c7X0po.gif

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

firedeep

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

4,447 posts in this topic

Is the ending just dumb or is it going to ruffle people's feathers politically? I see a lot of room for the latter with this concept

Hmm, I'll just go for the gist if you want it or not.

So the Lawrence character finds out that the Pratt character just woke her up for someone to bone and that she would probably die on the ship, and she's understandably pretty mad and spends the rest of the movie avoiding him... until an obligatory third act 'splosions set piece with the ship in danger and shit.

So they save the ship buuut everyone that was still in a sleeping pod ends up getting killed, so now Lawrence is all "I like you again because your horniness accidentally saved my life, I guess" and when the ship finally reaches its destination, pratt and lawrence have already died but out of the ship comes their chidren and their incesty i guess grandchildren.

Like I said this draft is at least a few years old so changes can be made, and most of it is good stuff. but this is the script that's making the rounds online that everyone seems to love.

Edited by cooliod1
2 people like this

lol, so political feather ruffling it is. Yeah, I can picture the 5000 word thinkpieces already :rofl:

So the Lawrence character finds out that the Pratt character just woke her up for someone to bone and that she would probably die on the ship, and she's understandably pretty mad and spends the rest of the movie avoiding him... until an obligatory third act 'splosions set piece with the ship in danger and shit.

So they save the ship buuut everyone that was still in a sleeping pod ends up getting dying, so now Lawrence is all "I like you again because your horniness accidentally saved my life, I guess" and when the ship finally reaches its destination, pratt and lawrence have already died but out of the ship comes their chidren and their incesty i guess grandchildren.

Like I said this draft is at least a few years old so changes can be made, and most of it is good stuff. but this is the script that's making the rounds online that everyone seems to love.

Oh god. :lol:

with the exception of the very, very end, pretty much everything in the interstellar script that leaked after they go through the wormhole is soooo different from what happens in the movie (personally I might have thought the stuff in the script was better  :ph34r: ) so y'know there's no guarantees I guess.

Edited by cooliod1

I plan to remain unspoiled. It's enough for me to know multiple sources say the script is great... I just can't wait for this movie.

I blame Lindelof.

1 person likes this

So they save the ship buuut everyone that was still in a sleeping pod ends up getting dying, so now Lawrence is all "I like you again because your horniness accidentally saved my life, I guess" and when the ship finally reaches its destination, pratt and lawrence have already died but out of the ship comes their chidren and their incesty i guess grandchildren.

UGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGH :sick:

I am so glad this is happening.

Pratt and Jlaw could be a fantastic screen duo, hoping for the best.

And I liked Imitation Game a LOT.

And sorry to beat a dead horse, but the press tour with these two is gonna be something.

3 people like this

Pratt and Jlaw could be a fantastic screen duo, hoping for the best.

And I liked Imitation Game a LOT.

And sorry to beat a dead horse, but the press tour with these two is gonna be something.

^I feel like they could either be a dream duo, or it could be just awful

I don't see any way that they could be "awful". Individually they're awesome, and something tells me they're going to have great comedic chemistry. Seriously can't wait.

BTW, saw earlier today that this is filming in Berlin. Wonder why there? Sony probably trying to cut down production costs?

I don't see any way that they could be "awful". Individually they're awesome, and something tells me they're going to have great comedic chemistry. Seriously can't wait.

BTW, saw earlier today that this is filming in Berlin. Wonder why there? Sony probably trying to cut down production costs?

Just because two actors are great separately does not mean they'll have good on screen chemistry. I'm not saying they won't, but its definitely a possibility. Honestly, I'll probably love it no matter what because I love them both

And wouldn't filming in Berlin make it more expensive?

2 people like this

Oh sorry, I was actually thinking you meant the press tour, not the actual movie. LOL

I don't know what kind of romantic onscreen chemistry they'll have, but honestly? I'm expecting great things. It just seems to me like they'll get along well and it'll translate to screen.

IDK about filming in Berlin, just assumed it had something to do with budget. It's basically all inside a closed set, so there's no location reason to shoot there.

I truly truly hope that their individual awesomeness doesn't negate each other. It wouldn't be the first time that a pairing that sounds phenomenal in theory ends up being surprisingly underwhelming in reality.

1 person likes this

I truly truly hope that their individual awesomeness doesn't negate each other. It wouldn't be the first time that a pairing that sounds phenomenal in theory ends up being surprisingly underwhelming in reality.

This is what i'm worried about. Definite possibility.

1 person likes this

This is what i'm worried about. Definite possibility.

Unless they hate each other and can't hide it, I bet that the press tour will be awesomely funny and fun.

As far as onscreen chemistry, that is such an elusive, magical thing, and it really can't be predicted based on how hot or funny or cool actors look next to each other in pictures or in studio pitch meeting wet dreams. A screen couple either has chemistry it or does not have it.

We'll have to wait and see.

Is there a link for the script that everyone loves?

I don't normally read beforehand but I don't know when this will come out. 

Huh. Jurassic World's massive opening might end up costing Sony some money.

From the Hollywood Reporter article about Jen's salary:

Chris' deal gives him about $10 million with the possibility (likelihood) of more based on the performance of Universal's Jurassic World reboot (June 12).

Really liked of The Imitation Game. More Lawrence and Pratt ?

grrrr

iron-man-gif.gif