad
Erin Richards (Breaking In, Being Human)...Jackie

about: Jackie's (Erin Richards) marriage to WME talent agent Brad (Chris Klein).

Does it Fit the Network: Not really. I'm not sure where FOX plans to put this as it doesn't seem to fit with any show.
Will it Be Good: It's not really clear. It has a veteran writer but this is the first time she's created her own project. It really depends on the jokes and the chemistry between Klein and Richards.
Will it Be a Hit: Not to be a pessimist, but this doesn't really scream like it's going to be a hit show.

Name: To My Assistant
Creator: Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer (co-creators of I Hate My Teenage Daughter)
Other:
Director: Peyton Reed (director of Bring it On, The Break-Up, Yes Man, director for Cashmere Mafia, The Goodwin Games)
Producers:
Sherry Bilsing-Graham
Ellen Kreamer
Dan Lin (producer of Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Terminator: Salvation and the Invention of Lying)
Jennifer Gwartz (producer of Veronica Mars, Big Shots, Cupid, Party Down)

Cast:
Brittany Snow (Guiding Light, American Dreams, Nip/Tuck, Harry's Law, John Tucker Must Die, Hairspray, Prom Night, The Vicious Kind, Pitch Perfect)...Jen

Catherine O'Hara (Emmy Winner, SCTV, After Hours, Beetlejuice, Home Alone, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, A Mighty Wand, For Your Consideration, Temple Grandin)...Magda

Joe Egender (One Angry Dwarf, Hunger, The Hamiltons, Lurking in Suburbia, Alcatraz)...Roy

Melissa Tang (CSI, Harry's Law, The Goodwin Games)...Claire

Stephen Root (NewsRadio, Office Space, King of the Hill, Harts of the West, Ladies Man, Tripping the Raft)...Frank

Tone Bell (Whitney, Single Ladies)...Davis

Jillian Bell (Partners, Workaholics, Preppy Hippies)...Denny

about: Assistants (Joe Egender/Melissa Tang/Brittany Snow) to overbearing bosses (Catherine O'Hara/Stephen Root) come together as a family to cope.

Does it Fit the Network: I guess it could fit with New Girl and the Mindy Project.
Will it Be Good: It might change as it gets casted, but I’m doubtful due to the creative team behind it.
Will it Be a Hit: It’ll probably do as well as Mindy Project or New Girl.

Name: Two Wrongs

Creator: Michelle Morgan (writer of Middle of Nowhere)

Other:

Producers:

Michelle Morgan

Aaron Kaplan (producer of Knowing, Made of Honor, You, Me, Dupree)

Katherine Pope (producer of Terra Nova, Breakout Kings, Ben and Kate, New Girl, Touch)

Peter Chernin (producer of Allen Gregory, Terra Nova, Breakout Kings, Ben and Kate, New Girl, Touch)

Sean Perrone (producer of Knowing, Made of Honor, You, Me, Dupree)

Cast:

Kelli Garner (Man of the House, The Aviator, Bully, Thumbsucker, Pan Am)...Jenny

Jake Hoffman (Click, Barney's Version, Luck)...Zach

Mimi Kennedy (Dharma & Greg, Homefront)...Elaine

Ezekiel Stremiz (Los Secretos de Papa, Amor en Custodia, Amas de Casas Desperadas, La Trampas de Amor, Los Caballeros las Prufieren Brutas)...Johnny

About: A couple (Kelli Garner/Jake Hoffman) whose family/friends don't think are right for each other.

Does it Fit the Network: This could fit between New Girl and Raising Hope or after New Girl.

Will it Be Good: Too soon to tell.

Will it Be a Hit: Too soon to tell.

