Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vanilla

The Box Office Buzz & Tracking Thread

20,928 posts in this topic

I don't think that reasoning is gonna fly this time. If it opens low like tracking suggests, it ain't gonna make it.

It'll have 4 weeks of no competition until New Year's Eve comes out. That plus the fact the last comedy to do decent numbers was 50/50 and Tower Heist disappointed. The market is ripe for a Sandler comedy and it should hit 100m.

It doesn't look as kid-friendly as Bedtime Stories, but it looks as kid-friendly as, say, Marely & Me. But then again, the fact that Marley & Me wasn't really all that kid-friendly didn't hurt it. But that was based off of a popular book and had the whole dog story line. I don't get why the studio wouldn't just settle for the PG-13.

I would definitely say Marley and Me looked more appropriate for kids, like there wasn't anything that looked like you shouldn't take your kids to that. Marley & Me just had a more adult-oriented, and more human, storyline that you typically don't see in kid-friendly pics.

It'll have 4 weeks of no competition until New Year's Eve comes out. That plus the fact the last comedy to do decent numbers was 50/50 and Tower Heist disappointed. The market is ripe for a Sandler comedy and it should hit 100m.

It definitely has competition in the coming weeks. It's a family film actually, or claiming to be, or not, considering the marketing looks like it can't decide who to market to, and there are plenty of family films coming out in the coming weeks that will hurt its chances. Edited by Jay Beezy

It definitely has competition in the coming weeks. It's a family film actually, or claiming to be, or not, considering the marketing looks like it can't decide who to market to, and there are plenty of family films coming out in the coming weeks that will hurt its chances.

It's a family film? I thought it was rated PG-13? I take that all back then.

It's a family film? I thought it was rated PG-13? I take that all back then.

It's definitely PG. Whether it's actually appropriate for families despite its rating is another matter entirely.

I really think that Jack and Jill looks funny. Adam Sandler as Jill is funny

Are you joking?

Are you joking?

I think it looks hysterical. And I'm not joking either.

I think it looks hysterical. And I'm not joking either.

Well, tracking doesn't seem to agree with your opinion.

When will we get tracking for BD1?

When will we get tracking for BD1?

We didn't get futures this week because RS was late. Have to wait until next week.

Well, tracking doesn't seem to agree with your opinion.

It is sad isn't it? ;)

We didn't get futures this week because RS was late. Have to wait until next week.

Ok.

Doubt BD1 will get that high. Does this really have anywhere near the hype of New Moon.

I see 135-140m.

RS doesn't make any sense... just saying.High 30's for NYE?And what the hell is WBAZ?

That NYE number is ridiculous.

RS doesn't make any sense... just saying.High 30's for NYE?And what the hell is WBAZ?

WE BOUGHT A ZOOThat tracking for NYE is consistent.