baumer

Jurassic Park III

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

One of the worst endings ever

Yeah, a bit contrived just to give us that moment of the Japanese businessmen running down the street as the T-Rex chases them. I actually enjoyed that moment, but it had no place in what is otherwise a fairly straight film.
  • Like 1

Yeah, a bit contrived just to give us that moment of the Japanese businessmen running down the street as the T-Rex chases them. I actually enjoyed that moment, but it had no place in what is otherwise a fairly straight film.

That's in JP2.I didn't mind JP3 at all, but yes, up until that ending. It was like the screenwriters just decided they didn't want to write anymore and said "Aww fuck it. I'll have a random guy in a tux magically show up on the beach with a megaphone then BAM, the entire US military shows up in Costa Rican territory. The end."
  • Like 4

That's in JP2.I didn't mind JP3 at all, but yes, up until that ending. It was like the screenwriters just decided they didn't want to write anymore and said "Aww fuck it. I'll have a random guy in a tux magically show up on the beach with a megaphone then BAM, the entire US military shows up in Costa Rican territory. The end."

Doh! Man, those two blur together in my mind. Yes, JP3 ending was incredibly rushed.

It would be unfair to compare this to the original, or even the sequel, because they had Spielberg, but man, this sucked even as a stand alone film. Joe Johnston mediocre direction, script filled with tons of stupidities, unlikable new characters (saved for Billy), they couldn't even get the animatronics right. The underwhelming ending made the whole package even badder 

JP 80/100

JP2 65/100

JP3 40/100

Edited by Goffe R Swanson
  • Like 1

The fact its an actually movie with 3 acts makes it better. 

I could name 100 reasons TLW is better. JP3 is just bad filmmaking.... Main theme in Jurassic Park is first heard when the chopper pulls up to the island. Main theme in TLW is when they first arrive to the island..... JP3 the main theme is the first fucking cue like 45 seconds in, no care, no thought process, no nights of sleep being loss over trying to make the best experience possible. Its flat out lazy filmmaking. 

JP needs to be a cinematic movie not some low rent overly lit TV film. 

• Like 6

Anyone who likes this more than The Lost World is jaw dropingly insane. I have never said this before but...

I can't even

Or completely sane.

I strongly disagree with you. Watching Jeff Goldblum's performance as Ian Malcolm alone is more fun than all of JP3.

Did Jurassic Park 3 feature a girl beating a raptor with gymnastics?

No.  

Therefore JP3 > TLW

People say JP3 is just a fun quick action movie.... It has LESS set pieces and WORSE set pieces than TLW.

The RV scene alone is its own 12 minute fanatically directed sequence. Plus Raptors in the high grass, T-rex waterfall chase and love it or hate it the movie is "over" if you will at 1 hour 45 mins but we get the T-rex in SD scene which is 10 more minutes of fun dino rampage. The credits start to roll 84minutes in JP3 what a disgrace.

TLW has amazing shots through out the whole film, there are 2 good shots in the whole 3rd film. The music in TLW is also another A+++++++++ John Williams score.

OK so a black girl is his daughter and kicks a raptor.... Its 3 seconds of screen time It doesnt bother me at all I just go on with the movie. Yet somehow a boy the same age lives on an island with Raptors and collects Trex pee for 8 WEEKS. Yeah the black girl kicked a raptor so cheesy. I hate that used as a negive. Thats a gripe, a grown, every movie has one of those but they never make or break a picture. 

I'd bet 100 bucks if you watched them back to back with an open mind you would like TLW. I honestly from the deepest part of my soul think liking JP3 over TLW means your crazy. If you broke down a film into 10 categories It would be impossible for JP3 to win. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 5