Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Neo

Black Panther | 2.16.2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed

JohnnyGossamer    6,303
19 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Iron man 3 and Thor have the best scores. Rest of them are pretty forgettable. 

I like Captain America First Avenger most and by a pretty wide margin.

Fancyarcher    32,126
5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I guess you guys just have wildly different musical tastes from me.

Well that's opinions for you, I suppose. I just think TWS's score is absolutely grating first, personally, but more power to you for enjoying it. 

Macleod    904
45 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I've always enjoyed TIH's score.

Agreed.  It gives the film an emotional depth that sometimes doesn't quite come across in the theatrically released edit.  It's nice stuff, I think the Bruce/Betty themes are perfect in conveying their melancholy.  I've known Craig Armstrong's work for years, and he did some beautiful stuff with Baz Luhrmann, as well.  I also love Doyle's Thor score.  These are, to me, the two most beautiful and memorable 'scores' of the MCU so far. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

LaughingEvans    219
1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Agreed.  It gives the film an emotional depth that sometimes doesn't quite come across in the theatrically released edit.  It's nice stuff, I think the Bruce/Betty themes are perfect in conveying their melancholy.  I've known Craig Armstrong's work for years, and he did some beautiful stuff with Baz Luhrmann, as well.  I also love Doyle's Thor score.  These are, to me, the two most beautiful and memorable 'scores' of the MCU so far. 

Armstrong may not be the greatest, but he's certainly the most versatile, something that even creators considered great don't have in the slightest. 

• Like 1

Goffe    9,024

TIH, Thor and Elfman's contribution for AOU are all very nice.

• Like 1

Arlborn    7,608

What have we learned today kids?

People have different musical tastes.

dKSWVYT.gif

• Like 3

Sam    21,876

Chadwick went to visit Ian Hopgood, a little boy battling terminal brain cancer today. His favorite superhero is Black Panther. 

00078R.MXF_13.53.36.20_1493156494964_320

0004VU.MXF_13.45.11.19_1493156494341_320

0001EF.MXF_13.02.42.24_1493156464376_320

00056S.MXF_13.48.16.18_1493156479276_320

0003TZ.MXF_13.38.35.06_1493156465667_320

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/health/250677389-story

It's always so sad to see when kids having to go through the pain of fighting cancer. I hope Ian gets to live every day happily.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 15

YourMother    6,211
On 4/26/2017 at 1:12 AM, Sam said:

Chadwick went to visit Ian Hopgood, a little boy battling terminal brain cancer today. His favorite superhero is Black Panther. 

00078R.MXF_13.53.36.20_1493156494964_320

0004VU.MXF_13.45.11.19_1493156494341_320

0001EF.MXF_13.02.42.24_1493156464376_320

00056S.MXF_13.48.16.18_1493156479276_320

0003TZ.MXF_13.38.35.06_1493156465667_320

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/health/250677389-story

It's always so sad to see when kids having to go through the pain of fighting cancer. I hope Ian gets to live every day happily.

It's stories like these that warm my heart.

• Like 2

Cochofles    9,992

This, Ant Man & the Wasp , and Captain Marvel are the three MCU films for which I just cannot wait. I hope that they all enjoy tremendous success.

• Like 4

iJackSparrow    5,057
8 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

This, Ant Man & the Wasp , and Captain Marvel are the three MCU films for which I just cannot wait. I hope that they all enjoy tremendous success.

I'm very curious about the approach Marvel Studios will use after Wonder Woman. Extremely tough act to follow, and I don't expect to cross $100m like WW, unless they do something apeshit with her during Infinity War and the fourth Avengers film, and that's starting to look more and more like the best way to introduce her. Does Captain Marvel even has a release date? I don't remember anymore. I feel bad every time someone sings high praise for Ant Man because I just can't see it, but I will try to make a MCU marathon with friends by July and see if clicks. 

JohnnyGossamer    6,303
10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm very curious about the approach Marvel Studios will use after Wonder Woman. Extremely tough act to follow, and I don't expect to cross $100m like WW, unless they do something apeshit with her during Infinity War and the fourth Avengers film, and that's starting to look more and more like the best way to introduce her. Does Captain Marvel even has a release date? I don't remember anymore. I feel bad every time someone sings high praise for Ant Man because I just can't see it, but I will try to make a MCU marathon with friends by July and see if clicks. 

For those brands, it should be... Wonder Woman is a bigger brand  than all three heroes by a lot. 

• Like 1

Jay Hollywood    13,727

Most Marvel scores are bad

This is a superhero movie that takes place on earth who uses tech and money for power. his suit is metal. 

Iron Man 3

https://youtu.be/aYKec-R8Nxw 

This is a movie about a god from another planet, takes place in space, uses science, costumes and setting is period esqe most the time, dude can fly and uses a hammer

Thor 2

https://youtu.be/Bd6F2UOjOI8

Yet both these scores are annoyingly the same. They are safe, nothing memorable, nothing transportive, its cookie cutter and off the shelf juiced up temp. 

You can't even tell them apart. 

*Not sure how to embed videos anymore.

Edited by Jay Hollywood

Macleod    904
18 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This is a superhero movie that takes place on earth who uses tech and money for power. his suit is metal. 

Iron Man 3

This is a movie about a god from another planet, takes place in space, uses science, costumes and setting is period esqe most the time, dude can fly and uses a hammer

Thor 2

Yet both these scores are annoyingly the same. They are safe, nothing memorable, nothing transportive, its cookie cutter and off the shelf juiced up temp. 

To be fair, the whole production of Thor2 sounds like it was a giant mess of confusion about where to go next, and how to do it...and the production ultimately securing an uninspiring director didn't help matters...so I don't blame the composer for being uninspired, either... but yes, there is a 'sameness' to many recent Hollywood scores, Marvel's included.

CoolioD1    58,183
21 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Iron Man 3

Thor 2

Got you dog.

• Like 1

Cochofles    9,992
1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Yeah, I bet that Captain Marvel will be given a meaty, buzzworthy debut in one of those megamovies, and hopefully, it will indeed create good buzz that leads to a great box office showing for her solo adventure.  I am keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 1