Name: Untitled Goor & Schur Project

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Dan Goor (Emmy winner, writer for The Daily Show, Last Call with Carson Daly, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and Parks and Recreation) & Michael Schur (Emmy nominee, writer for the Office and co-creator of Parks and Recreation)
Other:
Director: Phil Lord and Chris Miller (directors for Clone High and directors of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, 21 Jump Street)
Producers:
Dan Goor
Michael Schur
David Miner (producer of The Tracy Morgan Show, Human Giant, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation)

Cast:
Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live, Hot Rod, That's My Boy, Celese and Jesse Forever)
Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris, Are We There Yet?, The Family Crews, Friday After Next, White Chicks, Idiocracy, Gamer, The Expendables)…Terry Jeffords

Andre Braugher (Emmy Winner, Glory, Men of a Certain Age, Homicide: Life on the Street, Last Resort)...Capt. Holt

Melissa Fumero (One Life to Live, Gossip Girl)...Amy

Stephanie Beatriz (The Closer, Modern Family, Southland)...Meghan

Joe Lo Truglio (The State, Reno 911!, Superbad, Paul, Role Models, Wanderlust, Sons of Tucson, Free Agents, Wreck-It Ralph)...Charles

Chelsea Peretti...Gina

about: A diverse group of cops at the edge of New York City.

Does it Fit the Network: Not at all. This barely fits with the Mindy Project as workplace comedy isn't really a FOX thing.
Will it Be Good: It has a solid team behind it but it's a bit early to tell.
Will it Be a Hit: On FOX? Currently doubtful.

Edited by Water Bottle

• Community Manager

NBC
Comedy

Name: About a Boy

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Jason Katims (Emmy-winner, creator of Relativity, Roswell and Parenthood, showrunner of Friday Night Lights, and wrote the Pallbearer)

Based on the Novel by: Nick Hornby and Based on the 2002 film
Other:
Director: Jon Favreau (Iron Man/Iron Man 2 and Revolution)
Producers:
Jason Katims
Michelle Lee

Cast:
David Walton (Cracking Up, Heist, Quaterlife, 100 Questions, Perfect Couples, Bent, New Girl)...Will

Minni Driver (Oscar Nominee, Emmy Nominee, Good Will Hunting, The Riches)...Fiona

Benjamin Stockham (Sons of Tucson, 1600 Penn)...Marcus

Anjelah N. Johnson (MADtv)...Laurie

Al Madrigal (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Gary Unmarried, Welcome to the Captain, The Late Late Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!)...Andy

Leslie Bibb (Private Parts, The Big Easy, Popular, The Skulls, See Spot Run, ER, Talladega Nights, Line of Fire, Crossing Jordan, GCB, Kings)...Dakota (Recurring)

about: A bachelor man-child (David Walton) and the young boy (Benjamin Stockham) who moves in next door with his crazy single-mom (Minnie Driver).

Does it Fit the Network: This could fit in with Up All Night except it's going to be single-camera comedy. The network might try to pair it with the New Normal or 1600 Penn if those come back.
Will it Be Good: If anybody can turn About a Boy into a consistently funny and great television comedy it's going to be Jason Katims. He's done it before with Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.
Will it Be a Hit: It might be a hit for the network-at the very least it should do well enough to get renewed.

Name: Assistance
Creator: Leslye Headland (writer for Terriers, writer of Bachelorette)
Based on the Play by: Leslye Headland
Other:
Producers:
Leslye Headland
Will Ferrell (producer of Eastbound & Down, Funny or Die Presents, Big Lake, Drunk History, Carpet Bros, and Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifanakis)
Adam McKay (producer of Eastbound & Down, Funny or Die Presents, Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifanakis, Big Lake, Drunk History, and Carpet Bros)
Jessica Elbaum (producer of Bachelorette, Casa De Mi Padre, and the Other Guys)
Owen Burke (producer of Big Lake, Funny or Die Presents, and NTSFD:SD:SUV)

Josh Bycel (producer for Veronica's Closet, It's all Relative, Andy Barker PI, American Dad, Scrubs, Happy Endings)

Jonathan Fener (producer of It's All Relative and American Dad)
Cast:
Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad, Confessions of a Shopaholic, What Happens in Vegas, 27 Dresses, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, 'Til Death, Gossip Girl, She's Out of My League, Gravity, Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23)...Nora

Peter Cambor (NCIS: Los Angeles. Notes from the Underbelly, The Wedding Band)...Jeremy

Zach Cregger (The Whitest Kids U'Know, Friends with Benefits, Guys with Kids)...Seth Campbell

Vinette Robinson (Sherlock, Waterloo Road)...Jenny

Alfred Molina (Raiders of the Lost Arc, Prick Up Your Ears, The Man Who Knew too Little, Spider-man 2, Maverick Species, Not Without My Daughter, Chocolat, Frida, Steamboy, The Hoax, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, The Da Vinci Code, The Little Traitor, An Education, The Sorverer's Apprentice, Law & Order: LA, Roger & Val Just Got In, Monday Mornings)...Daniel

about: An idealistic assistant (Krysten Ritter) and her daily efforts to deal with her colleague (Zach Cregger), her fiance (Peter Cambor), and her demanding boss (Alfred Molina).

