luna

David Fincher

Alien 3: CSe7en: BThe Game: B-Fight Club: APanic Room: B-Zodiac: AThe Curious Case of Benjamin Button: BThe Social Network: A+The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: B-

Edited by Sam

Se7en ----- 8.5/10 ---- great crime thriller, one of the best in genre
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ----- 8/10 ---- strong in every aspect, problem is lacking greatness
The Game ----- 8/10 ----- a little fell out of balance, focusing too much on the game
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button ----- 7.5/10 ----- overlong
Zodiac ----- 7/10 ----- overlong
Alien³ ----- 7/10
Panic Room ----- 7.5/10 ----- that is probably the best one can do with a subject like this
The Social Network ---- 7/10 ----- not a fan of those movies 
Fight Club ---- 6/10 ----- kind of boring, too many shots

Ficher is a very good director. He can tell stories that range from extremely simple to extremely complicated in very fluent, intensive and entertaining ways. However most of his movies lack a little greatness to be qualified as real classics. I think he still got room to improve. Expecting his true great movies or masterpieces to come in future.
Edited by firedeep

I definitely subscribe to the opinion that every even film in Fincher's filmography is close to or simply a masterpiece (Zodiac being the best, IMO, but TSN and Fight Club are extremely close), while every odd film is decent-to-mediocre. I wonder if he'll finally break that streak with Gone Girl - on the one hand, I'm doubting the source material, on the other hand, Fincher can elevate his source material like no other director.

My ranking of his films (my first director ranking on this board).

The Social Network 10 / 10

Seven 10 / 10

Fight Club 10 / 10

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 9 / 10

Zodiac 9 / 10

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 8 / 10

The Game 7 / 10

Alien3 6.5 / 10

N/S Panic Room

Edited by Pokearcher

It's close to a tie between Fight Club and The Social Network (which is still my favorite movie of this decade so far). Big fan! Rankings:

1. Fight Club

2. The Social Network

3. Seven

4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

6. Panic Room

7. Zodiac

8. The Game

9. Alien3

Dying of excitement for Gone Girl. The book was amazing and Fincher is perfect for an adaptation of it.