Impact

Amityville: The Awakening | Free on Google Play on October 12, in select theaters October 28

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It's a Dimension release though, which means they'll shove it in loads of theatres but not market it properly. They couldn't even make Scream 4 a big hit.

Dimension were so good in the late 90's too. Sigh. 

Dimension was also a great studio in the early 2000's as well. They had sucessful franchises that helped them out from the 90's till 2005 or so. Dimension also had popularity with their horror franchises at video stores too.

First off if they are releasing it once with already two posters, a film rating(PG-13), and a two year old trailer. What's the point of moving the film? Is Dimension chicken shit that Batman Vs. Superman would hurt it? If they are then just let the pain go on. 

Weinstein is clearly a sinking ship. Always running into money troubles and now Harvey's drying up on the awards scene as well. I imagine a lot of names are now apprehensive about working with him because you never know if he'll give a project his total backing or if he'll throw it under a bus when he doesn't get his way (ala Snowpiercer, Macbeth, among others).

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, filmlover said:

Weinstein is clearly a sinking ship. Always running into money troubles and now Harvey's drying up on the awards scene as well. I imagine a lot of names are now apprehensive about working with him because you never know if he'll give a project his total backing or if he'll throw it under a bus when he doesn't get his way (ala Snowpiercer, Macbeth, among others).

Turns out I was right. The head of distribution has left (which is likely why this was delayed). Weinstein is fucked.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/erik-lomis-weinstein-co-departure-regal-1201718278/

It's funny because I saw a poster for this film at my local Regal last week with the original April 1st date. I'm just thinking either this got moved or they just released it in 1 theater with absolutely no promotion. Plus the fact this is getting first horror film of the new year treatment that usually means its shit.