Does it Fit the Network: This could fit the Thursday night comedy block.
Will it Be Good: A bit early to tell but this at least has some promise as the behind-the-scenes talent can at times be really funny.
Will it Be a Hit: It'll need a big star and a good timeslot but this show has a chance of being a hit.

Name: Brenda Forever

Creator: Andrew Leeds and David Lampson (wrote pilot Rex is Not Your Lawyer)

Other:

Director: David Wain (director of Role Models and Wet Hot American Summer, director for the Skate, Childrens Hospital)

Producers:

Andrew Leeds

David Lampson

Peter Tolan (Emmy winner, creator of Style & Substance, The George Wendt Show, Wednesday 9:30 (8:30 Central), co-creator of the Job and Rescue Me)

Michael Wimer (producer of Trade, 10,000 BC, and 2012)

Cast:

Ellie Kemper (The Office, Bridesmaids, 21 Jump Street)...Brenda

Mandalynn Carlson (Machine Gun Preacher, Naked Angel, Mary's Buttons)...Young Brenda

Da'Vine Joy Randolph (Mother of George)...Pearl

Daija Owens (Best Friends Forever)...Young Pearl Gardner

Stephnie Weir (MADtv)...Shelley Miller

David Krumholtz (Numb3rs, Harold & Kumar films, Serenity, The Santa Clause films, Partners)...Neil (Recurring)

Lindsay Kraft (Epic Movie, The Accidental Husband, The Babymakers, Backwas)...Jenny (Recurring)

About: It follows the journey of a woman at two different stages of her life: as a chubby but confident 13-year-old and as a quirky 31-year old

Does it Fit the Network: This high-concept drama wouldn't really fit anywhere.

Will it Be Good: It sounds like a nifty idea but there's some concern that it might be too unfocused to work.

Will it Be a Hit: It's a tough sell and might very well be a cult comedy.

Name: Gates
Creator: Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith (co-creators of Big Day and 'Til Death)
Based on the British Series of the Same Name Created By: Laurence Bowen, Andrew Collins, Richard Preddy, Dan Selton and Abigail Wilson
Other:
Director: Marc Buckland (director for Murder One, Felicity, the West Wing, Sports Night, Scrubs, The Jake Effect, Ed, My Name is Earl, Love Bites)
Producers:
Cathy Yuspa
Josh Goldsmith
Aaron Kaplan (producer of Terra Nova, , GCB, and The Inbeetweeners)
Laurence Bowen (co-creator and producer of My Life as A Popat, Suburban Shootout, Gates)
Philip Clarke (producer of Peep Show, Gates, Miranda, and QI)

Cast:
Kathleen Rose Perkins (Episodes)...Helen

Ken Marino (The State, Party Down, Childrens Hospital, Burning Love)...Mark

Diana Maria Riva (Common Law, Side Order of Life, The West Wing, The Good Guys, Rob)...Lindsay
John Grisetti (The Knights of Prosperity, Revolutionary Road, The Namesake)...Nat
Echo Kellum (Ben and Kate)...TBA
Christina Kirk (Melinda and Melinda)...Sarah

Greg Germann (Ally McBeal, Child's Play 2, Quarantine, Spectacular!, Friends with Money, and Bolt)...TBA

Stephen Guarino (The Big Gay Sketch Show, Bear City, Bear City 2: The Proposal, Happy Endings)...Brett

about: The hijinks that apparently happen when parents drop off and pick up their kids each day at school.

Does it Fit the Network: This could fit Guys with Kids except that it's a single-camera project.
Will it Be Good: Big Day and 'Til Death are some of the worst comedies from the last decade. The chance of this being good is very low but it has managed to attract a couple of good leads.
Will it Be a Hit: It will probably suffer the same fate as Animal Practice.

