All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ah shit, well I wouldn't wanna disagree with agentcooper315
  3. Fandango is giving me some serious headaches, that's why I haven't been able to provide tracking updates on all the other films.
  4. Speaking of which, I've noticed that there's a trend this Broadway season of adapting books that were previously adapted into fairly famous movies into stage musicals. There's currently a Water for Elephants musical starring TV The Flash Grant Gustin, but there's also a musical of The Notebook with an interracial bent, yet there doesn't seem to be any particular outrage over the fact the female lead isn't a Rachel McAdams doppelganger. Just goes to show how fake the entire "outrage" over the West End R+J is cause there's no way it ever would've received such attention if Holland's participation hadn't forced the CB/online community to take notice. In which case, the laugh is truly on them.
  5. @Dreadnought not sure why you gave me a “Knock it Off” reaction for this harmless comment but…sorry you didn’t like the film I guess? Lol
  6. Challengers: Thursday Comps: Theater 1: 16 Tickets Theater 2: 7 Tickets Lisa Frankenstein: $1.64M Mean Girls: $.76M Anyone But You: $.77M No Hard Feelings: $3.30M Magic Mike 3: $1.35M Don't Worry Darling: $1.00M Comps going up. Aiming between $1M-$1.5M Friday Comps: Theater 1: 24 Tickets Theater 2: 22 Tickets Lisa Frankenstein: $2.17M Mean Girls: $.96M Anyone But You: $5.24M No Hard Feelings: $38.66M Magic Mike 3: $5.56M Don't Worry Darling: $3.22M Kinda wide comps, but feeling a good chance at $5M+ rn
  7. I know someone who is planning to do the entire Spider-Man Monday marathon and says so far the vibe of the first two's screenings were a lot of fun (people showing up in costume and taking photos, reacting to the most iconic scenes/lines, etc.). The sales for the next couple of ones are looking rather strong too, rather impressive considering 3 and the TASM duo have always been much less revered. Since these screenings are probably doing as well as they can for one night events on a Monday not in summer, have to imagine they'll be bringing these back again around the time the next Tom Holland movie comes out to build hype.
  8. Minnesota Previews: Unsung Hero (T-2): Day: T-2, T-1 Shows New Sold Seats % Sold Thursday: 24 theaters 42 30 172 4081 4.21 Wednesday April 24 EA: 23 theaters 32 14 1147 3198 35.87 TOTALS: 74 44 1319 7279 18.12 Type of tix: Total: New: Percentage: PLFs: 2 0 1.16 MTC1: 53 2 30.81 Alamo: 0 0 0 Other chains: 119 28 69.19 Comps (Combined EA + THU): 3.44x Cabrini: $1.72 Million Chosen S4, Eps 1-3: Missed 6.06x The Shift (w/ EA): $2.26 Million 4.44x After Death: $1.78 Million Average: $1.92 Million
  9. This is kinda unrelated but what exactly proves GOTG 3 has better WOM domestically than Wakanda Forever? They have the same CS, similar PostTrak, same verified RT, same RT score, same MetaCritic. General audiences don't use stuff like IMDB or Letterboxd.
  10. Minnesota Previews: Challengers (T-2): Day: T-2 Shows New Sold Seats % Sold Totals: 25 theaters 88 107 227 14201 1.6 Type of tix: Total: New: Percentage: PLFs: 112 34 49.34 MTC1: 149 57 65.64 Alamo: 6 0 2.64 Other chains: 72 50 31.72 Thursday Comps: 0.36x Civil War (THU): $1.05 Million 2.05x Drive-Away Dolls: $720k (17 theaters) 0.33x Mean Girls: $855k (17 theaters) 1.36x Iron Claw: $915k (17 theaters) 1.5x Anyone But You: $1.8 Million (17 theaters) 0.56x The Creator (THU): $755k (17 theaters) 0.65x Asteroid City: $715k (12 theaters) Average: $970k This movie must be underperforming here, most comps still pointing to sub-$1 million (but trending upwards). I think I'll partially blame it on arguably the heaviest pre-sale theater in town only going on sale yesterday, so that hasn't caught up to the level of other films
  11. Today
  12. 90% of movie posters suck for the last 30 years and now when one comes out that sucks people act like it’s AI. Shit is going to get super annoying really fast
  13. I mean a director was just attached to Conjuring 4 2 months ago - not like it’s been a year since there’s been news on the franchise
  14. Josh O Connell a few times A few tennis extras (locker-room) Zendaya partially, thong in two scenes and a completely see through bra
  15. Emily and Ryan must be having flashbacks to some of their previous movies that got strong reviews and buzz and audiences just don't bite in the numbers they should. Edge of Tomorrow for her and take your pick for him. Drive, The Nice Guys, Blade Runner 2049, First Man. Which kind of backs up the narrative that he does not really open movies I guess. The Fall Guy seems like it should be the most GA friendly mainstream movie all all though.
  16. If the rumours that is less action oriented, way more worried about creating an epic that spans 2 decades etc is true i think it won’t get anywhere near Fury Road level of reception, especially because everyone loved FR and the comparisons will happen. Still i hope is more of a divisive but solid mid 70’s on MC than actual mixed reviews, otherwise it will flop.
  17. Dune 2 passed 4M admits by the end of the weekend, looking at 4.15m admits final. KFP 4 should get to 3m admits (past KFP3) since Garfield is delayed until July in France
  18. 750-850k OD id guess? Not really sure, is OD culture day?
  19. To go along with that, while final sets are not up for my Cinemarks, it is telling that Fall Guy is NOT getting all PLF at my PLF theater. Instead, the Star Wars re-release is getting 1 full XD (and 2 screens for presales), which is the same as Fall Guy. At my other local, Star Wars is not yet booked, and Fall Guy is still sitting at 1 screen for presales.
  20. It is pretty deep in the tennis of it all too, which I appreciated.
  21. Yesterday
  22. I don't primarily think of Match Point that way either, but the sources that do include: Rotten Tomatoes Wikipedia The Hollywood Reporter (the photo for Match Point is Jonathan Rhys Meyers playing tennis, lol) Esquire Town & Country (not a movie mag but pretty plugged into the country club set) Hey, I don't make the rules... Maybe they're stretching the definition because it's not an extensive list. I think Challengers was wise to lead the advertising with the sexiness, because people going into it expecting the typical American "sports movie" wouldn't be able to handle this.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.