Water Bottle

2013-2014 Pilot Watch

I have read up on the history. Heck, I've taken whole classes on it. The only "repeat" times that exist are Christmas weeks (mid-season break) and the Summer (breaks between seasons). This remains true today.You stated that this "Second" season (which I imagine was really the summer) ended before the 80s and 90s. Before the eighties, the average season order for a show was actually around 32 episodes.

32? What shows did that?And for example I just looked at seinfeld in the 90s, and they did 24, which I thought was the norm. And they pretty much did a season from Sept to May - as November and May were when tv advertising rates were set. But anyway, back then tv showed repeats from June to mid September. And tv never took shows off the air for 2/3 months, ad they sometimes do today. Also the reason that they don't replay the season again in the off season, is that now that time is taken by reality shows. Plus there are other ways to watch the shows, like Hulu, and it can interfere with dvd sales. Imo.

• Community Manager

32? What shows did that?

A lot of shows did. It was the norm from the fifties to the early eighties.

And for example I just looked at seinfeld in the 90s, and they did 24, which I thought was the norm.

In the nineties. Outside the time frame. Here's an example:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gilligan%27s_Island_episodes

But anyway, back then tv showed repeats from June to mid September.

And that's still how it's done.

And tv never took shows off the air for 2/3 months, ad they sometimes do today.

You just said they showed repeats from June to Mid-September. That's 2/3 months.

Also the reason that they don't replay the season again in the off season, is that now that time is taken by reality shows. Plus there are other ways to watch the shows, like Hulu, and it can interfere with dvd sales.

Some shows don't have repeats during the summer but a lot do.

FYI, June to Mid September is 3.5 monthsGillagan's Island was known for being such a cheaply made show, so I wouldn't take that as the norm.Just checked...I Dream of Jeannie - 26 mostlyDukes of Hazzard - 22 mostlyLove Boat - in the 20sThree's Company - in the 20s (late 70s-early 80s)Not going to check any more, but I bet most hour shows were in the low/mid 20s which it what I watched...and half hour shows into the 80/90s that came down to the lmid 20s range.

• Community Manager

FYI, June to Mid September is 3.5 monthsGillagan's Island was known for being such a cheaply made show, so I wouldn't take that as the norm.Just checked...I Dream of Jeannie - 26 mostlyDukes of Hazzard - 22 mostlyLove Boat - in the 20sThree's Company - in the 20s (late 70s-early 80s)Not going to check any more, but I bet most hour shows were in the low/mid 20s which it what I watched...and half hour shows into the 80/90s that came down to the lmid 20s range.

Star Trek's first season had 30 episodes by the way-some Gunsmoke seasons were up to 39 episodes. I Love Lucy averaged around 30 episodes. The Honeymooners only season was 39 episodes. So maybe my time frame is off, but there used to be way longer seasons and they have gradually decreased to the now standard 22-24.Other than that, I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to state. They still have a few months of repeats, just like they had in the past.

Star Trek's first season had 30 episodes by the way-some Gunsmoke seasons were up to 39 episodes. I Love Lucy averaged around 30 episodes. The Honeymooners only season was 39 episodes. So maybe my time frame is off, but there used to be way longer seasons and they have gradually decreased to the now standard 22-24.

yes I would think your time frame was off as in the 50s & 60s (or 50/60 Years Ago), but it started to change in the 70s/80s, when I started to remember tv.

• Community Manager

New Pilots

About a Boy (NBC: Comedy)

Bloodline (NBC: Drama)

I Am Victor (NBC: Drama)

Mixology (ABC: Comedy)

The Originals (CW: Drama)

Untitled Jim Gaffigan Project (CBS: Comedy)

Cast Updates

Wendi McLendon-Cowley has landed the female lead role in How the F**K am I Normal (ABC)

Joe & Joe & Joe has gotten the formal green-light.

• Community Manager

New Pilots:

Assistance (NBC: Comedy)

Donor Party (NBC: Comedy)

Untitled Jessica Simpson Project (NBC: Comedy)

Untitled Robert Padnick Project (NBC: Comedy)

Cast Updates:

Katie Finneran boards Untitled Michael J. Fox Project (NBC) along with Conor Romero and Jack Gore

Betsy Brandt also joins Untitled Michael J. Fox Project (NBC)

Christina Kirk boards Gates (NBC)

Toni Collette is the female lead for Hostages (CBS)

Hostages (CBS) has been given the greenlight

• Community Manager

Since I'm watching a free screening of Warm Bodies (in weather where my body is anything but warm) I didn't get a chance to update this today. Will therefore be updating tomorrow and over weekend.