Name: Girlfriend in a Coma
Creator: Liz Brixus (co-creator of Nurse Jackie)
Other:
Producers:
Liz Brixus
Dick Wolf (creator of Gideon Oliver, Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Deadline, Conviction, Law & Order: UK, and Law & Order; Los Angeles and co-creator of H.E.L.P. Mann & Machine, South Beach, New York Undercover, Swift Justice, Players, Crime & Punishment, producer of Chicago Fire)
Danielle Gelber (producer of Chicago Fire)
Peter Jankowkski (producer of Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: LA, and Chicago Fire)

Cast:
...Karen McNeill

Miranda Cosgrove (School of Rock, Drake & Josh, iCarly)...Evie

Daniel Stern (C.H.U.D., Diner, City Slickers, Home Alone films, The Wonder Years)...Tom McNeil

Ann Cusack (The Jeff Foxworthy Show, Maggie)...Connie McNeil

about: A woman (Christina Ricci) wakes up from a two-decade coma to discover she has a seventeen-year old daughter (Miranda Cosgrove)-which comes as a shock since she didn’t even know she was pregnant.

Does it Fit the Network: A family comedy? Eh, not really.
Will it Be Good: Dick Wolf might be a television veteran but I think this is his first venture into comedy. If so, he couldn’t have picked a better writer as Liz Brixius created a beloved dramedy on Showtime-but can she strike gold a second time, this time having to follow broadcast decency rules?
Will it Be a Hit: The concept might be a difficult one to market but it certainly could be-but I doubt it.

Name: Holding Patterns
Creator: Justin Spitzer (Writer for Scrubs, Courting Alex, and The Office)
Other:
Producers:
Justin Spitzer
Peter Traugott (producer of Samantha Who?, Cracking Up, and Jake in Progress)
Rachel Kaplan (producer of Ringer)

Cast:
Erinn Hayes (Worst Week, The Winner, Childrens Hospital, Guys with Kids)...Leah

Kate Lang Johnson (Fired Up, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Persons Unknown)...Sabrina

Humphrey Ker (Comedy: Shuffle, I am Bob, The Wrong Door, Live at the Electric)...Griffin

Nelson Franklin (The Office, Traffic Light, New Girl)...Chad

Luka Jones (Best Friends Forever, Up All Night)...

Oscar Nunez (The Office, Halfway Home, The Proposal, The Italian Job, Without Men, Reno 911!)...Mickey

about: A group of friends that completely change after a plane crash.

Does it Fit the Network: Not really but it’s not like the network seems to care.
Will it Be Good: It’s nice to have a veteran writer working on this show but I’m waiting to see the cast.
Will it Be a Hit: Basically screams like a Friends clone with a plane crash. So, it’s possible but doubtful as Friends clones tend to suffer.

Name: Joe & Joe & Jane
Creator: Joe Port (writer for Dilbert, Son of the Beach, Just Shoot Me!) and Joe Wiseman (writer for Manhattan, AZ, Dilbert, Just Shoot Me!, Son of the Beach, Perfect Couples, and New Girl)
Other:
Director: TBD
Producers:
Joe Port
Joe Wiseman

Cast:
Will Greenberg (Cloverfield, West Bank Story, A Day without a Mexican)…Joe Waxman

Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters, 666 Park Avenue)…Joe Dougan

Sally Pressman (Army Wives)…Jane Waxman

Larry Wilmore (Emmy Winner, The Daily Show, Accidentally on Purpose, Happy Endings)…Walter
Lauren Lapkus (The Parent Project, Video Game Reunion, Are You There, Chelsea?, Orange is the New Black, Movie Boy)…Melissa Unger
Asif Ali (Up All Night, NCIS)…Matt Savage

about: A children's book author (Will Greenberg) caught between his wife (Sally Pressman) and his writing partner (Dave Annable).

Does it Fit the Network: I don't really see this fitting in anywhere.
Will it Be Good: One of the most difficult parts about pilots is trying to predict if they're any good. The behind-the-scenes talent behind this show are veterans but they've been unable to successfully launch a pilot for a couple of seasons. The cast isn't necessarily bad but only Larry Wilmore really inspires any kind of confidence in this project. At this point, I'd have to say that there's a chance but I'm doubtful.
Will it Be a Hit: This is a show that is eerily similar to a series called “Partners”-which only lasted a few episodes. That show flopped and I don't think that there's any reason to think this show won't follow suit.

