baumer

Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Grade it  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A truly masterful film.  One of the best CBM out there and it ranks in the top 5 for me.

TDK

Avengers

Superman 2

Spider-man 2

Captain America 2

Do we see a theme here lol?

Edited by baumer
  • Like 3

one memorable scene after another, top notch acting, lots of heart, great humor, unheard depth in a superhero movie and the most important thing of all, it is extremely well paced,  a lot happens in very little time without feeling overstuffed. Also, Rosemary Harris doesn't get enough credit for this.

it's nearly flawless, definitely the best the best superhero movie not directed by Christ Nolan.

and people who say the CGi is bad or dated are nuts, I had no idea that the Otto Octavius last shot was all CGI,,  that's motherfucking impressive for a 11 year old film

Capturar.jpg

95/100

• Like 3

An incredible film. Not without its own flaws, as all movies are. Spider-Man 2 takes all the heart and action from the first film and amplifies it while also providing an excellent character study for Peter Parker.

One thing I don't think is any coincidence is how these first two Spider-Man films and the Nolan Batman films are my favorite comic book films because, unlike focusing on trying to expand the universe like the modern comic book films, they focus on the character themselves, on developing them, and giving somewhat realistic takes on what their lives would be like in the real world- our world, and that's what I think gives them the edge.

Definitely the best film based on a Marvel character.

I remember the day this came out. I'd been waiting all summer to see it... Hell, really since I saw the first film. My dad was off work that week for the 4th, and we went to go see the movie opening day at the first matinee. We got there early, expecting a crowd. When we got there, we saw few cars and people going to the ticket booth only to turn back and leave. I'm from a small, more rural area, so the theater was small and they only had one print. Well, turns out the film broke during a test-screening or something and they weren't getting a new one until a day or so later. The manager told us there was a theater about 20 minutes away playing it at the same showtime. Determined, we kicked it into high gear and made it there in time. This theater was memorable; a small, two-screen theater that, while updated for modern standards, was built in the 70s and still had that atmosphere and aesthetic to it. I think it's closed these days, and this remains the only film I ever saw there. Just a fond memory.

• Like 2

Spider-Man 2 remains one of the pinnacles of the superhero genre. Everything works here; the villain, the romance, the score, the action, everything. Raimi directs with even more precision than he did the first go-around, and Maguire gives his best performance as both sides of the title character, brilliantly displaying the drama of living a double life. Molina's villain isn't on-screen as much as remembered, but that just goes to show how much of an impact he makes. The entire ensemble is used well; no one feels wasted. The action sequences are all remarkably well-paced, and it never forgets that this is a film about what it means to be a hero. Spider-Man 2 is a masterful blockbuster, wonderfully building on the themes and characters of its predecessor to make a film that stands up to the test of time better than nearly any other blockbuster of its era. A

• Like 1