Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vanilla

The Box Office Buzz & Tracking Thread

20,858 posts in this topic

I'll eat my hair if it opens to 150m. Mark my words.

Quoted.

BD1's opening is going to be really interesting. The hype seems to be absent but tracking has it at 150+ and it had sold out at least 2300 midnight shows as of 4 days ago. It could go either way. If it has more appeal to older women compared to previous twilight movies then it may make sense that while its hype is a bit low, tracking has it at a much higher number.

I think MTC will put a wrench in that number.

NYE 30's tracking is not surprising at all, the first did very well and other then Twilight which will be gone by around then girls will need something.

NYE will make have a smaller OW then VD but it will have better legs since it is the holidays plus NYE holiday isn't until like 3 weeks later. 30m doesn't surprise me but I'm expecting closer to 40m.

Edited by Cedarpoint

I can't see NYE opening with hig's 30. It is ridiculous.

I'll eat my hair if it opens to 150m. Mark my words.

We want a video. Don't forget :P

I can't see NYE opening with hig's 30. It is ridiculous.

So was Valentine's Day opening over 30m, oh wait... ;)

I want some Muppets numbers.

Valentines Day opened on its titular holiday that is why it opened so high. NYE does not. Also chick flick sequels tend to make less than the original

Finally BD1 numbers...I guess everyone is going with 150 OW right now. This franchise is becoming as predictable as Harry Potter.

I guess everyone is going with 150 OW right now.

No Everyone is not.

Hugo won't do that well in 3 days. But Muppets and AC look to be 3 days only.Bah, screw RS, they fucked up big time on HF2.