BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Wow, that's fantastic!

It is really exciting to see that a dead market like Spanish have some joy. And in few weeks we will have BD2 and Hobbit that will make very big numbers too, so, at the end, and unexpectedly, 2012 can finish with some good news. Regrettably, in mid/end January we will back to horrible numbers.

Well, yesterday estimates was for the whole week, the weekend are 4,6M€ and the total 26,5m€ ooohhhhh!!!!

That makes more sense. It is about a 34% drop. I must correct my last night 45 million € prediction. If this year Avengers have grossed 10 million € more from a 5.2 million OW, The Impossible can make a bit more from a very similar 3rd weekend with quite better holds. I reduce it to 38-40 million € (49-52 million $), very close to Titanic's gross. If drops continue being so good, it could challenge Titanic. Edited by peludo

Still pretty much impressive either it does or doesn't surpass Titanic.Over a 30% drop after that record breaking OW followed by that great hold during 2nd weekend.Had it been released when exchange rate was better( like 2009 with Avatar) its $ gross would be higher.

Still pretty much impressive either it does or doesn't surpass Titanic.Over a 30% drop after that record breaking OW followed by that great hold during 2nd weekend.Had it been released when exchange rate was better( like 2009 with Avatar) its $ gross would be higher.

Of course. In terms of gross we are talking about the 2nd or 3rd in the history and probably in top 20 adjusted. It is like Avengers in US.And you are right with exchange rate. I still think Avatar was one the most lucky movie in the history in terms of box office. Beyond its own merits it had everything going for. With today exchange rate it would be 15 million $ lower just in Spain. Edited by peludo

^IKR, They should watch exclusively Hollywood made movies like the Avengers, the ASM or Men in Black.Domestic ones aren't worth seeing <_<

IKR?And yeah, only Hollywood movies need to be successful, and I'm not joking B) Edited by Fullbuster

I know, right ;)

Anyway, obviously the film is having an incredible run fully deserving so. Certified fresh on RT and has a good wom not only in Spain.

Hope it'll cross 40 million €.

lol, if you invent your own abbreviations (I guess you invented it, never seen before) we'll never be able to understand each other :P

About the movie, it is probably good, so its success isn't a problem but I don't understand why Spanish are interested in a movie about a disaster in Asia, I really don't understand.Because their failing economy is a disaster too so they see a comparison? o_o

Edited by Fullbuster

lol, if you invent your own abbreviations (I guess you invented it, never seen before) we'll never be able to understand each other :PAbout the movie, it is probably good, so its success isn't a problem but I don't understand why Spanish are interested in a movie about a disaster in Asia, I really don't understand.Because their failing economy is a disaster too so they see a comparison? o_o

It's about a Spanish family and with a Spanish director.IKR is a known acronym.

lol, if you invent your own abbreviations (I guess you invented it, never seen before) we'll never be able to understand each other :P

About the movie, it is probably good, so its success isn't a problem but I don't understand why Spanish are interested in a movie about a disaster in Asia, I really don't understand.Because their failing economy is a disaster too so they see a comparison? o_o

Maybe for the same reason EVERY country in the world were interested on seeing a British boat disaster 15 years ago. The tsunami tragedy was especially shocking (300,000 dead in very few minutes). I can not remember something more devastating in the history in so short time. And as lab276, Tower and CJohn have said, it is a Spanish movie directed by a Spanish director about a Spanish family. But beyond this, how can you explain, for instance, that a movie about a quadriplegic and his carer can gross 166 million in France, proportionally better than Avatar US run. It is just sometimes those things happen in box office. And thanks to these cases it is so interesting ;)

TOP 10

1 THE IMPOSSIBLE          4,480,000  (-35%)2 HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA      2,610,000  NEW3 ARGO                      700.000  NEW4 LOOPER                    560,000  (-40%)5 TADEO JONES               410,000  (-47%)6 PARANORMAL ACTIVITY       360,000  (-47%)7 ARBITRAGE                 300,000  (-33%)8 TAKEN 2                   280,000  (-44%)9 GET THE GRINGO            180,000  NEW0 FRANKENWEENIE             160,000  (70%)
NEW THIS WEDNESDAY ( THURSDAY IS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY)

[*]SKYFALL

[*]SINISTER

[*]THE WORDS

[*]DETACHMENT

[*]SUBAMRIEN (UK)

[*]VULNERABLES (SPAIN)

[*]O APOSTOLO (SPAIN)

[*]EL HOMBRE DE LAS MARIPOSAS (SPAIN)

[*]König des comics. (GERMANY)

ADMISSIONS WEEKEND

01 THE IMPOSSIBLE           608,557   3,805,35602 HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA       369,736     369,73603 ARGO                      94,191      94,19104 LOOPER                    77,925     312,39305 TADEO JONES               61,612   2,447,96506 PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4     51,079     193,12307 ARBITRAGE                 40,360     451,98908 TAKEN 2                   39,115     503,10609 GET THE GRINGO            25,029      25,02910 FRANKENWEENIE             23,069     288,88311 TO ROME WITH LOVE         12,290     431,41312 RESIDENT EVIL             11,581     370,38413 RUBY SPARKS               10,280      10,28014 HOPE SPRINGS               9,629     295,06115 BLANCANIEVES               7,329     112,08616 LE PRÈNOM                  5,608     115,52617 SAVAGES                    5,409     286,78718 ATRACO                     5,559      32,02219 BRAVE                      5,653   2,243,26720 IO SONO LI                 5,048       5,048