Name: Then Came Elvis

Green-lit to Series

Creator: D.J. Nash (writer for Bent, Traffic Light, Accidentally on Purpose, ‘Til Death, Hank, and Out of Practice)
Other:
Producers:
D.J. Nash
Jason Bateman (producer of Mansome)
Jim Garavente

Cast:
J.K. Simmons (Law & Order, The Closer, Oz, Spider-man film series, Juno, Family Tools)...Mel

Eli Baker (Injustice, The Sarah Jane Adventures)...Henry

Parker Posey (Golden Globe Nominee, Hell on Heels: The Battle of Mary Kay, The House of Yes, Party Girl, Henry Fool, Superman Returns)...Joyce

Harold Perrineau (Lost, The Matrix films, Oz, Romeo + Juliet, The Unuusals, Sons of Anarchy, The Best Man, 28 Weeks Later, Zero Dark Thirty, The Edge)...Fred

Ava Deluca-Verley (The Way, Way Back)...Katie

about: A son (Eli Baker) idolizing his blind father (J.K. Simmons) and his mom’s (Parker Posey) newfound adolescence post-divorce. Loosely based on Nash’s life.

Does it Fit the Network: Yeah, not really.
Will it Be Good: It might be but it’s a bit early to tell. I’m not sold on the premise, either.
Will it Be a Hit: Doubtful at this stage.

Name: Undateable

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Adam Sytzkiel (co-wrote Due Date)

Based on the Book by: Anne Coyle and Ellen Rakieten

Other:

Director: Scott Ellis (director for 30 Rock, Hope & Faith, Out of Practice, Stacked, Frasier, Desperate Housewives, Weeds, Hung, The Good Wife, Modern Family)

Producers:

Adam Sytzkiel

Bill Lawrence (creator of Scrubs and co-creator of Cougar Town, Clone High, and Spin City)

Jeff Inglod

Cast:

Chris D'Elia (Glory Daze, Whitney)...Danny Beeman

Brent Morin...Justin

Rick Glassman...Burski

Ron Funches (Portlandia)...Shelly

Bianca Kajlich (Rules of Engagement, 30 Minutes or Less, Boston Legal, Dawson's Creek, Rock Me Baby, Vanished, Fastlane)...Leslie

Briga Heelan (Cougar Town, Jane By Design)...Maddie (Guest Star)

Mathew Wilkas (Gayby, The New Twenty)...Brett

About: Two very different guys (Brent Morin/Chris D'Elia) who repel women.

Does it Fit the Network: I'm not sure if this multi-camera comedy could really fit anywhere...maybe with Guys with Kids?

Will it Be Good: Bill Lawrence has a chance of ensuring this project doesn't suck but I doubt even he can salvage what sounds to be a terrible comedy.

Will it Be a Hit: This sounds like a bomb.

Name: Untitled Craig Robinson Project

Creator: Owen Ellickson (writer for the King of Queens, The Goode Family, Friends with Benefits, and the Office)

Other:

Producers:

Owen Ellickson

Craig Robinson

Greg Daniels (Emmy Winner, producer and co-creator of King of the Hill, The Office, Parks and Recreation)

Tracy Katsky (producer of Help Me Help You and Lucky Louie)
Howard Klein (producer of Carnivale, The Starter Wife, King of the Hill, the Mindy Project, The Office, and Parks and Recreation)

Mark Schulman (producer of Chelsea Lately, Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby)

Cast:

Craig Robinson (The Office, Pineapple Express, Miss March, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, Shrek Forever After, Knocked Up, Hot Tub Time Machine)...Craig

Amanda Lund (Friend Me)...Elizabeth

Larenz Tate (The Royal Family, Menace II Society, South Central, The Inkwell, Dead Presidents, Love Jones, The Postman, Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Biker Boyz, A Man Apart, Crash, Ray, Waist Deep, Rescue Me)...Kevin

Amandla Stenberg (Colombiana, The Hunger Games)...Irene

Jean Smart (Emmy Award Winner, Designing Women, 24, Samantha Who?, Hawaii Five-O, Harry's Law, Static Shock, Youth in Revolt, Garden State, Sweet Home Alabama)...Jeannette

About: A talented musician (Craig Robinson) who has to adjust to his new life of teaching middle school students.

