Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

My local just put up times from friday onwards:Les Mis 2 screens 5 shows (7 sat, 6 sun)Django 1 screen 3 showsLife of Pi 1 screen 4 showsHobbit/Gangster Squad split 2/1 GS is cancelled on sat and tues for an Opera and advance Wreck it Ralph ScreeningQuartet/The Impossible 2/2Tinkerbell and Rise of the Guardians get one show each on sunday.

Not on me, but i'll take some next time i'm there, hopefully saturday, if not in a couple of weeks. I'm normally in the biggest or 3rd smallest screen at mine. I went through a chain of 6 weeks going to the same two screens as Avatar held a residency in the smallest screen for 3D for 10 weeks, and I saw that about 7 times in that screen on first release (10 total, I know i'm insane), and then all the films I were interested were in the same screen at that time.

Edited by Schumacher FTW

I guess I'm kinda lucky, we get three film festivals every year. One is the music documentary festival, then there's the midnight movie madness when they show horror movies, and then there a private event for the people within the industry

That sounds great. Is the attitude to cinema in Finland different to ours? Ours is either see it as soon as possible or go because everyone says it's great, my cinemas listings kind of show that with LoP and Les Mis.

Movies usually have good legs here, even insane legs sometimes. There really isn't a "Oh my god I have to see this as soon as possible" attitude, resulting in moderate OW's but huge legs. People go to the movies soooo much in Finland, and almost every average size town has a movie theater. I dont go to see them, but movies made in Finland sell like hotcakes, and those are the movies that are usually playing in the smaller theaters.

Wow, these are some fancy theaters. Back home, I go to a Regal theater in a shopping plaza or an AMC+Imax in a mall (Aventura, the world's most crowded). Up at college, I go to the AMC in Georgetown. All crowded, all diverse, always live and fun.

I wish the UK was like you guys. Because films never last here, I have to see them early otherwise I don't get a chance as I have to ride a bus for an hour to get there, and when they get reduced to evening only shows i'm screwed.

If a movie is successfull, it might play for over 10 weeks here. Magic Mike stayed for 5 weeks, Intouchables is on its 8th week and Skyfall has been playing for whopping 13 weeks in my town.

This is my local theater where I see the majority of movies and apparently a local church does their services on Sunday morning.

Posted Image

its a 10 screen theater on the 2nd floor of a mall, its not the best theater but its definitely not the worst. It could use a upgrade.

Posted Image

This is on the first floor where people buy the tickets

Edited by MGK17

I don't get the cinema closest to me. It's a 20 minute walk away and yet shockingly poor. Extortionate, cramped, uncomfortable and only has 4 screens. Yet they are getting Monsters Inc this weekend and my preferred 6 screen aren't. This is also the place that neglected to play The Impossible and get stuff like Here Comes the Boom over Argo. So annoying.

There used to be two movie theaters here. The other one was kinda crappy and small and they had a pretty shitty sound system.It closed as soon as Tapio (one of the oldest movie theaters in finland, btw) got repaired with glorious results. Its the best theater I've been to, its like my Cinema Paradiso