CoolioD1

House of Cards (K̶̷e̶̷v̶̷i̶̷n̶̷ ̶̷S̶̷p̶̷a̶̷c̶̷e̶̷y̶̷ Robin Wright)

8 episodes in. It's not a groundbreaking series in any sense, but it's always rare to see a show so compulsively watchable, so confident in what it wants to be. Spacey, Stoll, Mara, and Wright are all strong, especially off of one another. Solid B+ show. 

• Like 1

I loved the original British Show so am always a bit nervous when I hear America is going to remake something British that I enjoyed. Then I had a big sigh of relief when I heard that it was HBO in charge of it and will definitely check it out when I can.

I thought HBO had nothing to do w/ this?

Looking back, the ending to Episode 11 is set up by the opening scene of the pilot. Underwood hates messes and needless displays of suffering, so if he gets a chance to cut it off for good, he'll do it like with the crippled dog. Plus in Episode 11 he had the added benefit of covering his own ass.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Have watched the first couple episodes yesterday, am enjoying it so far. It's very moody and Spacey is a sinister character. Color me intrigued. I'm wondering if it's going to turn into a real American Psycho type thriller where Spacey starts murdering people and shit.

Edited by Silver Linings aDIM

Have watched the first couple episodes yesterday, am enjoying it so far. It's very moody and Spacey is a sinister character. Color me intrigued. I'm wondering if it's going to turn into a real American Psycho type thriller where Spacey starts murdering people and shit.

Ep 11.... O...M...G...Love what they did with the credits.

Your wish has been granted.

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused, maybe I need to finish the series first, but did Francis plan this WHOLE thing from the getgo? Run Peter Russo for governor, purposefully sabotage him, convince the VP to run, and then jockey himself in position for VP nomination? Or did they sabotage Russo's campaign only as a result of the bill failing and Russo going rogue? Did he expect Claire to sink the bill? Because he talks about his months of planning coming to fruition but he can't possibly have planned each of these events? The murder, obviously, was improvised but was the plan always for Russo to tank as a candidate? And ultimately is he trying to ruin the president and Linda for screwing him on SOS? So many questions!!

And 2 more episodes left so maybe I should shutup :D