Does it Fit the Network: This could actually fit into the NBC Thursday night comedy.

Will it Be Good: It might be as Robinson can be funny on the office but I'm not sure he's really “series lead” material.

Will it Be a Hit: Probably not but it might do just well enough to reach syndication.

Name: Untitled Jessica Simpson Project
Creator: Nick Bakay (writer for The Dennis Miller Show, In Living Color, Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, the Kind of Queens, 'Til Death and co-wrote Zookeeper and Paul Blart: Mall Cop)
Other:
Producers:
Nick Bakay
Robin Bakay (writer for Sabrina, The Teenage Witch and What's So Funny)
Jessica Simpson (producer of Jessica Simpson: The Price of Beauty)
Joe Simpson (producer of Women's Murder Club, Jessica Simpson: The Price of Beauty, and the Ashlee Simpson Show)
Ben Silverman (producer of 30 Days, House of Boateng, Kath & Kim, Ugly Betty, The Tudors, Mob Wives: Sit Down, Massholes, The Office, The Biggest Looser, and K-Town)
Jimmy Fox (producer of Mob Wives, King of the Nerd)

Cast:
Jessica Simpson (Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, The Dukes of Hazzard, Employee of the Month, Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous, Fashion Star, the Price of Beauty)

about: A comedy inspired by Jessica Simpson's life.

Does it Fit the Network: It depends on what exactly this inspiration is.
Will it Be Good: Doubtful. Jessica Simpson might be a huge star worth $100 million but the talent behind this is dubious at best.
Will it Be a Hit: Jessica Simpson has a pretty large fanbase so this show should at least initially get a lot of eyeballs.

Name: Untitled John Mulaney Project

Creator: John Mulaney (writer for Saturday Night Live, creator of I Love the 30s and The Oh, Hello Show)

Other:

Producers:

John Mulaney

Lorne Michaels (creator of Saturday Night Live, Up All Night, Portlandia, 30 Rock, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon)

Andrew Singer (producer of Sons & Daughters, Portlandia, Up All Night, 30 Rock)

Dave Beckey (producer of Mr. Rhodes, The Tracy Morgan Show, Lucky Louie, Human Giant, Everybody Hates Chris, Bored to Death, Louie)

David Miner (producer of Greetings from Tucson, the Tracy Morgan Show, Carpoolers, Human Giant, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation)

Cast:

John Mulaney (Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update, Best Week Ever)...John

Elliot Gould (Academy Award Nominee, M*A*S*H, The Long Goodbye, Friends, Ocean's Eleven films, E/R)...Alfred

Martin Short (Emmy Nominee, SCTV, Saturday Night Live, Three Amigos, Innerspace, Pure Luck, Jungle 2 Jungle, Marts Attacks!, Father of the Bride films, Damages)...Lou

Griffin Newman (Political Animals, Gravity, Big Lake, Blue Bloods, The Treatment, Beware the Gonzo, Beneath)...Seymour

Nasim Pedrad (Saturday Night Live)...Jane

Seaton Smith...Motif

About: Ensemble comedy loosely based on Mulaney's life.

Does it Fit the Network: The network keeps trying to go back to the multi-camera approach but they fail to fit into the current network brand.

Will it Be Good: To early to tell as I'm not very familiar with Mulaney.

Will it Be a Hit: It might be but I don't think Mulaney has the following to really launch a hit.

Name: Untitled Michael J. Fox Project

Green-lit to Series

Note: Ordered to series with a 22-episode commitment
Creator: Will Gluck (co-creator of Luis and the Loop) and Sam Laybourne (writer for the Loop, Arrested Development, Aliens in America, Worst Week, and Cougar Town)
Other:
Director: Will Gluck
Producers:
Will Gluck
Sam Laybourne
Richard Schwartz (producer of Eagleheart, Outlaw)

Cast:
Michael J. Fox (Emmy and Golden Globe Winner, Back to the Future trilogy, Family Ties, Spin City, Causalities of War, Stuart Little, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, The Good Wife)...Mike Burnaby

