kayumanggi

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS | 08.28.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $3,591,417

"We Are Your Friends' is about what it takes to find your voice. Set in the world of electronic music and Hollywood nightlife, an aspiring 23-year-old DJ named Cole (Efron) spends his days scheming with his childhood friends and his nights working on the one track that will set the world on fire. All of this changes when he meets a charismatic but damaged older DJ named James (Bentley), who takes him under his wing. Things get complicated, however, when Cole starts falling for James' much younger girlfriend, Sophie (Ratajkowski). With Cole's forbidden relationship intensifying and his friendships unraveling, he must choose between love, loyalty, and the future he is destined for.

trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=72&v=RQpT8-vZsOo

This could probably do "That Awkward Moment" numbers at best. That late August slot is a deadzone.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 2

Efron is way too good looking, charismatic, and genuinely talented not to become a full-fledged movie star/box office attraction some day. This film will not be the one that propells him into being a real movie star. But he will get his chance eventually.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

Not a big deal but I never really got why Americans insist on calling 'dance' music 'electronic' music. While technically it's all computerised both have very different generic implications, and what's heard in the trailer is categorically the former.

Edited by Hatebox

I spent a decade in that scene and the trailer pretty nails the vibe.  I'm pretty excited for this.  I like the cast, especially seeing that Bernthal is in it also.