• Blazing Saddles
    • Young Frankenstien
    • Silent Movie
    • Spaceballs
    • Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    • History of the World
    • Life Stinks
    • Dracula Dead and Loving It

So what is it? Mine is the most awesome of comedies, Spaceballs. Though Producers is quite funny.I have a confession though-I still need to see Young Frankenstien and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. (Ive only seen bits and pieces of Robin Hood)He really didn't direct a lot it seems. (Wow, he did Life Stinks. And sad to see what his last film was)As a bit of trivia-he did help write The Elephant Man.

I love a bunch of Mel Brooks' films. But this is an easy choice for me. Young Frankenstein is the best to me. From "Abby Normal" to the hump changing places, it is hilarious. I am laughing just thinking about it as I type.

Do not underestimate the power of the Schwartz.Okay guys and girls I have a story now.Back in 1992 I believe it was, a young boy who would of been 10 if it was then parent's rented a movie they saw called Spaceballs. He watched it with them and fell in love with it.The end:P

Do not underestimate the power of the Schwartz.Okay guys and girls I have a story now.Back in 1992 I believe it was, a young boy who would of been 10 if it was then parent's rented a movie they saw called Spaceballs. He watched it with them and fell in love with it.The end :P

Oh you should know I absolutely love Spaceballs too, but it is a close 2nd. ;)

It has been really hard to choose. I have voted for Young Frankenstein, but when I was a child I watched both History of the World and Spaceballs dozens of times. I think Mel Brooks is very underrated. In my opinion, he is at the same level that Monty Python, for example.

"That goes without saying" ;)

Now you've done it, I had to watch the damned thing once again ... an it IS the best!"Spaceballs" is very nice and silly, too, and I watch it every now and then - "Comb the desert!" - but with Young Frankenstein there is an additional layer: It's done with such love for the details - the image composition, the sets, the costumes - that it's far more than just a spoof. It's a beautiful film in its own right. "Blazing Saddles" was very funny too, but if you look at it as a western, the production values simply were not there. "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" was ok but just so. "Silent Movie" has a nice concept and a fine cast but is not that funny. "High Anxiety" should have more tension, again it works only as a spoof.