Neo

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves | March 31, 2023 | Paramount | Amazon Prime advance screenings March 19 @ 2 PM

16 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Anachronistic, quip filled fantasy cheesefest is exactly what a D&D movie SHOULD be like. I feel some people here who may have expected a LotR type movie never experienced the game. 

I 100% agree, 

Frankly, if you want a serious fantasy film, use other source material.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Ofc, but when friends get together to play a tabletop game about dragons and wizards that's the tone that tends to dominate.

Exactly. 

Now some of the computer based D and D games are another story. But the vast majority of face to face D and D sessions I have been nvolved in are for fun, and the players don't take themsleves seriously.

I have been involved with Tolkien fandom since the late 80's..and, frankly, one change I don't like it that Fantasy fans take themselves too damn seriouly nowdays.  In my day "Bored Of The Rings" was almost required reading.

I also think there is a big difference between Sword and Sorcery fantasy and Epic Fantasy but that is aonther story.

But quick comparasion: Conan is Sword and Sorcery ; LOTR Epic Fantasy.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

What is this going to do now that Creed III is on that March 3rd date? Creed III’s ads say “made for IMAX” and everything. What’s going to happen if Creed and this actually release together? Will Dungeons have to share IMAX screenings, or could they lose all its IMAX screenings to Creed entirely? Is Paramount trying to find another date? and why is this the first comment on Dungeons’s thread since July? Is Paramount dropping the ball? 😱

2 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

What is this going to do now that Creed III is on that March 3rd date? Creed III’s ads say “made for IMAX” and everything. What’s going to happen if Creed and this actually release together? Will Dungeons have to share IMAX screenings, or could they lose all its IMAX screenings to Creed entirely? Is Paramount trying to find another date? and why is this the first comment on Dungeons’s thread since July? Is Paramount dropping the ball? 😱

Honestly a lot of DND fans are mad at hasbro due changes made 1DND playtests.  it's probably best that the film lays low

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

I've been saying this. With Creed 3 being filmed in Imax, that would get all imax showtimes. Maybe DnD could get all Dolby, but I'd bet they'd split. Regardless, idk why either MGM or Paramount would want their 2 blockbusters to split PLFs.

DnD should move to January 20. It could get Imax and Dolby exclusivity for 2 weeks. Easy. Put me in charge of Paramount

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I've been saying this. With Creed 3 being filmed in Imax, that would get all imax showtimes. Maybe DnD could get all Dolby, but I'd bet they'd split. Regardless, idk why either MGM or Paramount would want their 2 blockbusters to split PLFs.

DnD should move to January 20. It could get Imax and Dolby exclusivity for 2 weeks. Easy. Put me in charge of Paramount

I'm pretty sure Avatar also has IMAX screens on lock for all of January given how much of a monster the original was in the format. Doubt anyone will want to tread on it in the possible event it's just as massive as its predecessor.

11 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Honestly a lot of DND fans are mad at hasbro due changes made 1DND playtests.  it's probably best that the film lays low

It is a big stretch to go from some people disliking initial rough drafts of playtest changes to lots of people refusing to see a movie out of spite

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Reddroast said:

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

It is a big stretch to go from some people disliking initial rough drafts of playtest changes to lots of people refusing to see a movie out of spite

More to the point when have D&D fans not been upset at upcoming editions/major revisions to the game line?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Avatar also has IMAX screens on lock for all of January given how much of a monster the original was in the format. Doubt anyone will want to tread on it in the possible event it's just as massive as its predecessor.

Oh wow, didn't realize Avatar would have exclusivity for that long... hard to imagine it gets a whole 5 weeks

If that is the case than scratch that. DnD should move to like April 21 then

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SLAM! said:

I don't think there's anything on March 10 now that Haunted Mansion moved. Plop Dungeons and Dragons on there, have one big IMAX movie a week, and call it a day.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 8:02 AM, 4815162342 said:

Agreed,

But surprised Hasbro did not learn it's lesson from a few years ago when so many gamers hated the changes to D and D that the Pathfinder system took a fair amount of players away from D and D until Hasbro dumped the disliked changes.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it is often good advice.

Edited by dudalb

This shit looks like it's going Straight To The Supermarket DVD Section

dnd-poster.jpg?auto=webp&width=1080&heig

I just can't help but feel like its destined to be one of those never out of stock Bargain Bin Classics

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This shit looks like it's going Straight To The Supermarket DVD Section

dnd-poster.jpg?auto=webp&width=1080&heig

I just can't help but feel like its destined to be one of those never out of stock Bargain Bin Classics

It's amazing how everyone looks both cohesive but from a different movie at the same time.