All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The second trend from insidekino.de - even better holds than in the first trend: #1 Chantal 240k #2 Back to Black 100k #3 Civil War 100k #4 Kung Fu Panda 4 80k #5 GxK 80k #6 Dune 2 65k #7 Abigail 35k #8 The First Omen 27.5k #9 Morgen ist auch noch ein Tag 25k
  3. Today
  4. We've all known and repeated for awhile that this wasn't gonna be a great box office time, but people are bored and need something to talk about so weekend melodrama is all this forum's got right now.
  5. It's sad how few movies nowadays really appeal to me. It feels like a lot of directors are on autopilot and then even some great movies that are being made aren't marketed well. Doesn't help that the franchise obsession has led Hollywood to have so few new bankable movie stars created in the last decade.
  6. That’s actually ok for Back to Black and Civil War. I was expecting sub-£200k for Abigail given how nice it was here yesterday and how quiet the cinema was. Book of Clarence, not surprised in the slightest. Looks like the most unappealing film in a long time. A £38 PTA lol.
  7. Friday 1. Back to Black £592k 2. Civil War £328k 3. Abigail £208k 4. Godzilla £126k 5. Panda £125k 17. Book Of Clarence £7k
  8. I feel pretty good about the theatrical space. I liked how 2023 turned out and I really like how 2025 is shaping up. A steady stream of big product is all that's needed (and it looks like that's coming), proven already by plenty of multi-week periods from the past couple years. A normal slate of movies would have Abigail/Monkey Man/Lisa Frankenstein be the B-openers of the week, not the biggest new titles. This weekend, and the others like it this year, won't bother me. The new flicks all did about what I thought they'd do. Maybe my expectations were low? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  9. Yeh solid cinemascores all around. That Guy Ritchie film one is surprising. I don’t usually like to say “looks like a streaming film” but come on. It looks like something from when Netflix first started out. So audience reception and critical reviews aren’t the reason for the low numbers. Hey at least there’s a battle for the #1 spot.
  10. Well maybe they don't. We will find out. They probably did not give a fuck about Edge of Tomorrow or The Nice Guys either. Two movies each one these two actors starred in that got great reviews and did not click at the time.
  11. Yeah, the MCU is seriously long in the tooth at this point. It's time for a full reboot.
  12. Absolutely there were some good weekend and there will be some good weekends, but theaters don’t need “some” they need “enough” and they definitely haven’t been getting that recently. Also agree that people will go when there are movies they want to see — the entire problem is that people don’t have enough movies they want to see anymore
  13. Even if DP3 is a 1.2B smash or whatever it won't stop the MCU 2025 slate from all bombing
  14. For most of history you had low/mid budget success, nonfranchise blockbuster success, and other mega franchise success ensuring financial viability. If one of those replaced MCU then of course you could be continue to be fine (or at least, continue scraping by better — would really like at least 2-3/4 to actually be doing well), but if you’ve got 0/4…
  15. The problem is that: a) Making stuff people want to see has always been a difficult task, especially now that Hollywood is going through a lean period b) The bar for actually getting people to leave their homes to watch that stuff is so much higher than it used to be for a whole variety of reasons.
  16. I am pretty sure there was some pretty good weekends in these last 65 weekends and there will be some good weekends in the next 65. When there are movies out people want to see. I guess the point I was trying to make is it's not that people don't want to go they just need to be motivated to go and the studios are not doing a great job of that on a consistent basis.
  17. If MCU dead equate to Hollywood death when the first big Marvel movie didn't come out until 2002, then what is supporting the industry survival in between 1920-2000? That is 80 years old worth of history before first Spiderman came out.
  18. What exactly was Universal supposed to do that they didn't? I genuinely don't get your point. It's way too much of an oversimplification to just say "yeah, well, if they marketed it better it would've performed" for everything. At some point you also have to say, yeah, well, maybe the audience just doesn't give a fuck.
  19. You might be the only one around here with a higher opinion of my opinions than myself Definitely not around enough anymore to be the best user and I meme/snark too much to be best value/post either, that’d probably be someone like Barnack.
  20. EXACTLY, you're 100% correct Ant-Man 3 literally marked the collapse of the MCU. Comments like these are exactly why you are the best and most accurate user on this entire forum
  21. No one is saying the industry has big problems because of this weekend’s release numbers. It’s a conversation because of the last 65 weekend’s numbers and the what we’re looking at for the next 65 weekends
  22. Just want to say that we are doing the theaters are dying and it's all doomed on a weekend when the big new movies are a little girl vampire movie and a Guy Ritchie WW2 movie that the studio basically dumped like they have been doing to most of their movies lately. This is following a weekend where a independent studio had their biggest opening ever and got to almost close to 30 million. Yeah the BO office is not great but people do go when the studios and indies put some effort into making their movies stand out and appeal to them. I will even say that for The Fall Guy in two weeks. If it does underwhelm that means Universal did not do the marketing job they should have considering they have the goods at least based on the early reviews.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.