Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vanilla

The Box Office Buzz & Tracking Thread

20,934 posts in this topic

Lets get the Buzz up for some films.

2 people like this

When will we get the tracking for BD1?

Immortals is no surprise at all, it looks good in the vein of 300 and I think 100m is achievable.

24M opening weekend for Immortals is amazing

RS has already been tracking it for the past month. However, it's all to be taken with a grain of salt as tracking went from low '40's one week to low 140's the next week.

2 weeks ago it was 140's

I suspect that was a typo that wasn't corrected for some reason. Still, it throws every number RS gives out into question.

I hope Jack and Jill does well this weekend

Jack and Jill will most likely hit 100m as all Sandler films do, but it might need to be pushed due to the slightly weird concept.

I really think that Jack and Jill looks funny. Adam Sandler as Jill is funny

I don't think Jack and Jill will do very well. It looks a little bit too kid-friendly for a Sandler film, and this could alienate some of his fans. And the Sandler-in-drag concept is just so weird. I think it'll miss $100M for sure and will probably miss $20M.Immortals was always positioned to do well. It may not be the best movie ever, but it's from the same family as 300 and Clash of the Titans, and it has fairly awe-inspiring effects that have been shown in the TV spots. I think it'll do anywhere from $25M-$35M, for a finish of anywhere from $60M-$120M. I know, that's a pretty large range. :P

Jack and Jill will most likely hit 100m as all Sandler films do.

I don't think that reasoning is gonna fly this time. If it opens low like tracking suggests, it ain't gonna make it.

It looks a little bit too kid-friendly for a Sandler film, and this could alienate some of his fans.

And on the flipside, some reviews I've read said it's kinda inappropriate for kids.

And on the flipside, some reviews I've read said it's kinda inappropriate for kids.

Well then there really is a disconnect between the marketing and the film itself. Why would they go for the PG if it wasn't kid friendly?

Didn't they reword the rating description a couple times? The first time they gave the rating out it sounded like a PG-13 film, and it still kind of does.

Well then there really is a disconnect between the marketing and the film itself. Why would they go for the PG if it wasn't kid friendly?

Well, IMO, the marketing doesn't make it look that kid-friendly, least not as much as previous Sandler family film Bedtime Stories' marketing did for that.

Didn't they reword the rating description a couple times? The first time they gave the rating out it sounded like a PG-13 film, and it still kind of does.

Yea, they did. First it was 'sexual humor', then in was 'suggestive references', then they took out the smoking from the rating.

Well, IMO, the marketing doesn't make it look that kid-friendly, least not as much as previous Sandler family film Bedtime Stories' marketing did for that.

It doesn't look as kid-friendly as Bedtime Stories, but it looks as kid-friendly as, say, Marely & Me. But then again, the fact that Marley & Me wasn't really all that kid-friendly didn't hurt it. But that was based off of a popular book and had the whole dog story line. I don't get why the studio wouldn't just settle for the PG-13.