grim22

Fifty Shades Darker | February 10th, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 13

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fifty-Shades-Grey-2-3-Happening-Get-Details-69644.html

Hollywood is now officially moving forward with both Fifty Shades sequels, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.
The news that Anastasia Steele would be returning to the big screen two more times broke Friday and the response from fans was insane. According to MTV, lead cast members Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, along with director Sam Taylor-Johnson and author E.L. James were at a special "Fifty Shades First" fan screening at New York’s Zeigfeld Theatre when they revealed the big news, sending fans into a complete tizzy. The announcement that the second and third book of the Fifty Shades trilogy will be getting their big screen adaptations comes after news that the first film's advance ticket sales have been absolutely crushing previous expecations.

We shall see if the second even happens. No point in finishing the trilogy when 90% of the audience likely isn't gonna want to come back for more. Although it's funny to think Dornan/Johnson could be contracted to two more when it's obvious based on the press tours for this movie they don't like the property or each other and visibly would rather be elsewhere while promoting it lol.

Edit: thought this was the thread for the last book lol. But my point still stands nonetheless!

Edited by filmlover

I think if Dornan and Johnson agree to do the sequels, they will shoot back to back. They seem to not have liked shooting this, so it wouldn't make sense for them to come back to it twice. They won't receive 25m per movie. Then the sequels would cost over 100m.

I think if Dornan and Johnson agree to do the sequels, they will shoot back to back. They seem to not have liked shooting this, so it wouldn't make sense for them to come back to it twice. They won't receive 25m per movie. Then the sequels would cost over 100m.

25 million per film would be ridiculous for a film like this. If lucky they'll make it between the next two movies. Not one.

25 million per film would be ridiculous for a film like this. If lucky they'll make it between the next two movies. Not one.

The Twilight trio received 50M each for the last two movies (25M for each one).

We shall see if the second even happens. No point in finishing the trilogy when 90% of the audience likely isn't gonna want to come back for more. Although it's funny to think Dornan/Johnson could be contracted to two more when it's obvious based on the press tours for this movie they don't like the property or each other and visibly would rather be elsewhere while promoting it lol.

Lots of clear projection on your post. You can't possibly know what the actors are feeling; you are simply basing your assertions on how you feel personally about the property.

By the way, what's in bold is the same thing that they said about New Moon when Twilight was about to open.

We all know how that ended...NM outgrossed T by 100 million.

Edited by cochofles

Any indication as to the release date? If they film the sequels back to back then they can be a year apart, but I'm not sure if Darker will be released next Valentine's Day as it doesn't give them a lot of time.

Any indication as to the release date? If they film the sequels back to back then they can be a year apart, but I'm not sure if Darker will be released next Valentine's Day as it doesn't give them a lot of time.

Why? Is not like this movie will take half a year to film.

The Twilight trio received 50M each for the last two movies (25M for each one).

I think that's because they had to sign new contracts to do a fourth so they renegotiated the third as well because they had leverage.

Unless they split the last volume of James opus into two that won't be an issue here.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

I think that's because they had to sign new contracts to do a fourth so they renegotiated the third as well because they had leverage.

Unless they split the last volume of James opus into two that won't be an issue here.

Exactly. Harry Potter and Twilight actors got so much money because the studio split the final movie and they had to renegotiate the contract. I think Universal will wait for box office receipts of the second movie before they will split the third movie. My sense is that FSOG doesn't have the sort of solid core support that Twilight, HP and THG had. Twilight and Harry Potter were reliable $300 million DOM grossers by the time the studio split the final movie. FSOG isn't there yet.

Edited by TLK