Katie Finneran (Tony winner, Noises Off, Promises, Promises, Wonderfalls, Night of the Living Dead, The Inside, Bram and Alice, Drive, I Hate My Teenage Daughter)...Leigh Burnaby
Wendell Pierce (The Wire, Treme)...Harris Green
Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad)...Annie Burnaby
Conor Romero (American Gangster, Person of Interest)...Ian Burnaby
Jack Gore (We Are what We Are)...Graham Burnaby

Ana Nogueira (The Battery's Down, Babby Daddy)...Kay

Juliette Goglia (That's So Raven, CSI, Shake It Up, Easy A)...Eve Burnaby

about: A father and husband (Michael J. Fox) dealing with life and Parkinson's disease. Inspired by the life of Michael J. Fox.

Does it Fit the Network: Not really as NBC doesn't really have family comedies.
Will it Be Good: It does worry me that it seems a bit like the Mindy Project: a show that tries to be too many things at once for it to properly work. Just like that show, it has managed to acquired a pretty good cast.
Will it Be a Hit: Fox was a major star back in the eighties and early nineties but it's to be seen if he's able to launch a series in this young decade.

Name: Untitled Robert Padnick Project
Creator: Robert Padnick (writer for the Office)
Other:
Director: Kyle Newacheck (director for Workaholics, Community, Parks and Recreation, Happy Endings)
Producers:
Robert Padnick

Bob Daily (executive producer of Desperate Housewives, Out of Practice) [Tapped as Showrunner if Picked up to Series)
Greg Daniels (Emmy Winner, producer and co-creator of King of the Hill, The Office, Parks and Recreation)
Tracy Katsky (producer of Help Me Help You and Lucky Louie)
Howard Klein (producer of Carnivale, The Starter Wife, King of the Hill, the Mindy Project, The Office, and Parks and Recreation)

Cast:
Adhir Kalyan (Fair City, Aliens in America, Rules of Engagement)...Arthur

Ellen Woglom (Californication, Outlaw, Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, Hated)...Maggie

Eric Andre (The Eric Andre Show, Level Up, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23)...Teddy

Mike Castle (The Ghosts, Pittsburgh Frank)...Hirsch

about: A group of friends in their twenties as they experience dating.

Does it Fit the Network: It might have if this was still the days when “Friends” and “Cheers” was on this network but not anymore.
Will it Be Good: A bit early to tell but it does have some strong creative juice behind it.
Will it Be a Hit: “Friends” clones like this can have a hard time succeeding as it's going to need to find a way to distinguish itself.

Name: Untitled Sean Hayes Project

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Victor Fresco (Emmy Nominee, creator of Better Off Ted and Andy Richter Controls the Universe)
Other:
Director: James Burrows (Emmy-winning director for Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Frasier, Friends, Cheers, Partners)
Producers:
Victor Fresco
Sean Hayes (producer of The Soul Man, Grimm, and Hot in Cleveland)
Todd Milliner (producer of The Soul Man, Grimm, and Hot in Cleveland)

Cast:
Sean Hayes (Emmy Winner, Golden Globe Nominee, Will & Grace, Martin and Lewis)…Sean

Samantha Isler...Ellie

Thomas Lennon (The State, Reno 911!)...Max

Lindsay Sloane (Bring It On, Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, Grosse Point, The Stones)...Liz

Linda Lavin (Golden Globe Winner, Emmy Nominee, Alice, the OC, Conrad Bloom)...Lorna

Echo Kellum (Ben and Kate)...Hunter

Vik Sahay (Radio Active, Our Hero, Roxy Hunter series, Chuck)...Howard (Recurring)

about: A man (Sean Hayes) must figure out how to parent a 14-year-old daughter (Samantha Isler) who just moved in with him and his new boss (Thomas Lennon) at work.

Does it Fit the Network: It could fit in with Up all Night actually-but it’s doubtful that show makes it. Maybe Guys with Kids?
Will it Be Good: A major problem I can already see with this pilot: it is two different shows-a family comedy and a workplace one. This makes it more difficult to predict it will be any good but I do like Victor Fresco so I’m willing to give it a shot.
Will it Be a Hit: Sean Hayes is a decent star who can probably get people to check this show out.

