Master Scottb

Favorite John Hughes Directed Movie

Favorite John Hughes Directed Movie  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite John Hughes Directed Movie?

• Sixteen Candles
    • The Breakfast Club
    • Weird Science
    • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    • Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
    • She's Having a Baby
    • Uncle Buck
    • Curley Sue

That vote was harder than I thought it would be. Through various stages of life, it would be different ones. Planes, Trains & Automobiles definitely as an adult/parent. Weird Science in early college. Ferris Bueller in late teens and Sixteen Candles during early teens.

I'm not sure how to pick just one. Every film except Curly Sue is fantastic in its own right. I chose Ferris,but really, Sixteen, TBC, WS, PTA could all take the cake.

The Breakfast Club, easily. One of my favorite movies, and it's the perfect humorous portrayal of teen angst. Ferris Bueller is also great, of course.

Agreed. PTA Ferris and TBC are all fantastic films. Tough to choose.

i picked sixteen candles, co-2nd would be the breakfast club and she's having a baby!

i remember thanks to this film wanting my 16th birthday to be great , lets just say it was equally as dismalling as hers turned out to be , a day to forget and alas no happy ending lol,

the nerd in the film i cannot get over who he is today , he was like the quintessential nerd who make people squirm , like i believe even some nerds wouldnt want to associate with him

plus there's john cusack in the film, he's so cute(another cursed with the baby face syndrome,he got tall and old but his face hasnt changed) and the exchange student was hilarious!

i love how her family seemed so different from her and yet they felt real as a unit!

• Like 1

She's Having a Baby is the first film I ever cried in. When Woman's Work plays on the soundtrack and Bacon is weeping because of the loss of his child, I lost it. Keep in mind, E.T. came out 5 years earlier and for some reason I didn't cry in that movie. But SHAB had me balling.

She's Having a Baby is the first film I ever cried in. When Woman's Work plays on the soundtrack and Bacon is weeping because of the loss of his child, I lost it. Keep in mind, E.T. came out 5 years earlier and for some reason I didn't cry in that movie. But SHAB had me balling.

its a great film, somehow in my child like eyes it seems like an incredible drama oscar worthy ,i love how vague a memory of a film might be that you saw as a kid but what remains is a feeling an impression a colour, even a scent...

like say when i watch a british period film , i remember how i loved and enjoyed my time in england, the scent of the air, the parks, the countryside