Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vanilla

The Box Office Buzz & Tracking Thread

20,858 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Where was Suicide Squad Monday before?

I know that was summer and all, but still seems like a good comp. 

It was at 1.5M, Marvel-DC comps are not great though. BvS was at 2.8M on the Monday of while Civil War was at almost 5M but previews ended up lower for Civil War, the 2 sets of fans have different buying habits I think. Comparing Marvel to Marvel and DC to DC is a better idea imo.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It was at 1.5M, Marvel-DC comps are not great though. BvS was at 2.8M on the Monday of while Civil War was at almost 5M but previews ended up lower for Civil War, the 2 sets of fans have different buying habits I think. Comparing Marvel to Marvel and DC to DC is a better idea imo.

That's probably because of Good Friday.

MT 

F8 30.8%

BB 8.3%

Bollywood 7.1%

BATB 7.0%

GOTG2 5.5%

Yeah 150 OW seems likely,

33 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Pre-sales aren't just for previews.  DC movies (even accounting for Good Friday) tend to be more front loaded during the opening w/e than the MCU.

BvS previews also had a Wed of Corporate screenings that rolled into Thur Previews.  I'd love to get a $ breakdown on those one day.

Guess what time it is people?! Time to check on the Mummy advance sales! The TP Mummy Army needs as few ticket buyers for Pipsqueak Tom Mummy as possible! TP Mummy UNITE=Mummy under 100 mil!!!!

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Guess what time it is people?! Time to check on the Mummy advance sales! The TP Mummy Army needs as few ticket buyers for Pipsqueak Tom Mummy as possible! TP Mummy UNITE=Mummy under 100 mil!!!!

Tickets aren't on sale yet. Keep trying.

4 people like this

Um....well then, those Transformers 5 ticket sales must look sucky, right?

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

oh my god

6 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Nope no Tickets for June movies yet.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

oh my god

You know they are!!! The Age of Rust Collective will prevail!

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Oh, well that explains it. Guess I have to start back in this thread in around Mid May or so.

24 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tickets aren't on sale yet. Keep trying.

22 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

oh my god

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

12 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Oh, well that explains it. Guess I have to start back in this thread in around Mid May or so.

This is a pretty amazing run of quotes. :rofl: 

9 people like this

Moderation : let's try to not derail this thread. It is one of the good ones. 

6 people like this

Guess Variety has stopped doing the weekly ComScore charts.

My 8pm SuperScreen showing this Friday is about 60% full already for GOTG2.

Guess I was wrong. New ComScore chart.

comscore-4-24.jpg

1 person likes this

Beauty and the Beast” opened on top of the Japanese box office last weekend, with Disney distributing on 773 screens. For the three -day period beginning April 21, it made $12.5 million on 951,000 admissions. This beats the three-day total of megahit “Frozen,” which finished in Japan with $231 million.

http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/japan-box-office-beauty-and-the-beast-opens-strongly-1202393550/

Could BEAUTY AND THE BEAST be another huge hit in Japan? I said in another thread that we could be looking at $1.2B+ worldwide now. The article also goes on to mention that Golden Week is coming up in Japan, which could also be a huge factor.

Just now, JB33 said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/japan-box-office-beauty-and-the-beast-opens-strongly-1202393550/

Could BEAUTY AND THE BEAST be another huge hit in Japan? I said in another thread that we could be looking at $1.2B+ worldwide now. The article also goes on to mention that Golden Week is coming up in Japan, which could also be a huge factor.

could? It already is going to be by opening so big.

I wonder how Pirates will do since that franchise is popular there.