Name: Welcome to the Family

Green-lit to Series

Creator: Mike Sikowitz (writer for Friends, The Wild Thornberrys, Grounded for Life, The Class, Rules of Engagement)
Other:
Producers:
Mike Sikowitz

Cast:
Mike O'Malley (Emmy Nominee, Glee, Yes, Dear, The Mike O'Malley Show, Life with Roger l)...Dan Yoder

Mary McCormack (Murder One, The West Wing, In Plain Sight)...Katrina Yoder

Ella Rae Peck (Gossip Girl, Deception)...Molly Yoder

Joey Haro (Awkward, Glee)...Junior Hernandez

Aramis Knight (General Hospital, The Whole Truth, Dexter, Boston Legal)...Demetrio Hernandez

Ricardo Chavira (Desperate Housewives, The Grubbs, Six Feet Under, The Division)...Miquel Hernandez

Justina Machado (Six Feet Under, 1-800-Missing)...Lisette Hernandez

about: A white family and a latino family are bonded together by an unplanned pregnancy. Hilarity ensues because of culture differences!

Does it Fit the Network: Well, this is the network that gave us Outsourced.
Will it Be Good: Doubtful. Remember that Schneider comedy Rob?
Will it Be a Hit: Hopefully not.

Edited by Water Bottle

• Community Manager

Jerry O'Connell has been casted in Ex Men.All the pilots for each network so far has been added. Pilots will be added over the next month or so as they are added. Casting for them should also begin soon.Feel free to discuss any pilot you're excited or already hating.

• Community Manager

Cast Update:

Anna Faris has landed the lead role in Mom (CBS)

What month does this pilot season start?

Late January/Early February and it lasts basically until late April (mid-May is when you'll hear which of them made it).

Cast Update:

Anna Faris has landed the lead role in Mom (CBS)

Late January/Early February and it lasts basically until late April (mid-May is when you'll hear which of them made it).

and then when do they go on the air...or how long do they take to start????

Guess some start in the summer and then when are the other 2 seasons during the year????

PS. It used to be easy as there were 2 seasons during the year, which did about 24 original episodes and then they repeated the same 24 in the second part of the year...which was before there were so many reality shows on tv.

• Community Manager

and then when do they go on the air...or how long do they take to start????Guess some start in the summer and then when are the other 2 seasons during the year????PS. It used to be easy as there were 2 seasons during the year, which did about 24 original episodes and then they repeated the same 24 in the second part of the year...which was before there were so many reality shows on tv.

1) Fall 2012 is when the season starts. Some shows premiere in the winter/spring to replace shows that flopped.2) Very few start in the summer.3) What? Not sure if that's true in another country (the American broadcast network television system is unique in the world and it functions differently) , but the only time American television really has ever gone to repeats is the weeks around Christmas and the Summer. Edited by Water Bottle Santa

1) Fall 2012 is when the season starts. Some shows premiere in the winter/spring to replace shows that flopped.2) Very few start in the summer.3) What? Not sure if that's true in another country (the American broadcast network television system is unique in the world and it functions differently) , but the only time American television really has ever gone to repeats is the weeks around Christmas and the Summer.

Yup, that is how it used to be done. Maybe it ended in the 80s and not the 90s, but it was always big prior to that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rerun > It you want to read up on the history...it has, for example... And I was talking about the hiatus rerun.* There are two types of reruns—those that occur during a hiatus, and those that occur when a program is syndicated. Reruns can also be, as the case with more popular shows, when a show is aired outside of its timeslot (e.g. in the afternoon).* This is often done for headliner shows because the length of the year (52 weeks) is far more than the length of a pick-up (from six to 13 episodes - usually one per week) or a full season (usually from 22 to 24 episodes or weeks). Edited by Movie Man

• Community Manager

I have read up on the history. Heck, I've taken whole classes on it. The only "repeat" times that exist are Christmas weeks (mid-season break) and the Summer (breaks between seasons). This remains true today.You stated that this "Second" season (which I imagine was really the summer) ended before the 80s and 90s. Before the eighties, the average season order for a show was actually around 32 episodes.

Then they slowly started cutting back the number of episodes per season when they realized it was cheaper to show a repeat every few weeks then to make so many new episodes. I wouldn't say the US system is totally unique. It's fairly similar to here although with the seasons reversed.