baumer

Jurassic Park III

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I disliked Lost World more because expectations were inevitably higher for it. In the grand conversation of shitty sequels it actually gets off pretty easy.

I went into JP3 knowing it'd be a dumb action movie and (woeful ending aside) that's basically what I got.

• Like 1

I disliked Lost World more because expectations were inevitably higher for it. In the grand conversation of shitty sequels it actually gets off pretty easy.

I went into JP3 knowing it'd be a dumb action movie and (woeful ending aside) that's basically what I got.

Exactly. People expected JP2... TLW is TLW not JP2. JP is a family adventure themepark movie. TLW is a dark, king kong, machete slashing adventure movie.

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

Exactly. People expected JP2... TLW is TLW not JP2. JP is a family adventure themepark movie. TLW is a dark, king kong, machete slashing adventure movie.

This really doesn't make much sense.  Especially because you are replying to someone saying he liked JP3 more than TLW.

"Machete slashing adventure?"  What the fuck?  You are just making things up to make them seem really different.  It is very much a sequel to Jurassic Park.  Is it exactly the same in tone?  God no.  

This really doesn't make much sense.  Especially because you are replying to someone saying he liked JP3 more than TLW.

"Machete slashing adventure?"  What the fuck?  You are just making things up to make them seem really different.  It is very much a sequel to Jurassic Park.  Is it exactly the same in tone?  God no.  

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC, THEY HUNT DINOSAURS ON A LOST WORLD. TREK THROUGH THE FUCKING JUNGLE. Second half of the movie they don't have modern technology, Its more like King Kong than JP. 

Hence Machete slashing adventure.

Im gonna put Machete slashing Adventure on the fucking Blu-Ray cover, but its something used in a conversation to help describe a vision or more how I saw the tone of the film. 

Jurassic Park is literally a themepark. The kids are MAIN characters, we are supposed to be walking into Disneyland, the music feels like a ride. You can see it in Dean Cundey's cinematography.

The goal of TLW was never to make you feel the same emption as JP. 

When did I say TLW didn't feel like a sequel? I said THE OPPOSITE actually when describing why I thought the plot was better than the 3rd.

I dont understand how every single post I make you argue EVERY single point on every movie I review. What the Fuck? I make shit up? Ive seen all these movies 100 times. More then you ever will, anyone who has seen a movie that many times can say tons of things about it and emotions people just don't even try to look into. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC, THEY HUNT DINOSAURS ON A LOST WORLD. TREK THROUGH THE FUCKING JUNGLE. Second half of the movie they don't have modern technology, Its more like King Kong than JP.

Hence Machete slashing adventure.

Im gonna put Machete slashing Adventure on the fucking Blu-Ray cover, but its something used in a conversation to help describe a vision or more how I saw the tone of the film.

Jurassic Park is literally a themepark. The kids are MAIN characters, we are supposed to be walking into Disneyland, the music feels like a ride. You can see it in Dean Cundey's cinematography.

The goal of TLW was never to make you feel the same emption as JP.

When did I say TLW didn't feel like a sequel? I said THE OPPOSITE actually when describing why I thought the plot was better than the 3rd.

I dont understand how every single post I make you argue EVERY single point on every movie I review. What the Fuck? I make shit up? Ive seen all these movies 100 times. More then you ever will, anyone who has seen a movie that many times can say tons of things about it and emotions people just don't even try to look into.

I'm just to understand what you're talking about. You replied to someone who doesn't share the same point as you by saying, "Exactly."

You then went to make a point as to why people didn't like TLW because it's not what they were expecting. Which contradicts how you don't understand why people don't like it.

I'm so confused!

I'm just to understand what you're talking about. You replied to someone who doesn't share the same point as you by saying, "Exactly."

You then went to make a point as to why people didn't like TLW because it's not what they were expecting. Which contradicts how you don't understand why people don't like it.

I'm so confused!

His post talked about expectations being to high/different. 

I really liked it before they got on the island, except with the weird giving Laura Dern a husband after the entire first movie made it seem like she and Alan Grant were gonna get together, but not a dealbreaker. However, once they got on the island, it was just over-the-top stupidity thanks to the direction playing the whole movie like a comedy. There's ridiculous amounts of action with no suspense, which is the exact opposite I want out of a Jurassic Park movie. Sam Neill was good, but everything else was just bleh. D+

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

I really liked it before they got on the island, except with the weird giving Laura Dern a husband after the entire first movie made it seem like she and Alan Grant were gonna get together, but not a dealbreaker. However, once they got on the island, it was just over-the-top stupidity thanks to the direction playing the whole movie like a comedy. There's ridiculous amounts of action with no suspense, which is the exact opposite I want out of a Jurassic Park movie. Sam Neill was good, but everything else was just bleh. D+

Yes, let the hate flow through you

• Like 2

I really liked it before they got on the island, except with the weird giving Laura Dern a husband after the entire first movie made it seem like she and Alan Grant were gonna get together, but not a dealbreaker. However, once they got on the island, it was just over-the-top stupidity thanks to the direction playing the whole movie like a comedy. There's ridiculous amounts of action with no suspense, which is the exact opposite I want out of a Jurassic Park movie. Sam Neill was good, but everything else was just bleh. D+

Great review. Happy to see another person hates this mess of a movie.

• Like 3

JP3 could be a harmless, stupid action romp that is fairly quickly over, but two things are juts plain horrible: The fight between Spino and T-Rex (no need to explain why this is a such a bad scene) and the Kirbys. They're the most annoying people in the franchise (even topping Malcolms daughter) and the movie would be 10 times better if they had been eaten but sadly they survive. If one can ignore these things good for them but i cant watch this movie any more. Besides, JW is much much better :P

• Like 1

The Lost World and Fallen Kingdom are much better than this! The dinosaurs are the best part of the movie, and sadly this is the least appealing for the dinos. 

The humans in this entry are the least interesting or likable, Sam Neil isn’t as memorable as he was in the first. Tea Leoni was annoying as hell, and William H. Macy is about as forgettable as dirt. 

Jurassic Park III is a gigantic mess, I appreciate them wanting to be different. But this is my least favorite big money making blockbuster of the 2000’s and the worst of the Jurassic Park series. 

Grade: D