kayumanggi

Should Pixar stop making sequels?

Pixar & Sequels  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pixar stop making sequels?

• Yes. I love them because of their original films. No continuation please.
    • No. There are a lot of stories to explore. As long as they're good, I'm fine with it.

No, but I would like them to make a gritty Toy Story reboot where Buzz Lightyear arrives in Andy's room and has to come to terms with his powers. It would show scenes of him on a toy fishing boat intercut with scenes of his difficult childhood at the toy factory. Then at the end, he snaps Emperor Zurg's neck and it's very controversial.

Should Pixar stop Making Sequels

My Answer is No and Yes

No because some pixar films really didn't need a Sequel IMO. Just like Cars and MU even though that was a Prequel more than a Sequel. However I don't know how I fell about Finding Dory it will be like. Also I'd really to see different stories in the animation they create.

And Yes everybody I know of has wanted a Incredibles Sequel and that's the only Pixar movie that really people want to see a sequel to. And even though some sequels really the Toy Story Trilogy really worked and if they could make a another good Trilogy out of the Incredibles that would be great to see.

Edited by SuperBatman

I'd rather see original films over sequels, but I don't mind sequels as long as they (1) grow out organically from the original film and/or make sense as a follow-up, (2) don't betray the spirit of the original film, and (3) are good films.

I feel that Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 met all of these criteria (though 3 felt like somewhat of a retread of 2 thematically and structurally) and they were both wonderful films. I actually don't hate the original Cars, but while Cars 2 wasn't the worst thing in the world, it fails terribly as a follow-up to the original film. Monsters University was a slightly better, but I'd place it second from the bottom in the Pixar canon.

It seems that Cars 3 is a very real possibility right now, and I can't say I have any real faith in it. But I think the concept for Finding Dory sounds quite intriguing, and so long as Brad Bird is on board to write and direct The Incredibles 2, I have absolute faith in it due to his impeccable track record.

Edited by celticmoon

I've seen all Pixar flicks since Ratatouille in the cinemas.

No wait, I missed Wall-E due to traveling.

Saw Toy Story 3 and Up twice I think.

I saw Cars 2 because I wanted to be wrong about it, but I wasn't.

Going to boycott Dory.

Unless it's another shitty Cars movie, I'm okay with it. They are very creative people and have tons of story ideas and they have a long time to go before their "end" (Hey, not everything lasts forever). They'll have plenty of time to bring new and original stories to the big screen.