Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

This is the movie theater where I watch all of my movie. When I walk through these doors I know I'm in a good place.

Posted Image

This is the box office. You also get your movie watching treats here. They have slushies, which I appreciate. The popcorn is always dry and lacking in butter, so I usually skip them.

There's also a massive candy store right next to this building, which is nice.

The picture below has people in line ready buy tickets to Magic Mike

Posted Image

We get two major film festivals every year: Rokumentti and Cinemare. Rokumentti showcases music related documentaries, and Cinemare is a midnight madness horror marathon, usually with some pretty interesting movies.

It kinda hard to get tickets to these festivals, because they're so damn popular! Almost every screening is sold out.

Poster for Cinemare

Posted Image

You always hear me bitch about the ticket prices and how we never get smaller movies, but honestly I love this theater. Its clean, the seats are nice and comfy, the people who work there are kind and all auditoriums have high quality sound systems and projectors. They also sell slushies, which I appreciate.

Present the movie theater you watch your movies, and tell us the good stuff and the bad stuff about it!

I don't have pictures of it but the main theater where I go is in a mall (we don't have street theaters here) and has 6 screens. Usually gets 80% of the stuff I want to see every year. Sometimes I go to another theater that has 14 screens, but that doesn't happen often. It was there that I saw Perks and Frankenweenie.

Edited by CJohn

Same here. Theater is in the mall. Has around 5 screens If I remember right.

Posted Image

This is how the entrance looks like. Behind (the guy who took the photo) is the shop where you can buy popcorn/juice/nachos and other stuff but they're expensive as fuck. To the right (where the exit to the mall is) is the box office and right in front and then left, is where you give your ticket and get your glasses before going to watch the movie.

As for Festivals we have the Transylvania (wrote Transilvania since it's Romanian) International Film Festival. Don't know much about it since I never wanted to buy a ticket or never kept track with it... I know that in 2010 (from wiki, of course) around 55000 people attended it. If that is much or not, I have no clue.

Edited by ChD

My local movie theater is 27Km away from where I Live and It opened in September 2011; it has 16 screens: 12 normal ones, one 2x size, one with a stage in front for different spectacles, and 2 ViPs which have bigger than average screens.

Here are some photos:

Entrance: Posted Image

Cafe: Posted Image

Vip Lounge: Posted Image

Grand Ultra: Posted Image

This has 500 seats, 2x size screeen and LOSONO sound system with 45 speakers

Concession: Posted Image

Edited by DoctorWho
  • Like 4

I have gone to a lot of different theaters. They pretty much feel the same to me.

One is below, in central China, Zhengzhou. 11 screens, including IMAX. Ranks around top 100 in tickets sale.

Posted Image

Inside

Posted Image

Another one in Shanghai, also with an IMAX

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by firedeep

My local movie theater is 27Km away from where I Live and It opened in September 2011; it has 16 screens: 12 normal ones, one 2x size, one with a stage in front for different spectacles, and 2 ViPs which have bigger than average screens.

Here are some photos:

Cafe: Posted Image

Vip Lounge: Posted Image

Grand Ultra: Posted Image

This has 500 seats, 2x size screeen and LOSONO sound system with 45 speakers

Concession: Posted Image

That looks huge!! You could fit like 3 of my theaters inside that one building lol

And the second theater where i got just 2-3 times a year, only because it has iMAX:

This is about 35km from where I Live, also in a mall and has 21 screens (they call it a Megaplex): 17 normal, 3 ViP and the one iMAX

Pics:

Inside: Posted Image

iMAX Entrance: Posted Image

iMAX screen: Posted Image

Edited by DoctorWho

coolio ,for a second there that building/street looked so familiar then i remembered that the cinema i went to in birmingham was a UGC, i also went to star city not too far (bus ride away) esp for the gold class treatment (think they got bought by VUE)

can't remember that well its been 6yrs now since i was in england!

but it was the best movie experience ever ,reclining leather sofa, free popcorn, so much space! then again at 14£

i have pics of my theatre on my island will edit if i figure how to put them on here, the airport is literally like 3mn in car down the road i took this pic from

Posted Image

you have to go up an escalator that leads to here on one side posters and actual cinema and on the other ticket booth ,ice cream shop and an arcade room,will take a pic of that next time i go

Posted Image

Edited by ladyevenstar22

we don't have street theaters here

same here.

Usually I go to the "Cinemais" to see comedies, dramas and horror movies because they generally don't need good or huge screens. I go to the Multiplex Patanal Cine Araujo to see big blockbusters and more visual movies because the screens there are huge and the popcorn is better.

Cinemais

8 Screens (2 3D with 360 seats, 4 normal screens with 180 seats and 1 VIP with 90 seats)

Normal day: $7.3 - $9.6 (3D)

Discount day: $2.9

Posted Image

Multiplex Pantanal Cine Aruajo

7 Screens (All screens with 340 seats, 2 3D and 5 normal)

Normal day: $7.8 - $9.5 (3D)

Discount day: $6.4 - 8.8 (3D)

Posted Image

Edited by Goffe of Oz