• Community Manager

New PilotsDads-Picked up Straight to Series (FOX: Comedy)The Blacklist (NBC: Drama)Holding Patterns (NBC: Comedy)Girlfriend in a Coma (NBC: Comedy)Then Came Elvis (NBC: Comedy)The Sixth Gun (NBC: Drama)Untitled Rand Ravich Project (NBC: Drama)Untitled Sean Hayes Project (NBC: Comedy)Welcome to the Family (NBC: Comedy)To My Assistant (FOX: Comedy)Friends and Family (FOX: Comedy)House Rules (FOX: Comedy)The List (FOX: Drama)Sleepy Hollow (FOX: Drama)Delirium (FOX: Drama)Friends with Better Live (CBS: Comedy)Pulling (ABC: Comedy)Betrayal (ABC: Drama)Venice (ABC: Drama)The Returned (ABC: Drama)The Selection (CW: Drama)Company Town (CW: Drama)Bad Teacher (CBS: Comedy)Untitled Craig Robinson Project (NBC: Comedy)Boomerang (FOX: Drama)Untitled John Mulaney Project (NBC: Comedy)Undateable (NBC: Comedy)Spy (ABC: Comedy)Reign (CW: Drama)Oxygen (CW: Drama)The Hundred (CW: Drama)New CastsDaniel Gillies will be in The Originals (CW)Sally Pressman is the female lead Joe & Joe & Jane (NBC)Terry Crews has joined Untitled Goor & Schur Project (FOX)Ken Marino and Aasif Mandvi have joined The Gates (NBC)James Caan is in final talks to play the male lead of Safe at Home (ABC)Director UpdateUntitled Goor & Schur Project: Phil Lord and Chris MillerThe Advocates: David NutterRake (FOX) has gotten the formal green light.I Suck at Girls (FOX) has gotten the formal green light.Beverly Hills Cop (CBS) has gotten a formal green lightBackstrom (CBS) has gotten a formal green lightUntitled J.H. Wyman Project (FOX) has gotten a formal green lightThe Advocates (CBS) has gotten a formal green lightBelieve (NBC) has gotten a formal green lightSafe at Home (ABC) has gotten the formal green lightIf I missed anything, please let me know.For some reason, I wasn't able to directly copy from OpenOffice to here without losing BBCcode. So...the bolds are gone.

• Community Manager

New PilotsInfluence (ABC: Drama)Killer Woman (ABC: Drama)The Tomorrow People (CW: Drama)Blink (CW: Drama)Untitled Hatfields & McCoys Project (NBC: Drama)The Surgeon General (CBS: Drama)Middle Age Rage (ABC: Comedy)The McCarthys (CBS: Comedy)Super Clyde (CBS: Comedy)The Unauthorized Greg Garcia Project (CBS: Comedy)The Ordained (CBS: Drama)Crazy Gene (ABC: Comedy)Brenda Forever (NBC: Comedy)Bad Management (ABC: Comedy)Gothica (ABC: Drama)Big Thunder Mountain (ABC: Drama)Reckless (ABC: Drama)Murder in Manhattan (ABC: Drama)The McCarthys (CBS: Comedy)Enlisted (FOX: Comedy)Two Wrongs (FOX: Comedy)Wild Blue (FOX: Drama)Gang Related (FOX: Drama)Cast UpdatesJuliette Goglia and Ana Nogueira join the cast of Untitled Michael J. Fox Project (NBC)Rob Corddy to star in Spy (ABC)Jeff Garlin joins How the Hell Am I Normal (ABC)Gianna LaPera is now in Trophy Wife (ABC)Director UpdatesUntitled Sean Hayes Project: James BurrowsFriends with Better Lives: James BurrowsThe Unauthorized Greg Garcia Project: James BurrowsMom: Pam FrymanAbout a Boy: Jon FavreauUntitled David Shore Project (ABC) has gotten the formal green light

• Community Manager

New PilotsLucky 7 (ABC: Drama)Cast UpdatesBrenda Song joins Dads (FOX)Greg Germann and Echo Kellum replace Aasif Mandvi and Justin Chone in Gates (NBC)Rob Riggle is now the lead in House Rules (FOX)Director UpdatesOxygen: Gary FlederSixth Gun: Jeffrey ReinerHouse Rules: Jason Winer