filmscholar

What's Tony Scott's Best Movie???

What's Tony Scott's Best Film??  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is Tony Scott's Best Film????

• The Hunger
    • Top Gun
    • Beverly Hills Cop II
    • Revenge
    • Days of Thunder
    • The Last Boyscout
    • True Romance
    • Crimson Tide
    • The Fan
    • Enemy of the State
    • Spy Game
    • Man on Fire
    • Domino
    • Deja Vu
    • Pelham 1,2,3
    • Unstoppable

With all the talk about suicide, I figured we have a thread focusing on the positive of Tony's life which is his work. He really enjoyed making movies for the fans regardless of what the critics felt. This thread is for people to express what they favorite Tony Scott film is. It is also for people who aren't familiar with his work to get to know his movies a little better. He directed 16 films over 30 years. It was an amazing run. I have to think about what my favorite is:

Posted Image

It's actually a pretty tough list to choose from. I loved Top Gun, Last Boy Scout, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State. Man on Fire is a tremendous movie. And even the films I'm not that crazy about like Domino or the Fan were always interesting and never boring. But I have to go with True Romance. It's like most of his films, it's very stylized but this time he had some terrific dialogue and a great cast. You know that he would get great performances from people like Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper. And then before they were well known, Brad Pitt and James Gandolfini. But to get a good performance out of someone like Patricia Arquette told me that this guy knew how to work with actors.

Edited by DAR

He was ahead of his time. Beveryly Hills Cop 2 and Top Gun are blockbusters that look like they could be Michael Bay movies.Still my fave of his is Man on Fire. A truly awe-inspired movie and one that almost brought me to tears.

• Like 1

He was ahead of his time. Beveryly Hills Cop 2 and Top Gun are blockbusters that look like they could be Michael Bay movies.Still my fave of his is Man on Fire. A truly awe-inspired movie and one that almost brought me to tears.

I actually did tear up during Man on Fire
  • Like 1